FINALLY ..played through Crysis Dx10 all very high settings.
  1 / 3    
Well all i can say is WOW!! It took me almost 14 hours to complete the game though in 2 7 hour sittings. LOL

This new system handled Crysis at all high settings on dx10 like a champ at average 50-60 fps. The game was amazing and looked stunning. At the end on the Carrier and the final boss battle my fps rate went choppy but there was a lot going on to render and it only last for a few seconds.

I have been hearing of a few mods i am interested in trying and was wondering if anyone has experience with them..

One is the Real lifesis mod and some high resolution textures you can download.

I am definitely going to play through this game again , just because their are so many ways you can play the game i want to explore more of the environment.
Well all i can say is WOW!! It took me almost 14 hours to complete the game though in 2 7 hour sittings. LOL

This new system handled Crysis at all high settings on dx10 like a champ at average 50-60 fps. The game was amazing and looked stunning. At the end on the Carrier and the final boss battle my fps rate went choppy but there was a lot going on to render and it only last for a few seconds.

I have been hearing of a few mods i am interested in trying and was wondering if anyone has experience with them..

I am definitely going to play through this game again , just because their are so many ways you can play the game i want to explore more of the environment.

Posted 09/08/2009 01:08 PM   
[quote name='{CuF}crazycanuck' post='329698' date='Sep 8 2009, 02:08 PM']Well all i can say is WOW!! It took me almost 14 hours to complete the game though in 2 7 hour sittings. LOL

I am definitely going to play through this game again , just because their are so many ways you can play the game i want to explore more of the environment.[/quote]

You can see why I sat 2 years ago dribbling about Crysis and why I get so annoyed at so many games not looking half as good oin the PC. The normal comments from most users here (2 years ago) were DX9 looks as good and very high isn't all that special (mainly from people running pre 8800's moaning they needed a new GPU.

Now go do Warhead ;)
[quote name='{CuF}crazycanuck' post='329698' date='Sep 8 2009, 02:08 PM']Well all i can say is WOW!! It took me almost 14 hours to complete the game though in 2 7 hour sittings. LOL

You can see why I sat 2 years ago dribbling about Crysis and why I get so annoyed at so many games not looking half as good oin the PC. The normal comments from most users here (2 years ago) were DX9 looks as good and very high isn't all that special (mainly from people running pre 8800's moaning they needed a new GPU.

Now go do Warhead ;)

3D RIG:I7 2600k 4.9 Ghz, P8P67 PRO, Fort02 SE, MSi GTX 680 2GB, 4GB DDR3, 60GB Vertex 2E SSD (W7 64 Boot) OCZ Revo 2 x2 PCIE SSD 240 GB, G930 7.1.

2D: MSi 6970 2GB-QX9650-160GB SSD-TJ109. DISPLAYS:2D 120" 21:9 100HZ DLP 0.1MS, 3D 50" 400HZ Passive 0.5 MS 3D LED - 24" 120HZ 2MS Active N3D LCD, all 1080p

Posted 09/08/2009 02:03 PM   
[quote name='dirtylarryuk' post='329706' date='Sep 8 2009, 03:03 PM']You can see why I sat 2 years ago dribbling about Crysis and why I get so annoyed at so many games not looking half as good oin the PC.[/quote]

+1

I also had to monster through Crysis again after my latest upgrade, and I have to agree with you Crazy it does look awesome. High hopes for Crysis 2, although I really hope it doesn't look like Warhead which was a big step back from the eye candy of Vanilla Crysis in my humble opinion.

I did start on Warhead pretty much straight after I finished Vanilla, obviously I pumped all the settings up to max as I thought my rig would be able to cope easily after getting such good results from Vanilla. But I started getting alot of lag, and freezes that lasted up to 4 or 5 secs. I know Crysis doesn't like a big OC so it could be that, maybe I didn't patch it right or perhaps it would be better with hyper threading off, I have to do some more testing I supose.

Anyway, I digress.

Good job Crazy :happy: .
[quote name='dirtylarryuk' post='329706' date='Sep 8 2009, 03:03 PM']You can see why I sat 2 years ago dribbling about Crysis and why I get so annoyed at so many games not looking half as good oin the PC.

+1

I also had to monster through Crysis again after my latest upgrade, and I have to agree with you Crazy it does look awesome. High hopes for Crysis 2, although I really hope it doesn't look like Warhead which was a big step back from the eye candy of Vanilla Crysis in my humble opinion.

I did start on Warhead pretty much straight after I finished Vanilla, obviously I pumped all the settings up to max as I thought my rig would be able to cope easily after getting such good results from Vanilla. But I started getting alot of lag, and freezes that lasted up to 4 or 5 secs. I know Crysis doesn't like a big OC so it could be that, maybe I didn't patch it right or perhaps it would be better with hyper threading off, I have to do some more testing I supose.

Anyway, I digress.

Good job Crazy :happy: .

Posted 09/08/2009 02:23 PM   
Well any game that can hold my attention for 7 hours at a stretch has got to be good, i bought the game last spring and never played it until i got a new system built. I have a 10 day Vacation starting October 2nd and i plan on beating through the game again and Warhead. This game definitely qualifies as an Epic single player game, the story is extensive , the re-playability is beyond anything i have seen..(sorry to say but including bioshock) only IMO due to the fact of the open terrain design of the game and the multiple routes you can take to get to almost any point on the map. Mind you i found a few times the AI was as dumb as a bag of hammers,,walked up behind one..uncloaked...choked him and tossed his scraggly body and the other one did nothing..so he got the same treatment..lol.Except i used him for a punching bag for giggles for a bit.

I have to admit..i was one of the dx10 naysayers myself for a while..but after experiencing dx10 on max settings...the game had a richness about the graphics dx9 can't touch and it definitely made the whole experience much more enjoyable.

Anyone been using any of the mods i mentioned?? real Lifesis mod and the high resolution texture packs?
Well any game that can hold my attention for 7 hours at a stretch has got to be good, i bought the game last spring and never played it until i got a new system built. I have a 10 day Vacation starting October 2nd and i plan on beating through the game again and Warhead. This game definitely qualifies as an Epic single player game, the story is extensive , the re-playability is beyond anything i have seen..(sorry to say but including bioshock) only IMO due to the fact of the open terrain design of the game and the multiple routes you can take to get to almost any point on the map. Mind you i found a few times the AI was as dumb as a bag of hammers,,walked up behind one..uncloaked...choked him and tossed his scraggly body and the other one did nothing..so he got the same treatment..lol.Except i used him for a punching bag for giggles for a bit.

I have to admit..i was one of the dx10 naysayers myself for a while..but after experiencing dx10 on max settings...the game had a richness about the graphics dx9 can't touch and it definitely made the whole experience much more enjoyable.

Anyone been using any of the mods i mentioned?? real Lifesis mod and the high resolution texture packs?

Posted 09/08/2009 04:54 PM   
[quote name='{CuF}crazycanuck' post='329698' date='Sep 8 2009, 09:08 AM']Well all i can say is WOW!! It took me almost 14 hours to complete the game though in 2 7 hour sittings. LOL

I am definitely going to play through this game again , just because their are so many ways you can play the game i want to explore more of the environment.[/quote]
You might like to check this site out......

[url="http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?sid=814ea48dbb952191fd415303b43193c1"]http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?sid=814...d415303b43193c1[/url]
[quote name='{CuF}crazycanuck' post='329698' date='Sep 8 2009, 09:08 AM']Well all i can say is WOW!! It took me almost 14 hours to complete the game though in 2 7 hour sittings. LOL

You might like to check this site out......

http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?sid=814...d415303b43193c1

Posted 09/08/2009 05:15 PM   
[quote name='SHARKMEAT' post='329721' date='Sep 8 2009, 12:15 PM']You might like to check this site out......

[url="http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?sid=814ea48dbb952191fd415303b43193c1"]http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?sid=814...d415303b43193c1[/url][/quote]

SCHWEET!!! Thanks for the link Sharky!! :biggrin:

Just what the doctor ordered!
[quote name='SHARKMEAT' post='329721' date='Sep 8 2009, 12:15 PM']You might like to check this site out......

http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?sid=814...d415303b43193c1

SCHWEET!!! Thanks for the link Sharky!! :biggrin:

Just what the doctor ordered!

Posted 09/08/2009 05:32 PM   
Crysis DX10 Very high is a whole cut above DX9. Having completed this game a while back I still recall the adrenaline and calm resolve of my mindset upon completion of it. I was exhilerated...buzzing and wanting more.
Very awesome game, trully immersive. There are some many small details in the game and combined with the sound, especially when your running through the undergrowth, really makes you feel routed in your game. Although we didnt see Nomad, i thought it was more realistic to be honest. You never left the FP perspective realy.

I liked how at the start Jester's face is in close when he asks us if we're stil with him. The faces and expressions are top notch, even now I cant think of game that has better looking faces. I zoomed in close on Pychos face and was shocked with the level of detail in it. And in DX10 the ground is 3D, the sunlight looks real, its truely a buetiful game.

Guys thanks for posting this and reminding me of an experience Id forgotten id had.

P.S Warhead is equaly as good. At the end it really kicks off and its great fun...my adrenaline runs and I enter a calm...fingers flow and bullets go where I send them. Lovely gubly thanku very much sir
As always though your left with this thirst in your mouth, like drinking coke on a hot day, ice cold and its like aaaahhhhh...but within secs your thirsty again. There its like coke, addictive lol

I fooled around with the editor some, thinking of rambo films and stuff to make a rescue on a POW camp, heavily defended and stuff. Really liked bare fist bashing buildings (shacks) and blasting trees...chopped a tree on which someone was pissing and it fell on his head lol, took him out.

Lets not forget crazy physics and super sharp chopper gunners though. And amazing water thats almost real, reflecting refracting light in a 3d motion, an ocean that feels deep and vast till the gunships blow you out the water or the sharks have lunch.

As much as I loved these games, i felt that one additional element (or two counting day night cycles so you can have full control on the type of assault/offensive you want to undertake) would have topped it...animals, like leopard and snakes and stuff, and tropical birds for your eyes...and preds like leopards that attack you and the ai...that would have been cool.

Now be honest boys and girls...which amongst us picked up the turtle on the first beach, the night of our botched landing, and decided to throw it it???.....be honest now.... Lol I had to do it....I know its cruel, and the chickens...i took out a whole flock of gulls too...now you got me started lol.
Crysis DX10 Very high is a whole cut above DX9. Having completed this game a while back I still recall the adrenaline and calm resolve of my mindset upon completion of it. I was exhilerated...buzzing and wanting more.

Very awesome game, trully immersive. There are some many small details in the game and combined with the sound, especially when your running through the undergrowth, really makes you feel routed in your game. Although we didnt see Nomad, i thought it was more realistic to be honest. You never left the FP perspective realy.

I liked how at the start Jester's face is in close when he asks us if we're stil with him. The faces and expressions are top notch, even now I cant think of game that has better looking faces. I zoomed in close on Pychos face and was shocked with the level of detail in it. And in DX10 the ground is 3D, the sunlight looks real, its truely a buetiful game.

Guys thanks for posting this and reminding me of an experience Id forgotten id had.

P.S Warhead is equaly as good. At the end it really kicks off and its great fun...my adrenaline runs and I enter a calm...fingers flow and bullets go where I send them. Lovely gubly thanku very much sir

As always though your left with this thirst in your mouth, like drinking coke on a hot day, ice cold and its like aaaahhhhh...but within secs your thirsty again. There its like coke, addictive lol

I fooled around with the editor some, thinking of rambo films and stuff to make a rescue on a POW camp, heavily defended and stuff. Really liked bare fist bashing buildings (shacks) and blasting trees...chopped a tree on which someone was pissing and it fell on his head lol, took him out.

Lets not forget crazy physics and super sharp chopper gunners though. And amazing water thats almost real, reflecting refracting light in a 3d motion, an ocean that feels deep and vast till the gunships blow you out the water or the sharks have lunch.

As much as I loved these games, i felt that one additional element (or two counting day night cycles so you can have full control on the type of assault/offensive you want to undertake) would have topped it...animals, like leopard and snakes and stuff, and tropical birds for your eyes...and preds like leopards that attack you and the ai...that would have been cool.

Now be honest boys and girls...which amongst us picked up the turtle on the first beach, the night of our botched landing, and decided to throw it it???.....be honest now.... Lol I had to do it....I know its cruel, and the chickens...i took out a whole flock of gulls too...now you got me started lol.

Posted 09/08/2009 08:10 PM   
[quote name='Taz Rose' post='329741' date='Sep 8 2009, 03:10 PM']Now be honest boys and girls...which amongst us picked up the turtle on the first beach, the night of our botched landing, and decided to throw it it???.....be honest now.... Lol I had to do it....I know its cruel, and the chickens...i took out a whole flock of gulls too...now you got me started lol. Or holster weapons, bare fists, power mode, smash some shacks..loved it!!
Chow[/quote]

:blush: ok, ok, OK...I'M GUILTY !!!! :crying: i PICKED UP THE TURTLE!! not once, not twice but /omg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':omg:' /> 3 times and tossed his butt. I shot up some chickens..ok lots of chickens /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' /> .... and even offed a number of frogs with my pistol. But i must say, grabbing the neck of one of the Koreans and using him like my personal punching bag was quite therapeutic.

I have blackout curtains on my home office windows...so even in the middle of the day i can blackout my game room and play..something about no distractons but a 24 inch hdmi screen 18-20 inches away from your face to completely make you lose time..add the beauty of the graphics in and its almost time for a cold shower and a smoke..lol.
[quote name='Taz Rose' post='329741' date='Sep 8 2009, 03:10 PM']Now be honest boys and girls...which amongst us picked up the turtle on the first beach, the night of our botched landing, and decided to throw it it???.....be honest now.... Lol I had to do it....I know its cruel, and the chickens...i took out a whole flock of gulls too...now you got me started lol. Or holster weapons, bare fists, power mode, smash some shacks..loved it!!

Chow

:blush: ok, ok, OK...I'M GUILTY !!!! :crying: i PICKED UP THE TURTLE!! not once, not twice but /omg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':omg:' /> 3 times and tossed his butt. I shot up some chickens..ok lots of chickens /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' /> .... and even offed a number of frogs with my pistol. But i must say, grabbing the neck of one of the Koreans and using him like my personal punching bag was quite therapeutic.

I have blackout curtains on my home office windows...so even in the middle of the day i can blackout my game room and play..something about no distractons but a 24 inch hdmi screen 18-20 inches away from your face to completely make you lose time..add the beauty of the graphics in and its almost time for a cold shower and a smoke..lol.

Posted 09/08/2009 08:22 PM   
[quote name='{CuF}crazycanuck' post='329745' date='Sep 8 2009, 03:22 PM']I have blackout curtains on my home office windows...so even in the middle of the day i can blackout my game room and play..something about no distractons but a 24 inch hdmi screen 18-20 inches away from your face to completely make you lose time..add the beauty of the graphics in and its almost time for a cold shower and a smoke..lol.[/quote]
ok man thats pretty cool... man this brought me back, i myself played crysis like 3 times at least, and warhead twice. awesome games!
[quote name='{CuF}crazycanuck' post='329745' date='Sep 8 2009, 03:22 PM']I have blackout curtains on my home office windows...so even in the middle of the day i can blackout my game room and play..something about no distractons but a 24 inch hdmi screen 18-20 inches away from your face to completely make you lose time..add the beauty of the graphics in and its almost time for a cold shower and a smoke..lol.

ok man thats pretty cool... man this brought me back, i myself played crysis like 3 times at least, and warhead twice. awesome games!

CoolerMaster 750W PSU
MSI P67A-GD80 latest BIOS
i5 2500k Sandy Stock
8gb G.Skill Sniper @ 1600 stock
EVGA GTX 760 ACX OC by myself with precision X
24" Surround Acer p244w
Onboard audio
Win7 64bit

Posted 09/08/2009 09:28 PM   
<--- just got done testing out WarHead with his new Tri setup and 16xQAA with all in game settings maxed... dear lord. (joins Crazy for that smoke eh?)

If you liked Vanilla Crysis this much, just wait till you fire up Warhead. Forget the mods till you are done with both.
<--- just got done testing out WarHead with his new Tri setup and 16xQAA with all in game settings maxed... dear lord. (joins Crazy for that smoke eh?)

If you liked Vanilla Crysis this much, just wait till you fire up Warhead. Forget the mods till you are done with both.

Posted 09/08/2009 10:11 PM   
[quote name='420Ryme' post='329762' date='Sep 8 2009, 06:11 PM']<--- just got done testing out WarHead with his new Tri setup and 16xQAA with all in game settings maxed... dear lord. (joins Crazy for that smoke eh?)

If you liked Vanilla Crysis this much, just wait till you fire up Warhead. Forget the mods till you are done with both.[/quote]

I'm going to pickup Warhead next week and play through the whole of Crysis again on my 10 day Vacation starting October 2. I'm looking forward to playing it again. Thats a rare thing for me to say about a single player game.
[quote name='420Ryme' post='329762' date='Sep 8 2009, 06:11 PM']<--- just got done testing out WarHead with his new Tri setup and 16xQAA with all in game settings maxed... dear lord. (joins Crazy for that smoke eh?)

I'm going to pickup Warhead next week and play through the whole of Crysis again on my 10 day Vacation starting October 2. I'm looking forward to playing it again. Thats a rare thing for me to say about a single player game.

Posted 09/09/2009 12:22 PM   
[quote name='{CuF}crazycanuck' post='329745' date='Sep 8 2009, 04:22 PM']:blush: ok, ok, OK...I'M GUILTY !!!! :crying: i PICKED UP THE TURTLE!! not once, not twice but /omg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':omg:' /> 3 times and tossed his butt. I shot up some chickens..ok lots of chickens /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' /> .... and even offed a number of frogs with my pistol. But i must say, grabbing the neck of one of the Koreans and using him like my personal punching bag was quite therapeutic.[/quote]

I'm sure if I didn't modify the game files to allow me to run at 10x sprint speed in MS mode, cloak without any energy penalty, and regenerate health at an absurd rate, all used in conjunction to slam shoulder-first into unsuspecting Koreans at three hundred miles an hour and sending them screaming towards the sun while their comrades are busy dodging ballistic chickens that were caught in the vortex behind me, I'd probably be a little offended.

Luckily for you, the more sleep-deprived I get, the less I care, so on with the involuntary Korean space program and small animal population control!
[quote name='{CuF}crazycanuck' post='329745' date='Sep 8 2009, 04:22 PM']:blush: ok, ok, OK...I'M GUILTY !!!! :crying: i PICKED UP THE TURTLE!! not once, not twice but /omg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':omg:' /> 3 times and tossed his butt. I shot up some chickens..ok lots of chickens /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' /> .... and even offed a number of frogs with my pistol. But i must say, grabbing the neck of one of the Koreans and using him like my personal punching bag was quite therapeutic.

I'm sure if I didn't modify the game files to allow me to run at 10x sprint speed in MS mode, cloak without any energy penalty, and regenerate health at an absurd rate, all used in conjunction to slam shoulder-first into unsuspecting Koreans at three hundred miles an hour and sending them screaming towards the sun while their comrades are busy dodging ballistic chickens that were caught in the vortex behind me, I'd probably be a little offended.

Luckily for you, the more sleep-deprived I get, the less I care, so on with the involuntary Korean space program and small animal population control!

GeForce Technical Marketing

Posted 09/09/2009 12:33 PM   
Wow... just wow.
Wow... just wow.

Posted 09/09/2009 04:33 PM   
The train Ride action in Warhead alone was worth the money.........CHEERS

BTW there are some good S/P Maps + mods at the site I placed above, take my word for it....
The train Ride action in Warhead alone was worth the money.........CHEERS

BTW there are some good S/P Maps + mods at the site I placed above, take my word for it....

Posted 09/09/2009 05:37 PM   
[quote name='Exitios' post='329820' date='Sep 9 2009, 07:33 AM']I'm sure if I didn't modify the game files to allow me to run at 10x sprint speed in MS mode, cloak without any energy penalty, and regenerate health at an absurd rate, all used in conjunction to slam shoulder-first into unsuspecting Koreans at three hundred miles an hour and sending them screaming towards the sun while their comrades are busy dodging ballistic chickens that were caught in the vortex behind me, I'd probably be a little offended.

Luckily for you, the more sleep-deprived I get, the less I care, so on with the involuntary Korean space program and small animal population control![/quote]

Lmfao!!!

The funny thing is i am painting a mental picture of the action and the Ballistic chickens pretty much did me in. My Staff are woindering why i'm sitting in my office busting a gut!!

I stepped out of the office for a while and made a quick side detour to my local eb games. They don't carry the warhead expansion pack on its own , but they now carry the whole enchilada on a dvd. I can get Crysis (which i don't need anyways) Warhead and Crysis War (some big multiplayer 21 mappack that comes with it). Is it worth spending the bucks on this dvd because the only real extra i am getting is the 21 multiplayer maps. If you guys say the mappack is well worth it and theres lot of online action to be had with this mappack then i'll jump in and spend the $49.00 Canadian. If its not worth it then i'll keep poking around for Warhead expansion only.
[quote name='Exitios' post='329820' date='Sep 9 2009, 07:33 AM']I'm sure if I didn't modify the game files to allow me to run at 10x sprint speed in MS mode, cloak without any energy penalty, and regenerate health at an absurd rate, all used in conjunction to slam shoulder-first into unsuspecting Koreans at three hundred miles an hour and sending them screaming towards the sun while their comrades are busy dodging ballistic chickens that were caught in the vortex behind me, I'd probably be a little offended.

Lmfao!!!

The funny thing is i am painting a mental picture of the action and the Ballistic chickens pretty much did me in. My Staff are woindering why i'm sitting in my office busting a gut!!

I stepped out of the office for a while and made a quick side detour to my local eb games. They don't carry the warhead expansion pack on its own , but they now carry the whole enchilada on a dvd. I can get Crysis (which i don't need anyways) Warhead and Crysis War (some big multiplayer 21 mappack that comes with it). Is it worth spending the bucks on this dvd because the only real extra i am getting is the 21 multiplayer maps. If you guys say the mappack is well worth it and theres lot of online action to be had with this mappack then i'll jump in and spend the $49.00 Canadian. If its not worth it then i'll keep poking around for Warhead expansion only.

Posted 09/09/2009 06:56 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top