Display Driver Crash then computer blue screen
Hi, a few days ago my computer was working fine, haven't had a display driver crash for half a year or so. Played CoD4 a bit and now a few days later if I open up any game of any sort excluding the games that comes with vista 32bit it will crash the driver after around 20 seconds in the game and then it won't be able to save itself and will create a blue screen. I've tried rolling back the driver to it's original state when I bought the computer which didn't help at all so I installed the newest driver available but still I have that problem, it doesn't die as fast but the difference is only a couple of seconds... I haven't installed any new hardware recently so it shouldn't be anything to do with that. Anyone have any ideas? :S

Some general information on my comp:

Dell Vostro
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz
Ram 4 GB DDR2
Vista 32 bit Home Premium SP2
Nvidia 8800GT 512mb

Oh and I haven't overclocked anything, they are all set at factory settings.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
Hi, a few days ago my computer was working fine, haven't had a display driver crash for half a year or so. Played CoD4 a bit and now a few days later if I open up any game of any sort excluding the games that comes with vista 32bit it will crash the driver after around 20 seconds in the game and then it won't be able to save itself and will create a blue screen. I've tried rolling back the driver to it's original state when I bought the computer which didn't help at all so I installed the newest driver available but still I have that problem, it doesn't die as fast but the difference is only a couple of seconds... I haven't installed any new hardware recently so it shouldn't be anything to do with that. Anyone have any ideas? :S

Some general information on my comp:

Dell Vostro

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz

Ram 4 GB DDR2

Vista 32 bit Home Premium SP2

Nvidia 8800GT 512mb

Oh and I haven't overclocked anything, they are all set at factory settings.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Posted 11/06/2009 01:48 PM   
Scroll To Top