Span games over multiple monitors Discussion on how to span a game over multiple screens with SLI
Hi everybody. If this post has been answered before, please accept my sincere appologies for duplicating the question. I tried to find an answer but to no avail.

Recently, ATI have relased the 5000 series graphics cards with Eyefinity. The one claim to fame on those cards are the fact that they work with a single large surface area. Thus games etc all see the resolution of all the monitors added together instead of just the main / single monitor.

It has been one of my frustrations with SLI (I have 2x24" monitors) that I am unable to span my game (be it whatever game) across multiple monitors. I am curious to find out if NVidia have released a fix for this, if it is in the pipe lines, or if it was implemented several months ago and I am still behind the time.

Refer to the following website, for a demonstration of what it is that I want to do,
[url="http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-hd-5870,review-31685.html"]http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-hd-58...view-31685.html[/url]

Anybody have any suggestions / solutions / workarounds?

Kind regards
Skouperd
Hi everybody. If this post has been answered before, please accept my sincere appologies for duplicating the question. I tried to find an answer but to no avail.

Recently, ATI have relased the 5000 series graphics cards with Eyefinity. The one claim to fame on those cards are the fact that they work with a single large surface area. Thus games etc all see the resolution of all the monitors added together instead of just the main / single monitor.

It has been one of my frustrations with SLI (I have 2x24" monitors) that I am unable to span my game (be it whatever game) across multiple monitors. I am curious to find out if NVidia have released a fix for this, if it is in the pipe lines, or if it was implemented several months ago and I am still behind the time.

Refer to the following website, for a demonstration of what it is that I want to do,

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-hd-58...view-31685.html

Anybody have any suggestions / solutions / workarounds?

Kind regards

Skouperd

Posted 10/08/2009 01:47 PM   
No, you cannot unless the game supports in-game multi-monitor spanning, like flight sim.

As for plans, there has been no official word, so anything you hear is all speculation.

The only walkaround solution is, if you purchase a Matrox TH2Go box.
No, you cannot unless the game supports in-game multi-monitor spanning, like flight sim.

As for plans, there has been no official word, so anything you hear is all speculation.

eVGA Z68 SLI | Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i
8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 | OCZ ZX 1000W
OCZ Agility3 120 GB SSD + SanDisk Ultra 120GB SSD
Samsung UN55D6000 + Samsung T240
Win8 Pro x64 / WEI - 8.0 - 8.0 - 8.1 - 8.1 - 7.8
3DMark11 - P7545 / Vantage (PPU disabled) - P28859
F@H Team: 142900

Posted 10/08/2009 02:27 PM   
[quote name='bLuDrGn' post='336700' date='Oct 8 2009, 02:27 PM']No, you cannot unless the game supports in-game multi-monitor spanning, like flight sim.

The only walkaround solution is, if you purchase a Matrox TH2Go box.[/quote]

I've been an NVidia fan since the launch of the 6 series and purchased nothing else since. However Eyefinity from ATI may just swing my vote on my next purchase. I really do hope NVidia come to the party and launch something very similiar, a great win will be if it is backwards compatible to my graphics cards as well (8800GTX).

I had a look at the Matrox product you propose, and they do look promissing, however you are restricted to a maximum of 2 monitors unless you opt for the triple version but then you are restricted by resultion / monitor.

Adios
Skouperd
[quote name='bLuDrGn' post='336700' date='Oct 8 2009, 02:27 PM']No, you cannot unless the game supports in-game multi-monitor spanning, like flight sim.

I've been an NVidia fan since the launch of the 6 series and purchased nothing else since. However Eyefinity from ATI may just swing my vote on my next purchase. I really do hope NVidia come to the party and launch something very similiar, a great win will be if it is backwards compatible to my graphics cards as well (8800GTX).

I had a look at the Matrox product you propose, and they do look promissing, however you are restricted to a maximum of 2 monitors unless you opt for the triple version but then you are restricted by resultion / monitor.

Adios

Skouperd

Posted 10/08/2009 02:54 PM   
Scroll To Top