Geforce driver 191.07 Issue driver causing system crash/lockups
  1 / 3    
Seems I am not the only person having issues with this driver. Two days ago my PC crashed/rebooted and when it came back up Windows(running win xp pro fyi) said it had recovered and said the cause was video driver. Well, ok so I dl and install the updated driver. I was running 187 and the new one was 191. Have never had an issue from nvidia cards or driver. Immediately upon launching any application I notice severe graphic glitches/lockups, freezing and crashing. I have tried rolling it back to the previous driver. I have tried using v190 driver. I have literally done every level 1 tech thing I know of including restoring it back to a point prior to the driver installation. Not only have none of these worked, but even returning to the 187 driver did not correct the glitches and freezes. I seem to now have a completely correct video issue. I installed the v195 beta version of this driver and while the application which was just flat out shutting down with 191 runs, it's very badly glitched and after 10 minutes or so it freezes and my system reboots.

I'm running an nvidia 7300 GS on an AMD Athalon 64 3800 system. Card is 2.5 years old and I've never had any issue from it.

Very frustrated from 2 days of not being able to game or run anything with graphics. Anyone out there have a solution?
Seems I am not the only person having issues with this driver. Two days ago my PC crashed/rebooted and when it came back up Windows(running win xp pro fyi) said it had recovered and said the cause was video driver. Well, ok so I dl and install the updated driver. I was running 187 and the new one was 191. Have never had an issue from nvidia cards or driver. Immediately upon launching any application I notice severe graphic glitches/lockups, freezing and crashing. I have tried rolling it back to the previous driver. I have tried using v190 driver. I have literally done every level 1 tech thing I know of including restoring it back to a point prior to the driver installation. Not only have none of these worked, but even returning to the 187 driver did not correct the glitches and freezes. I seem to now have a completely correct video issue. I installed the v195 beta version of this driver and while the application which was just flat out shutting down with 191 runs, it's very badly glitched and after 10 minutes or so it freezes and my system reboots.

I'm running an nvidia 7300 GS on an AMD Athalon 64 3800 system. Card is 2.5 years old and I've never had any issue from it.

Very frustrated from 2 days of not being able to game or run anything with graphics. Anyone out there have a solution?

Posted 11/06/2009 04:38 AM   
Have the same problem. After my pc was updated with the new 191.07 nvidia drivers first everything seemed ok. Then i started playing a game and got screen freeze. Couldn't do anything anymore. So I restarted pc... found a topic somewhere on a forum to install the newest beta drivers (195.something) . Everything seemed to be ok again. But after a while same problem occured. When I now restart my pc from the begining the pc starts I see strange lines now on my screen and strange signs when starting up.
Then pc restarts again. Can't log in.
I can only start pc in safe mode. Tried to rollback last updates. Did not help.

Also tried to reinstall my old drivers but same issue. Anyone who has got a solution for this problem?

Haven't seen an article yet from Nvidia telling that they know about the issue and that they are going to solve it. I find that strange cause a lot of people seem to have problems with those new drivers.

Best regards,
Lars
Have the same problem. After my pc was updated with the new 191.07 nvidia drivers first everything seemed ok. Then i started playing a game and got screen freeze. Couldn't do anything anymore. So I restarted pc... found a topic somewhere on a forum to install the newest beta drivers (195.something) . Everything seemed to be ok again. But after a while same problem occured. When I now restart my pc from the begining the pc starts I see strange lines now on my screen and strange signs when starting up.

Also tried to reinstall my old drivers but same issue. Anyone who has got a solution for this problem?

Haven't seen an article yet from Nvidia telling that they know about the issue and that they are going to solve it. I find that strange cause a lot of people seem to have problems with those new drivers.

Best regards,

Lars

Posted 11/06/2009 10:41 AM   
I'm just relieved it's not just me. currently have the beta 195 driver installed but having the same issue. wierd glitchylines and pixelization with any game or application I run.

I'm about ready to just go buy a new card today because my system is barely operable as it is now.

kat

[quote name='larzie' post='946354' date='Nov 6 2009, 04:41 AM']Have the same problem. After my pc was updated with the new 191.07 nvidia drivers first everything seemed ok. Then i started playing a game and got screen freeze. Couldn't do anything anymore. So I restarted pc... found a topic somewhere on a forum to install the newest beta drivers (195.something) . Everything seemed to be ok again. But after a while same problem occured. When I now restart my pc from the begining the pc starts I see strange lines now on my screen and strange signs when starting up.

Best regards,
Lars[/quote]
I'm just relieved it's not just me. currently have the beta 195 driver installed but having the same issue. wierd glitchylines and pixelization with any game or application I run.

I'm about ready to just go buy a new card today because my system is barely operable as it is now.

kat

[quote name='larzie' post='946354' date='Nov 6 2009, 04:41 AM']Have the same problem. After my pc was updated with the new 191.07 nvidia drivers first everything seemed ok. Then i started playing a game and got screen freeze. Couldn't do anything anymore. So I restarted pc... found a topic somewhere on a forum to install the newest beta drivers (195.something) . Everything seemed to be ok again. But after a while same problem occured. When I now restart my pc from the begining the pc starts I see strange lines now on my screen and strange signs when starting up.

Best regards,

Lars

Posted 11/06/2009 03:17 PM   
Yes I have same problem. There is a thread on the Sony Everquest II forums about it, lot of ppl having trouble with the windows XP driver release 19X.

My problem is I can't find my old 18X drivers to go back to using them. How do I reinstall my old drivers?
Yes I have same problem. There is a thread on the Sony Everquest II forums about it, lot of ppl having trouble with the windows XP driver release 19X.

My problem is I can't find my old 18X drivers to go back to using them. How do I reinstall my old drivers?

Posted 11/06/2009 03:50 PM   
download them from the archive area of the nvidia website. Uninstall the current drivers, reboot, then reinstall the older drivers. Done :)

191.07 has been stable so for on my machine.
download them from the archive area of the nvidia website. Uninstall the current drivers, reboot, then reinstall the older drivers. Done :)

191.07 has been stable so for on my machine.

Posted 11/06/2009 03:53 PM   
You guys getting the "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" thing at all?

Been getting this with every single driver available for Win7 64. But only since the Windows Update installed 191.07. The card worked with the initial driver that installed when I put in the OS (not sure which it was). But now, no matter what driver I try (from 186.18 to 195.39 currently installed), I still get this error. I've uninstalled and run driversweeper in safe mode with each and every attempt with every driver available. I've even gone as far as replacing the 64 bit Win7 drive I bought, with the original sata drive with which everything worked flawlessly for months. No joy.

Oddly enough, I installed the 195.39 driver in safe mode, and it worked (detected the card as 8800GT and installed drivers) until I rebooted into windows normally. Same error. I'm beginning to believe what many claimed over on the EVGA board, that the 191.07 driver trashed the card. The card worked flawlessly in its previous environment, and if it were physically fine, should work once returned to that environment. But it doesn't. Even in its previous environment, this error persists. Think i'm just going to RMA the card and sell the replacement.

Shame really. I've used nothing but Nvidia since my first build quite a few years back.
You guys getting the "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" thing at all?

Been getting this with every single driver available for Win7 64. But only since the Windows Update installed 191.07. The card worked with the initial driver that installed when I put in the OS (not sure which it was). But now, no matter what driver I try (from 186.18 to 195.39 currently installed), I still get this error. I've uninstalled and run driversweeper in safe mode with each and every attempt with every driver available. I've even gone as far as replacing the 64 bit Win7 drive I bought, with the original sata drive with which everything worked flawlessly for months. No joy.

Oddly enough, I installed the 195.39 driver in safe mode, and it worked (detected the card as 8800GT and installed drivers) until I rebooted into windows normally. Same error. I'm beginning to believe what many claimed over on the EVGA board, that the 191.07 driver trashed the card. The card worked flawlessly in its previous environment, and if it were physically fine, should work once returned to that environment. But it doesn't. Even in its previous environment, this error persists. Think i'm just going to RMA the card and sell the replacement.

Shame really. I've used nothing but Nvidia since my first build quite a few years back.

Posted 11/06/2009 03:55 PM   
You also have the strange glitches? Not gonna replace my grafics card just yet. I'm affraid it crashes the new one too. If the card is broken by this update i ask myself what Nvidia is going to do about it. My Geforce 8800gtx of EVGA i bought 2,5yrs ago costed me 400+ euros and it worked perfect till this wonderfull update.
You also have the strange glitches? Not gonna replace my grafics card just yet. I'm affraid it crashes the new one too. If the card is broken by this update i ask myself what Nvidia is going to do about it. My Geforce 8800gtx of EVGA i bought 2,5yrs ago costed me 400+ euros and it worked perfect till this wonderfull update.

Posted 11/06/2009 04:38 PM   
I have the exact same issue. For two weeks now, I have been unable to play any game that runs in 3d. I've tried reverting to just about any earlier driver version and even tried out the new 195 beta, but with no results at all. It's absolutely ridiculous, that Nvidia hasn't issued a single statement about this yet. A friend of mine has had the same problem, but lucky for him a single reboot is enough to get his card to function normally untill the next time he leaves his PC off for a longer period of time. He's currently trying a complete re-install (something I'm not prepared to do right now) to see if he can get rid of this "cancer-driver".

Really hope that Nvidia comes up with a solution soon.
I have the exact same issue. For two weeks now, I have been unable to play any game that runs in 3d. I've tried reverting to just about any earlier driver version and even tried out the new 195 beta, but with no results at all. It's absolutely ridiculous, that Nvidia hasn't issued a single statement about this yet. A friend of mine has had the same problem, but lucky for him a single reboot is enough to get his card to function normally untill the next time he leaves his PC off for a longer period of time. He's currently trying a complete re-install (something I'm not prepared to do right now) to see if he can get rid of this "cancer-driver".

Posted 11/06/2009 04:54 PM   
I had an even worse experience. After upgrading, loaded up a game, and it crashed within about 30 seconds. Complete freeze and the audio stuttering the last second or two over and over. I couldn't even ctrl-alt-del, I had to power off.

Well, it corrupted my windows boot.
The repair prompt didn't work, but thankfully the system restore from the Win7 DVD did work.
Before reverting to the old drivers, the system log had a ton of errors for NVSTOR64 as well.

The sad part is that this is the second time it's happened. The first time was a month ago, I upgraded and then tried to play AION online. I assumed it was the game having problems with the driver, so after fixing the system I just kept the 185 drivers.

Since my Aion account expired, I assumed it was safe to upgrade last night. Then it crashed the Left 4 Dead 2 demo the same way. ARGH!!! Wish I would have found these posts last month!

Win 7 64-bit
EVGA 780i
BFG Geforce 9800GTX
I had an even worse experience. After upgrading, loaded up a game, and it crashed within about 30 seconds. Complete freeze and the audio stuttering the last second or two over and over. I couldn't even ctrl-alt-del, I had to power off.

Well, it corrupted my windows boot.

The repair prompt didn't work, but thankfully the system restore from the Win7 DVD did work.

Before reverting to the old drivers, the system log had a ton of errors for NVSTOR64 as well.

The sad part is that this is the second time it's happened. The first time was a month ago, I upgraded and then tried to play AION online. I assumed it was the game having problems with the driver, so after fixing the system I just kept the 185 drivers.

Since my Aion account expired, I assumed it was safe to upgrade last night. Then it crashed the Left 4 Dead 2 demo the same way. ARGH!!! Wish I would have found these posts last month!

Win 7 64-bit

EVGA 780i

BFG Geforce 9800GTX

Posted 11/06/2009 05:28 PM   
[quote name='lawnmowerdeth' post='946553' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:28 PM']Since my Aion account expired, I assumed it was safe to upgrade last night. Then it crashed the Left 4 Dead 2 demo the same way. ARGH!!! Wish I would have found these posts last month![/quote]

I feel exactly the same. How Nvidia could actually release this is beyond me.
[quote name='lawnmowerdeth' post='946553' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:28 PM']Since my Aion account expired, I assumed it was safe to upgrade last night. Then it crashed the Left 4 Dead 2 demo the same way. ARGH!!! Wish I would have found these posts last month!

I feel exactly the same. How Nvidia could actually release this is beyond me.

Posted 11/06/2009 05:39 PM   
I'm having the same issue with all the available drivers for my Video card..

PNY GeForce GT220

Every time I play a game such as Fallout 3, Oblivion, DMC4 etc. The computer completely restarts and I even went back to older drivers and the issue still occurred.
I'm having the same issue with all the available drivers for my Video card..

PNY GeForce GT220

Every time I play a game such as Fallout 3, Oblivion, DMC4 etc. The computer completely restarts and I even went back to older drivers and the issue still occurred.

Posted 11/06/2009 07:01 PM   
[quote name='Finkeren' post='946529' date='Nov 6 2009, 05:54 PM']I have the exact same issue. For two weeks now, I have been unable to play any game that runs in 3d. I've tried reverting to just about any earlier driver version and even tried out the new 195 beta, but with no results at all. It's absolutely ridiculous, that Nvidia hasn't issued a single statement about this yet. A friend of mine has had the same problem, but lucky for him a single reboot is enough to get his card to function normally untill the next time he leaves his PC off for a longer period of time. He's currently trying a complete re-install (something I'm not prepared to do right now) to see if he can get rid of this "cancer-driver".

Really hope that Nvidia comes up with a solution soon.[/quote]

Thought the same thing about the press release. Just ridiculous cause now even more people their computers get 'infected' by this 'nvidia-failure'. Not even one reaction from them. Very disappointing.
[quote name='Finkeren' post='946529' date='Nov 6 2009, 05:54 PM']I have the exact same issue. For two weeks now, I have been unable to play any game that runs in 3d. I've tried reverting to just about any earlier driver version and even tried out the new 195 beta, but with no results at all. It's absolutely ridiculous, that Nvidia hasn't issued a single statement about this yet. A friend of mine has had the same problem, but lucky for him a single reboot is enough to get his card to function normally untill the next time he leaves his PC off for a longer period of time. He's currently trying a complete re-install (something I'm not prepared to do right now) to see if he can get rid of this "cancer-driver".

Thought the same thing about the press release. Just ridiculous cause now even more people their computers get 'infected' by this 'nvidia-failure'. Not even one reaction from them. Very disappointing.

Posted 11/06/2009 07:11 PM   
Mine won't run even with a restore back to v187. I am getting the same graphic issues regardless of what driver installed after the initial installation of 191.07. I just bought a new card. We'll see if it runs. *crosses fingers*
Mine won't run even with a restore back to v187. I am getting the same graphic issues regardless of what driver installed after the initial installation of 191.07. I just bought a new card. We'll see if it runs. *crosses fingers*

Posted 11/06/2009 10:29 PM   
Please tell if it worked for you with the new graphics card or that the nvidia drivers screw that one up too.
Somebody tried reinstalling windows yet?

I tried to delete display drivers with "Driver Sweeper 2.05" from Guru3D and reinstall the old working drivers. But that also did not fix the problem.

Also someone tell if Nvidia posts a press release about this issue and how to solve it.

Thanx in advance...
Please tell if it worked for you with the new graphics card or that the nvidia drivers screw that one up too.

Somebody tried reinstalling windows yet?

I tried to delete display drivers with "Driver Sweeper 2.05" from Guru3D and reinstall the old working drivers. But that also did not fix the problem.

Also someone tell if Nvidia posts a press release about this issue and how to solve it.

Thanx in advance...

Posted 11/06/2009 10:48 PM   
Finally got everything restored back to normal, and it appears everything is still working.

Luckily it didn't kill the card! Actually got to play the Left 4 Dead 2 demo this time, and no crashing.
Finally got everything restored back to normal, and it appears everything is still working.

Luckily it didn't kill the card! Actually got to play the Left 4 Dead 2 demo this time, and no crashing.

Posted 11/07/2009 12:50 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top