Aion random crashes
Ive been playing Aion and having problems with the game crashing randomly.

One of these things may happen.
1. it will either start artifacting, show color blotches on screen
2. Game Freezes, and can only move mouse, have to Ctrl+alt+Delete, when i return to game it shows a black sreen, and i get a message that says "Display Driver nvddlmkm has stopped working but sucesfully recovered."
3. Or my comp completely freezes, loops the same sound rapidly over and over, and wont let me ctrl+alt+delete my comp completely crashes. When this happens i have to do a hard reboot, holding down power button till it shuts down and boot up again.

Minor problems while playing the game
1. Sometimes screen flashes black, and gameplay resumes.
2. game freezes for about 1-2minute(s), screen goes black, and doesnt let me do anything, but i can still hear the game, then it resumes, displaying the message "Display Driver nvddlmkm has stopped working but sucesfully recovered."

Ive tried many things but it just seems like it wont work, sometimes I can play Aion for a good 1 or 2 hours with no problems, on rare occasion i can play 4 hours straight, other times cant play 15 minutes without something like this happening. I also have all up to date drivers, tried using both Nvidia and Vista Drivers, and also tried disabling vista Drivers, and only installing the Nvidia Driver, Didnt do anything. My gpu's temp doesnt go over 64C while playing the game on high settings so im pretty sure its not a heating problem, although i went ahead and ordered a Cooler incase if that is the problem. I've also disabled the physx to see if that was causing a problem that didnt do anything either.
If anyone can help me with this problem I would really appreciate it.

I have a gateway laptop fx P-7805u,
Nvidia GEFORCE 9800M GTS CUDA 1GB,
intel core 2 DUO 2.26 and 2.27ghz,
Laptop has a 17' display, I play Aion on 1440x900, don't know if that info is needed.
4 gigs of ram DDR3
Ive been playing Aion and having problems with the game crashing randomly.

2. Game Freezes, and can only move mouse, have to Ctrl+alt+Delete, when i return to game it shows a black sreen, and i get a message that says "Display Driver nvddlmkm has stopped working but sucesfully recovered."

3. Or my comp completely freezes, loops the same sound rapidly over and over, and wont let me ctrl+alt+delete my comp completely crashes. When this happens i have to do a hard reboot, holding down power button till it shuts down and boot up again.

2. game freezes for about 1-2minute(s), screen goes black, and doesnt let me do anything, but i can still hear the game, then it resumes, displaying the message "Display Driver nvddlmkm has stopped working but sucesfully recovered."

Ive tried many things but it just seems like it wont work, sometimes I can play Aion for a good 1 or 2 hours with no problems, on rare occasion i can play 4 hours straight, other times cant play 15 minutes without something like this happening. I also have all up to date drivers, tried using both Nvidia and Vista Drivers, and also tried disabling vista Drivers, and only installing the Nvidia Driver, Didnt do anything. My gpu's temp doesnt go over 64C while playing the game on high settings so im pretty sure its not a heating problem, although i went ahead and ordered a Cooler incase if that is the problem. I've also disabled the physx to see if that was causing a problem that didnt do anything either.

Laptop has a 17' display, I play Aion on 1440x900, don't know if that info is needed.

4 gigs of ram DDR3

Gateway FX P-7805u
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
Intel Core Duo Processor P8400 (2.26ghz,1066mhz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache)
4096MB 1066MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Memory (2-2048MB modules)
320GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
Chassis with NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GTS
Graphics with 1GB of GDDR3

Posted 11/04/2009 04:00 AM   
Same thing is happening here. I advise you to quit the game immediately when you see the "artifacting" happening, because it has apparently spread to other games, meaning that Aion has damaged my graphics card. ive posted forums on Aions website too, and havent got any kind of feedback. i hope nvidia can help. Here is some Screen shots of Aion:

[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/shady088/Aion0010.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/shady088/Aion0005.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/shady088/Aion0013.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Ethdragon' post='944906' date='Nov 4 2009, 05:00 AM']Ive been playing Aion and having problems with the game crashing randomly.

4 gigs of ram DDR3[/quote]
Same thing is happening here. I advise you to quit the game immediately when you see the "artifacting" happening, because it has apparently spread to other games, meaning that Aion has damaged my graphics card. ive posted forums on Aions website too, and havent got any kind of feedback. i hope nvidia can help. Here is some Screen shots of Aion:

[quote name='Ethdragon' post='944906' date='Nov 4 2009, 05:00 AM']Ive been playing Aion and having problems with the game crashing randomly.

4 gigs of ram DDR3

Posted 11/25/2009 08:03 PM   
I have GeForce 8600 GT. At times a message appears on the Quickbar that the drivers have shut down. I saw it after a few crashes occurred and it lingered there in the Quick start bar after I shut down the web page by plinking at the scrambled image until I got lucky and it closed. The little (!) stayed in the Quick Start Bar until I moused over it when my connection gets scrambled.

As I mouse over the icon it disappears and the message appears that the drivers stopped and have been restarted. Even so; after I restored the game window by Alt+Tab the game image was still messed up and I had to do a complete reboot to get back online. My Actiontec701GT was somehow wiped out so I had to push the refresh button and reinstate all the Qwest DSL data including the username and password just to get back on the Internet, not to mention the AION Lumiel Server.

I shut down the game after playing for two hours this afternoon and the little triangular icon was waiting there patiently. And again, the drivers were restored as soon as I closed the Aion online connection. I found a :ph34r: Problem Report that Vista Ultimate collected :ph34r: and sent in automatically on AION. I am waiting for an answer. Aion is apparently part of the problem and may be causing the video card/s problems. I wait to see what :ph34r: Vista :ninja: caught AION messing up. Today is: November 27, 2009; Black Friday.

Since my DSL modem was affected I also have been shutting it off and rebooting it so it gets a fresh DNS from the Internet source to see if that helps too.

Click on the Image to ENLARGE the Problem Report...

[attachment=14860:Problem_...for_AION.PNG]
I have GeForce 8600 GT. At times a message appears on the Quickbar that the drivers have shut down. I saw it after a few crashes occurred and it lingered there in the Quick start bar after I shut down the web page by plinking at the scrambled image until I got lucky and it closed. The little (!) stayed in the Quick Start Bar until I moused over it when my connection gets scrambled.

As I mouse over the icon it disappears and the message appears that the drivers stopped and have been restarted. Even so; after I restored the game window by Alt+Tab the game image was still messed up and I had to do a complete reboot to get back online. My Actiontec701GT was somehow wiped out so I had to push the refresh button and reinstate all the Qwest DSL data including the username and password just to get back on the Internet, not to mention the AION Lumiel Server.

I shut down the game after playing for two hours this afternoon and the little triangular icon was waiting there patiently. And again, the drivers were restored as soon as I closed the Aion online connection. I found a :ph34r: Problem Report that Vista Ultimate collected :ph34r: and sent in automatically on AION. I am waiting for an answer. Aion is apparently part of the problem and may be causing the video card/s problems. I wait to see what :ph34r: Vista :ninja: caught AION messing up. Today is: November 27, 2009; Black Friday.

Since my DSL modem was affected I also have been shutting it off and rebooting it so it gets a fresh DNS from the Internet source to see if that helps too.

Click on the Image to ENLARGE the Problem Report...

[attachment=14860:Problem_...for_AION.PNG]

Posted 11/28/2009 06:34 AM   
Have been playiong aion fine with no problems for 3 months, last week i upgraded to windows 7 and again the game still played fine. However 3 days ago i updated the drivers on my 9600gt and thats when the problems started. I've got the same screen images as posted above along with black screens and more often than not my system crashes completely and restarts. Also if just close the game i sometimes also have discouloured pixels on my desktop. This is the error message i get "windows kernel mode driver version 195.62. Stopped responding and has successfully recovered". Have read all the posts on the forums regarding Aion and so far it seems like no one has any answers. I'm just hoping that the problem isn't that Aion has somehow corrupted my graphics card and i have to buy a new one as mentioned in one post. lets hope someone out there has some answers and posts a reply soon
Have been playiong aion fine with no problems for 3 months, last week i upgraded to windows 7 and again the game still played fine. However 3 days ago i updated the drivers on my 9600gt and thats when the problems started. I've got the same screen images as posted above along with black screens and more often than not my system crashes completely and restarts. Also if just close the game i sometimes also have discouloured pixels on my desktop. This is the error message i get "windows kernel mode driver version 195.62. Stopped responding and has successfully recovered". Have read all the posts on the forums regarding Aion and so far it seems like no one has any answers. I'm just hoping that the problem isn't that Aion has somehow corrupted my graphics card and i have to buy a new one as mentioned in one post. lets hope someone out there has some answers and posts a reply soon

Posted 12/31/2009 03:16 PM   
[quote name='burton32uk' post='973211' date='Dec 31 2009, 09:16 AM']Have been playiong aion fine with no problems for 3 months, last week i upgraded to windows 7 and again the game still played fine. However 3 days ago i updated the drivers on my 9600gt and thats when the problems started. I've got the same screen images as posted above along with black screens and more often than not my system crashes completely and restarts. Also if just close the game i sometimes also have discouloured pixels on my desktop. This is the error message i get "windows kernel mode driver version 195.62. Stopped responding and has successfully recovered". Have read all the posts on the forums regarding Aion and so far it seems like no one has any answers. I'm just hoping that the problem isn't that Aion has somehow corrupted my graphics card and i have to buy a new one as mentioned in one post. lets hope someone out there has some answers and posts a reply soon[/quote]

I also have a 9600gt and been having problems lately.

First off im running ....
p5bse mobo, 4 gb ram, q6600 quadcore, 9600gt, vista 64 ultimate...

Ive been playing Aion since it launched in the US and didnt have any problems till recentlly.
I dont know if the problem is from a recent Aion patch or from updateing nvidia drivers.

For 2-3 months after release I NEVER had a single problem. About a month ago I installed newest nvidia drivers for my 9600gt vid card and then started getting graphic glitches like the pics above and aion would crash and my vid card drivers would fail then recover - this would happen everytime I played longer than an hour or so.

I then used driversweeper in safe mode and removed nvidia drivers and installed the previous release.

This fixed the problem with aion crashing.

I would very randomly have complete system crashes once or twice a month playing aion- but it got worse and started getting the system freezes daily. The past few days my pc freezes or restarts several times a day while playing aion so I figured id try the newest drivers again.

I installed the newest drivers and they been working good- i dont have any graphical glitches or game crashes but still get the system freezes/restarts when playing aion- Its driving me nuts- I played the game since release and have a 46 templar and several alts that i spent alot of time leveling. I can play for several hours usually before my pc crashes but it always crashes if i play 2-3 hours or more.

Dont know what to do now- NCsoft doesnt help and dont get much of answers on there forum.
[quote name='burton32uk' post='973211' date='Dec 31 2009, 09:16 AM']Have been playiong aion fine with no problems for 3 months, last week i upgraded to windows 7 and again the game still played fine. However 3 days ago i updated the drivers on my 9600gt and thats when the problems started. I've got the same screen images as posted above along with black screens and more often than not my system crashes completely and restarts. Also if just close the game i sometimes also have discouloured pixels on my desktop. This is the error message i get "windows kernel mode driver version 195.62. Stopped responding and has successfully recovered". Have read all the posts on the forums regarding Aion and so far it seems like no one has any answers. I'm just hoping that the problem isn't that Aion has somehow corrupted my graphics card and i have to buy a new one as mentioned in one post. lets hope someone out there has some answers and posts a reply soon

I also have a 9600gt and been having problems lately.

First off im running ....

p5bse mobo, 4 gb ram, q6600 quadcore, 9600gt, vista 64 ultimate...

Ive been playing Aion since it launched in the US and didnt have any problems till recentlly.

I dont know if the problem is from a recent Aion patch or from updateing nvidia drivers.

For 2-3 months after release I NEVER had a single problem. About a month ago I installed newest nvidia drivers for my 9600gt vid card and then started getting graphic glitches like the pics above and aion would crash and my vid card drivers would fail then recover - this would happen everytime I played longer than an hour or so.

I then used driversweeper in safe mode and removed nvidia drivers and installed the previous release.

This fixed the problem with aion crashing.

I would very randomly have complete system crashes once or twice a month playing aion- but it got worse and started getting the system freezes daily. The past few days my pc freezes or restarts several times a day while playing aion so I figured id try the newest drivers again.

I installed the newest drivers and they been working good- i dont have any graphical glitches or game crashes but still get the system freezes/restarts when playing aion- Its driving me nuts- I played the game since release and have a 46 templar and several alts that i spent alot of time leveling. I can play for several hours usually before my pc crashes but it always crashes if i play 2-3 hours or more.

Dont know what to do now- NCsoft doesnt help and dont get much of answers on there forum.

Posted 01/25/2010 03:05 AM   
Scroll To Top