ugly as a fist fight in a kebab shop, but it works :-)
  1 / 27    
Hi folks
I thought Id share my rig with you guys,
This is the current set up, Ive tried many different ways of mounting the rads In the end I had to think "outside the box" so to speak ....... It seems I was a bit hasty when I bought this case and it realy isnt the best for water cooling projects, sure I could fit a 240 at the top but thats about it, I don't really want to go crazy and carve it up completly ( just yet) So the main cooling takes lace outside the case and it works really well. I now have idle temps at 32 degrees with a 4.0 ghz o/c and 1.3 cpu voltage when at full load I never see above 50 this is with the coolant temp at 25 and room temp at 24 and pump set at 3.5 out of 5 so I have scope for more flow. Still testing at tis time and as the NB block is a new addition not sure how well that will work, having said that I am down at least 8 degrees and as those that use R2E will know the NB does run hot under full load.
You may be wondering why such huge rads for just cpu and NB, well the reason is those 2 295's the plan was to put them on water but TBH I just plain bottled it, not happy about voiding the warranty on 2 cards worth over £800 its not gonna happen ( yet ) but when I do want to add them I have the hardware to get the job done.

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/OB2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/OB1.jpg[/img]
the reason I hooked the pipe that way from the NB block was to keep it away from the gfx exhaust

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/OB3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/OB4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/PS4.jpg[/img]

comments plz

Rick
Hi folks

I thought Id share my rig with you guys,

This is the current set up, Ive tried many different ways of mounting the rads In the end I had to think "outside the box" so to speak ....... It seems I was a bit hasty when I bought this case and it realy isnt the best for water cooling projects, sure I could fit a 240 at the top but thats about it, I don't really want to go crazy and carve it up completly ( just yet) So the main cooling takes lace outside the case and it works really well. I now have idle temps at 32 degrees with a 4.0 ghz o/c and 1.3 cpu voltage when at full load I never see above 50 this is with the coolant temp at 25 and room temp at 24 and pump set at 3.5 out of 5 so I have scope for more flow. Still testing at tis time and as the NB block is a new addition not sure how well that will work, having said that I am down at least 8 degrees and as those that use R2E will know the NB does run hot under full load.

You may be wondering why such huge rads for just cpu and NB, well the reason is those 2 295's the plan was to put them on water but TBH I just plain bottled it, not happy about voiding the warranty on 2 cards worth over £800 its not gonna happen ( yet ) but when I do want to add them I have the hardware to get the job done.

the reason I hooked the pipe that way from the NB block was to keep it away from the gfx exhaust

comments plz

Rick

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Intel i7 980X @4.6 ghz 24/7 1.39v, 6 GB Dom GT CL7, Tri channel, EK'd Asus GTX 680 Sli , Displays : 3 X Hanns-G HG281D 2D Surround, Case, Xigmatek Elysium, Corsair AX 1200W, Win 7 64, 2 x Crucial C300 128gb 6gb/s SSDs Raid 0, 2 x 300 gig WD velociraptors Raid 0, 64 GB Crucial M4 non raid boot drive 6 g/bs, Asus Xonar DX2 Sound, Roccat Kave 5:1 Headset, Track IR Pro, Noctua and TFC Triebwewrk fans controled by Lamptron FC6 black and Zalman ZM-FC1Plus black, Roccat Isku K/B, Steelseries Sensei mouse, Logitech G27 wheel, Custom water cooling, EK FB RE3 full board block , Black Ice GTX 480 Extreme Quad, Black Ice GTX Extreme 360, both rads running TFC Triebwerk mid speeds, Dual loop 3 D5 pumps.

Posted 05/24/2009 03:23 PM   
actually,

i think its pretty good. :biggrin:

it will only be a problem when u want to move it.

i like ur system
actually,

i think its pretty good. :biggrin:

it will only be a problem when u want to move it.

i like ur system

Posted 05/24/2009 05:38 PM   
lol cheers 4 the reply
I did think of that and I can just swing the whole thing round and drop the side panels and fiddle with it as is, glad you like it :biggrin:
lol cheers 4 the reply

I did think of that and I can just swing the whole thing round and drop the side panels and fiddle with it as is, glad you like it :biggrin:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Intel i7 980X @4.6 ghz 24/7 1.39v, 6 GB Dom GT CL7, Tri channel, EK'd Asus GTX 680 Sli , Displays : 3 X Hanns-G HG281D 2D Surround, Case, Xigmatek Elysium, Corsair AX 1200W, Win 7 64, 2 x Crucial C300 128gb 6gb/s SSDs Raid 0, 2 x 300 gig WD velociraptors Raid 0, 64 GB Crucial M4 non raid boot drive 6 g/bs, Asus Xonar DX2 Sound, Roccat Kave 5:1 Headset, Track IR Pro, Noctua and TFC Triebwewrk fans controled by Lamptron FC6 black and Zalman ZM-FC1Plus black, Roccat Isku K/B, Steelseries Sensei mouse, Logitech G27 wheel, Custom water cooling, EK FB RE3 full board block , Black Ice GTX 480 Extreme Quad, Black Ice GTX Extreme 360, both rads running TFC Triebwerk mid speeds, Dual loop 3 D5 pumps.

Posted 05/24/2009 05:43 PM   
i kinda like it, altough like Xerocool said, how do you want to move it :S and what are the temps of that thing ? with 2 480 rads those must be around room temp
i kinda like it, altough like Xerocool said, how do you want to move it :S and what are the temps of that thing ? with 2 480 rads those must be around room temp

Posted 05/25/2009 12:32 PM   
well its actually not to bad just swing the whole thing round and drop the side panels, its so huge theres plenty of room to fiddle with it .
As far as temps it does indeed run at room temp which is kind a nice , that gives me an idle of 35 and a full load heading toward 50 max with my 4.0 ghz o/c, though in normall use it never gets anywhere near that.
So with the pump set at 3.5 out of 5 and fan speeds 1100 from 1300 its almost silent with the noctuas, they rock :biggrin:
when I grow a pair and decide its time to void the warranty on my cards and add them I dont think I now need a second loop !!
well its actually not to bad just swing the whole thing round and drop the side panels, its so huge theres plenty of room to fiddle with it .

As far as temps it does indeed run at room temp which is kind a nice , that gives me an idle of 35 and a full load heading toward 50 max with my 4.0 ghz o/c, though in normall use it never gets anywhere near that.

So with the pump set at 3.5 out of 5 and fan speeds 1100 from 1300 its almost silent with the noctuas, they rock :biggrin:

when I grow a pair and decide its time to void the warranty on my cards and add them I dont think I now need a second loop !!

Posted 05/25/2009 08:57 PM   
Added the cards now, had a bit of a struggle as I found myself with the wrong sli connector so the only way I could do it was to loose the divider tray and drop the psu half inch
Also chop the rear of the case a bit so I could drop the card into the 3rd x16 slot. All on one loop for now as I am still waiting for a second pump, Ive added a xspc 240 to the top as well and modded the case cap so the fans would fit.
for now here it is :rolleyes:

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/gfx3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/gfx2.jpg[/img]
Added the cards now, had a bit of a struggle as I found myself with the wrong sli connector so the only way I could do it was to loose the divider tray and drop the psu half inch

Also chop the rear of the case a bit so I could drop the card into the 3rd x16 slot. All on one loop for now as I am still waiting for a second pump, Ive added a xspc 240 to the top as well and modded the case cap so the fans would fit.

for now here it is :rolleyes:

Posted 05/30/2009 03:50 PM   
how many rads do you have? i see another one now inside the case. is that 3rd rad? i so want to WC my 295's looks very cool, whats the temps on them now? do you OC them? very nice rig btw
how many rads do you have? i see another one now inside the case. is that 3rd rad? i so want to WC my 295's looks very cool, whats the temps on them now? do you OC them? very nice rig btw

Posted 05/30/2009 06:54 PM   
Hi there thanx 4 your interest
My aim to start with was to add a second loop, but my suppliers cant source another pump at this time, so for now I have just added an xspc 240 in the case top and modded the cap fit the fans, so right now the loop is xspc 240 black ice stealth 360 and black ice Gt Extreme 480 single loop for all until mmy second pump is here then ill re do it.
Temps are very good as far as the tests I have done time permitting today furmark full res didnt get anywhere over 50 :biggrin:

Very happy as the whole process could have gone the other way and no gfx at all with the block install, yep happy bunny right now

Rick
Hi there thanx 4 your interest

My aim to start with was to add a second loop, but my suppliers cant source another pump at this time, so for now I have just added an xspc 240 in the case top and modded the cap fit the fans, so right now the loop is xspc 240 black ice stealth 360 and black ice Gt Extreme 480 single loop for all until mmy second pump is here then ill re do it.

Temps are very good as far as the tests I have done time permitting today furmark full res didnt get anywhere over 50 :biggrin:

Very happy as the whole process could have gone the other way and no gfx at all with the block install, yep happy bunny right now

Rick

Posted 05/30/2009 10:18 PM   
[quote name='fmsam' post='308238' date='May 30 2009, 06:18 PM']Temps are very good as far as the tests I have done time permitting today furmark full res didnt get anywhere over 50 :biggrin:[/quote]
Very good for those cards. My cards on my air coolers dont break 50c either. Of course your cards do get a bit hotter than mine lol.

Thats a whole ton of rad for right now until you split the loops.
[quote name='fmsam' post='308238' date='May 30 2009, 06:18 PM']Temps are very good as far as the tests I have done time permitting today furmark full res didnt get anywhere over 50 :biggrin:

Very good for those cards. My cards on my air coolers dont break 50c either. Of course your cards do get a bit hotter than mine lol.

Thats a whole ton of rad for right now until you split the loops.

Posted 06/01/2009 04:06 PM   
yea its a bit OTT .... anyway I managed to get another pump so Ill be re doing the loops over the next couple of days fingures crossed the pump should be here tomorow :smile:
yea its a bit OTT .... anyway I managed to get another pump so Ill be re doing the loops over the next couple of days fingures crossed the pump should be here tomorow :smile:

Posted 06/03/2009 06:39 PM   
very nice rig the pink tubes add some....uniqueness lol but that's what makes it so cool lol you aren't afraid to put a little sweet into a rig. lol when i get my rig how i want it and grow like 3 pairs i'll wc mine lol.. very nice man can't wait to see it finished.
very nice rig the pink tubes add some....uniqueness lol but that's what makes it so cool lol you aren't afraid to put a little sweet into a rig. lol when i get my rig how i want it and grow like 3 pairs i'll wc mine lol.. very nice man can't wait to see it finished.

Posted 06/04/2009 01:28 PM   
So I got the second pump and split the loops, bit more plumbing but great fun to do also really happy with the temps :biggrin:

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/2loops1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/2loops3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/temps.jpg[/img]

dont forget thats a 4.0 ghz o/c and factory o/cd cards... well chuffed with that.
gonna carry on testing etc over the w/e

Rick
So I got the second pump and split the loops, bit more plumbing but great fun to do also really happy with the temps :biggrin:

dont forget thats a 4.0 ghz o/c and factory o/cd cards... well chuffed with that.

gonna carry on testing etc over the w/e

Rick

Posted 06/05/2009 07:09 PM   
wow impressive lol mine runs like that under load on a dual core stock at 2.7 lol but not the idle mine stays at 48 c idle lol.
wow impressive lol mine runs like that under load on a dual core stock at 2.7 lol but not the idle mine stays at 48 c idle lol.

Posted 06/07/2009 01:26 PM   
So Ive made a few changes, finally got my hands on the right Sli connector thereby freeing up a suitable slot for the Asus Xonar DX2 sound card ( which is a pretty awsome bit of kit) now running a Do stepper cpu which still kicks ass but on lower voltage, replaced the Hdd's with caviar blacks, also trying OCZ reaper 1800, and Ive popped in a cheeky SSD for crysis.
I know its not a patch on some high end rigs you can see these days visually, but for my first performance build I stil rekon this thing is pretty cool ( but then Im bias) :biggrin:

[img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/fmsam405/rig5-2.jpg[/img]

Rick
So Ive made a few changes, finally got my hands on the right Sli connector thereby freeing up a suitable slot for the Asus Xonar DX2 sound card ( which is a pretty awsome bit of kit) now running a Do stepper cpu which still kicks ass but on lower voltage, replaced the Hdd's with caviar blacks, also trying OCZ reaper 1800, and Ive popped in a cheeky SSD for crysis.

I know its not a patch on some high end rigs you can see these days visually, but for my first performance build I stil rekon this thing is pretty cool ( but then Im bias) :biggrin:

Rick

Posted 06/22/2009 11:16 PM   
Although your rig looks impressive, for the amount of money you must have put into it, i don't really thing it's worth the temperatures. I've come to think that of all liquid cooling systems. You can get get good air coolers for a fraction of the price, that can get down near 40 degrees idle, 50 load easily.

Although, nice Zalman GS1000 case. I wanted one but it was missing too many features for the price. (like a forward intake...wtf Zalman?) But i see you modded one in.
Although your rig looks impressive, for the amount of money you must have put into it, i don't really thing it's worth the temperatures. I've come to think that of all liquid cooling systems. You can get get good air coolers for a fraction of the price, that can get down near 40 degrees idle, 50 load easily.

Although, nice Zalman GS1000 case. I wanted one but it was missing too many features for the price. (like a forward intake...wtf Zalman?) But i see you modded one in.
  1 / 27    
Scroll To Top