Nvidia ForceWare Network Access Manager Cannot install/uninstall.
Ok, this is driving me nuts. I do not want this bit of software on my computer, yet it appears to be listed in my program list for programs that can be unistalled.

It is listed there but has a install file size of.... nothing.

This is how it is listed = NVIDIA FORCEWARE Network Access Manager (publisher isnt not listed, plus there is no file size for the install.

When I download the drivers from the Nvidia site for my Motherboard, which is a ASUS M3N-H/HDMI and try install them, when it gets around to installing the NAM software, it says a previous version is already installed, and needs to uninstall the previous version to upgrade to the new one. It says it will do this on next reboot, but it just keeps looping around asking the same question and trying to uninstall all the time.

The Motherboard driver I am trying to install is

nForce Driver Version 15.49
Version: 15.49 WHQL
Release Date: October 1, 2009

Any ideas?

My computer is a AMD Athalon 64 X2 Duel Core
ASUS M3N-H/HDMI Motherboard
4 gig of RAM
Vista 64 Service Pack 2

Whenever I try to uninstall the full suite, it just comes up with - UNABLE TO UNINSTALL NAM
Ok, this is driving me nuts. I do not want this bit of software on my computer, yet it appears to be listed in my program list for programs that can be unistalled.

This is how it is listed = NVIDIA FORCEWARE Network Access Manager (publisher isnt not listed, plus there is no file size for the install.

When I download the drivers from the Nvidia site for my Motherboard, which is a ASUS M3N-H/HDMI and try install them, when it gets around to installing the NAM software, it says a previous version is already installed, and needs to uninstall the previous version to upgrade to the new one. It says it will do this on next reboot, but it just keeps looping around asking the same question and trying to uninstall all the time.

Any ideas?

4 gig of RAM

Vista 64 Service Pack 2

Whenever I try to uninstall the full suite, it just comes up with - UNABLE TO UNINSTALL NAM

Posted 11/07/2009 11:33 AM   
[quote name='teamdoa' post='946966' date='Nov 7 2009, 12:33 PM']Ok, this is driving me nuts. I do not want this bit of software on my computer, yet it appears to be listed in my program list for programs that can be unistalled.

Any ideas?

4 gig of RAM
Vista 64 Service Pack 2

Whenever I try to uninstall the full suite, it just comes up with - UNABLE TO UNINSTALL NAM[/quote]

Why do you want to install NAM ? NAM is as far as I know the SW-based firewall from Nvidia. NAM = asking for trouble, so don't
bother installing it. The ethernet drive is more than sufficient for net access. Make sure your router has a firewall and you use
either the Windows firewall or a 3rd party one.
[quote name='teamdoa' post='946966' date='Nov 7 2009, 12:33 PM']Ok, this is driving me nuts. I do not want this bit of software on my computer, yet it appears to be listed in my program list for programs that can be unistalled.

Any ideas?

4 gig of RAM

Vista 64 Service Pack 2

Why do you want to install NAM ? NAM is as far as I know the SW-based firewall from Nvidia. NAM = asking for trouble, so don't

bother installing it. The ethernet drive is more than sufficient for net access. Make sure your router has a firewall and you use

Posted 11/07/2009 01:06 PM   
[quote name='loekf' post='946987' date='Nov 7 2009, 01:06 PM']Why do you want to install NAM ? NAM is as far as I know the SW-based firewall from Nvidia. NAM = asking for trouble, so don't
either the Windows firewall or a 3rd party one.[/quote]

It installed with the Forceware package for my motherboard I want to uninstall it.
[quote name='loekf' post='946987' date='Nov 7 2009, 01:06 PM']Why do you want to install NAM ? NAM is as far as I know the SW-based firewall from Nvidia. NAM = asking for trouble, so don't

It installed with the Forceware package for my motherboard I want to uninstall it.

Posted 11/07/2009 01:30 PM   
Things to try.....

1) Safe Mode.

2) CCleaner.

3) Reinstall of the older drivers.
Things to try.....

1) Safe Mode.

2) CCleaner.

3) Reinstall of the older drivers.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 11/07/2009 02:19 PM   
[img]http://www.sonicteam.karoo.net/pics/comp1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.sonicteam.karoo.net/pics/comp2.jpg[/img]

Yeah tried all that.

These two images are basically what I get everytime I try to UNinstall.

I click YES, and it starts to install, then the second image comes up again asking the same question.

Yeah tried all that.

These two images are basically what I get everytime I try to UNinstall.

I click YES, and it starts to install, then the second image comes up again asking the same question.

Posted 11/07/2009 04:57 PM   
Try this.

Click the Nvidia drivers and remove the Network drivers from there.

[attachment=14607:Remove_this_driver.JPG]

Then remove the NAM.

If that does not work:

In the Device manager, Remove all the nVidia Network devices. Actually Uninstall them, then try and uninstall the NAM.

If that fails, reboot and disable them in the BIOS.
Try this.

[attachment=14607:Remove_this_driver.JPG]

Then remove the NAM.

If that does not work:

In the Device manager, Remove all the nVidia Network devices. Actually Uninstall them, then try and uninstall the NAM.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 11/07/2009 05:17 PM   
[quote name='Greybear' post='947088' date='Nov 7 2009, 05:17 PM']Try this.

[attachment=18869:Remove_this_driver.JPG]

Then remove the NAM.

If that does not work:

If that fails, reboot and disable them in the BIOS.[/quote]

Thanks for your suggestions on this. I tried all of those, and still no luck :(
When I removed the network drivers, at the end, a box came up and said "Unable to uninstall NAM"

The network drivers did uninstall though. I tried disabling my LAN in the Bios, but it did not help either.

I noticed when I did uninstall the network drivers, the install sheild kept flashing up about 5 or more times before it finally came up with the "unable uninstall NAM" box.
[quote name='Greybear' post='947088' date='Nov 7 2009, 05:17 PM']Try this.

[attachment=18869:Remove_this_driver.JPG]

Then remove the NAM.

If that does not work:

Thanks for your suggestions on this. I tried all of those, and still no luck :(

When I removed the network drivers, at the end, a box came up and said "Unable to uninstall NAM"

The network drivers did uninstall though. I tried disabling my LAN in the Bios, but it did not help either.

I noticed when I did uninstall the network drivers, the install sheild kept flashing up about 5 or more times before it finally came up with the "unable uninstall NAM" box.

Posted 11/07/2009 11:25 PM   
Sounds like something is damaged, like in the Registry. When you ran CCLEANER did you use the registry tool?

By chance, did you happen to check and see if you had a Restore point prior to the install of the NAM?
Sounds like something is damaged, like in the Registry. When you ran CCLEANER did you use the registry tool?

By chance, did you happen to check and see if you had a Restore point prior to the install of the NAM?

Posted 11/08/2009 01:19 AM   
[quote name='teamdoa' post='946997' date='Nov 7 2009, 02:30 PM']It installed with the Forceware package for my motherboard I want to uninstall it.[/quote]

Did you try to go back to a Windows restore point before you installed the drivers ?
[quote name='teamdoa' post='946997' date='Nov 7 2009, 02:30 PM']It installed with the Forceware package for my motherboard I want to uninstall it.

Did you try to go back to a Windows restore point before you installed the drivers ?

Posted 11/08/2009 09:32 AM   
[quote name='loekf' post='947382' date='Nov 8 2009, 09:32 AM']Did you try to go back to a Windows restore point before you installed the drivers ?[/quote]

I honestly do not even remember installing it, and didnt even know what is was a few days ago. I only noticed it because I am having problems disconnecting from the internet.

I will see what my restore point is.

Cheers.
[quote name='loekf' post='947382' date='Nov 8 2009, 09:32 AM']Did you try to go back to a Windows restore point before you installed the drivers ?

I honestly do not even remember installing it, and didnt even know what is was a few days ago. I only noticed it because I am having problems disconnecting from the internet.

I will see what my restore point is.

Cheers.

Posted 11/08/2009 09:35 AM   
Lol, I tried going back to windows retore, but no matter how far i go back, NAM is still there.
Lol, I tried going back to windows retore, but no matter how far i go back, NAM is still there.

Posted 11/08/2009 12:21 PM   
Looks like your Registry is damaged. I tend to see this when I someone has installed an incorrect driver.

Go into the Services and Disable all the Forceware items, set them so they do not restart on a reboot. On reboot try to uninstall it again.

If they do not shutdown, goto MSCONFIG and select Diagnostic startup, then try and set them to disabled.
Looks like your Registry is damaged. I tend to see this when I someone has installed an incorrect driver.

Go into the Services and Disable all the Forceware items, set them so they do not restart on a reboot. On reboot try to uninstall it again.

If they do not shutdown, goto MSCONFIG and select Diagnostic startup, then try and set them to disabled.

Posted 11/08/2009 03:31 PM   
Ok, thanks for the replies. I finally managed to sort this by using a program called Revo unistaller, which also cleaned the registry up for me.
Ok, thanks for the replies. I finally managed to sort this by using a program called Revo unistaller, which also cleaned the registry up for me.

Posted 11/08/2009 08:05 PM   
Thank you, downloading it now myself.

[url="http://download.cnet.com/3001-2096_4-10687648.html?spi=831d72ed4d0b1c1cdd6857d76d394d3e&part=dl-RevoUnins"] Revo Uninstaller [/url]

[quote]Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.

Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet!

With its advanced and fast algorithm, Revo Uninstaller analyzes an application's data before uninstall and scans after you uninstall an application. After the program's regular uninstaller runs, you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left over on your computer. Even if you have a broken installation, Revo Uninstaller scans for an application's data on your hard disk drives and in the Windows registry and shows all found files, folders and registry keys so you can delete them.

With its unique "Hunter mode", Revo Uninstaller offers you some simple, easy to use, but effective and powerful methods for uninstalling software. You can use it to manage your installed and/or running software programs.[/quote]

[url="http://www.revouninstaller.com/"] Authors Site [/url]
Thank you, downloading it now myself.

Revo Uninstaller

Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.

Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet!

With its advanced and fast algorithm, Revo Uninstaller analyzes an application's data before uninstall and scans after you uninstall an application. After the program's regular uninstaller runs, you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left over on your computer. Even if you have a broken installation, Revo Uninstaller scans for an application's data on your hard disk drives and in the Windows registry and shows all found files, folders and registry keys so you can delete them.

With its unique "Hunter mode", Revo Uninstaller offers you some simple, easy to use, but effective and powerful methods for uninstalling software. You can use it to manage your installed and/or running software programs.

Authors Site

Posted 11/08/2009 09:52 PM   
Scroll To Top