8800gt bios
Hi i have 2 8800gt sonic cards, and was wondering if i could flash them with a 8800gtx bios to enable the extra cores
Anyone know if this is possible?

Also if i did try it and it didnt work would i be able to flash back to the original 8800gt bios?
Hi i have 2 8800gt sonic cards, and was wondering if i could flash them with a 8800gtx bios to enable the extra cores

Anyone know if this is possible?

Also if i did try it and it didnt work would i be able to flash back to the original 8800gt bios?

Posted 01/11/2009 07:35 PM   
[url="http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?showtopic=31860"]enable the 16 cores on 8800gt?[/url]

look at this thread , it will let you know .
enable the 16 cores on 8800gt?

look at this thread , it will let you know .

Posted 01/12/2009 06:30 AM   
Thanks
The thing i was scared of it if i did decide to try flashing with a gtx bios and it didnt work i thought i may ruin my cards, but if you was able to flash back to the original bios i think i may give it a go

My cards are frm xpertvision and they are the overclocked version and allready had the 1.1v, i didnt know this untill i tried flashing them to run 1.1v and got the same results,

Ill report back with my findings

Just found out thet xpertvision dont have a gtx model with 512mb memory they only have a 9800gtx with 512mb mem, can you flash a 9800gt bios with a 8800gt card? they are both from the same mauufacture

Had a look at the 9800gtx bios and the timings in Nibitor all seem to match, they are both 65nm and both have the same memory, infact even the clock speeds are simular the only differance i can see it the voltage the gtx has 1.15v and mine has 1.1v oh and of course the gtx has more cores

If the flash does go bad how would i be able to see what im doing when i try and flash back to the originial bios as i heard thet the screen goes black? i do have 2 cards so would i be able to boot up with my second card and go from there?
Thanks

The thing i was scared of it if i did decide to try flashing with a gtx bios and it didnt work i thought i may ruin my cards, but if you was able to flash back to the original bios i think i may give it a go

My cards are frm xpertvision and they are the overclocked version and allready had the 1.1v, i didnt know this untill i tried flashing them to run 1.1v and got the same results,

Just found out thet xpertvision dont have a gtx model with 512mb memory they only have a 9800gtx with 512mb mem, can you flash a 9800gt bios with a 8800gt card? they are both from the same mauufacture

Had a look at the 9800gtx bios and the timings in Nibitor all seem to match, they are both 65nm and both have the same memory, infact even the clock speeds are simular the only differance i can see it the voltage the gtx has 1.15v and mine has 1.1v oh and of course the gtx has more cores

If the flash does go bad how would i be able to see what im doing when i try and flash back to the originial bios as i heard thet the screen goes black? i do have 2 cards so would i be able to boot up with my second card and go from there?

Posted 01/12/2009 06:56 AM   
[quote name='jaco' post='262286' date='Jan 12 2009, 07:56 AM']Thanks

If the flash does go bad how would i be able to see what im doing when i try and flash back to the originial bios as i heard thet the screen goes black? i do have 2 cards so would i be able to boot up with my second card and go from there?[/quote]

I'm so interested in flashing my BFG 8800gt OC2 with a Zotac 9800gt amp! bios, but I didn't know that it was possible to put a 9800gtx bios to activate the rest of the cores! I'm trying to make an sli with my 8800gt card and a 9800gt with G92a core, because I don't know if I can do a sli with my 8800gt flashed to 9800gt and another 9800gt with G92b core.

Whatever you find to activate flashing your 8800gt told here please. It will be wellcome :biggrin: !
[quote name='jaco' post='262286' date='Jan 12 2009, 07:56 AM']Thanks

I'm so interested in flashing my BFG 8800gt OC2 with a Zotac 9800gt amp! bios, but I didn't know that it was possible to put a 9800gtx bios to activate the rest of the cores! I'm trying to make an sli with my 8800gt card and a 9800gt with G92a core, because I don't know if I can do a sli with my 8800gt flashed to 9800gt and another 9800gt with G92b core.

Whatever you find to activate flashing your 8800gt told here please. It will be wellcome :biggrin: !

Posted 01/19/2009 02:47 AM   
Scroll To Top