Monitor to Graphics Card Issue "No Signal"
Ok, so I'm having issues with my monitor connection to my computer. When I connect the monitor to my computer (to the graphics card), my monitor says "No Signal" and the power switch turns to amber (orange color) and the screen goes black. Now I know its not the new monitor, because I tested the monitor on an older computer and it worked fine. I also tested an "old' monitor on the new computer ( the one i'm having problems with) and the monitor also didn't work.

Soo... it has to be something with my connections and/or graphics cards/new computer

Everything is brand new, so I could be missing something with the setup or the graphic card installions. Any Ideas?

Here are some of the specs of my comp btw.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400

Graphics Card: EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported (<------- 2 of these, and I'm using the 2 way SLI bridge connector) Both of them are installed atm and brand new

Mobo: NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel Motherboard

PSU: SPARKLE R-SPI1000GCM 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Ready ATI CrossFire Ready

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Monitor (which works fine on an older comp but not this one): Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 400 cd/m2
Ok, so I'm having issues with my monitor connection to my computer. When I connect the monitor to my computer (to the graphics card), my monitor says "No Signal" and the power switch turns to amber (orange color) and the screen goes black. Now I know its not the new monitor, because I tested the monitor on an older computer and it worked fine. I also tested an "old' monitor on the new computer ( the one i'm having problems with) and the monitor also didn't work.

Soo... it has to be something with my connections and/or graphics cards/new computer

Everything is brand new, so I could be missing something with the setup or the graphic card installions. Any Ideas?

Here are some of the specs of my comp btw.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400

Graphics Card: EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported (<------- 2 of these, and I'm using the 2 way SLI bridge connector) Both of them are installed atm and brand new

Mobo: NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel Motherboard

PSU: SPARKLE R-SPI1000GCM 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Ready ATI CrossFire Ready

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Monitor (which works fine on an older comp but not this one): Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 400 cd/m2

Posted 08/25/2008 09:11 AM   
does your pc boot up properly? does it beep at all? sorry to give you this basic list but i must. check if the RAM is in all the way, same with both graphics cards. is your cpu installed properly? do you have all 2 power connectors attached to both cards? did you miss the 4 pin connector from the psu to the mobo? alright, sory i know its basic stuff but its all possible and all i can really think of without saying "defective card"
does your pc boot up properly? does it beep at all? sorry to give you this basic list but i must. check if the RAM is in all the way, same with both graphics cards. is your cpu installed properly? do you have all 2 power connectors attached to both cards? did you miss the 4 pin connector from the psu to the mobo? alright, sory i know its basic stuff but its all possible and all i can really think of without saying "defective card"

Posted 08/25/2008 09:42 AM   
[quote name='GW2' post='212219' date='Aug 25 2008, 05:42 AM']does your pc boot up properly? does it beep at all? sorry to give you this basic list but i must. check if the RAM is in all the way, same with both graphics cards. is your cpu installed properly? do you have all 2 power connectors attached to both cards? did you miss the 4 pin connector from the psu to the mobo? alright, sory i know its basic stuff but its all possible and all i can really think of without saying "defective card"[/quote]

Yes, the Pc boots properly.
I get a about a 1sec-1and half second beep when I boot it up, that sounds like a sequence of studerring beeps, hard to expanin

The ram is definately in

Graphics Cards are lit up as green, so I think they are plugged in properly.

CPU is installed Properly

I have all power connectors attached to my dual graphic cards (two 6 pin PCI-E x16 connectors)

and yes, I have the power 2 secondary power unit (which is a 6 pin for me) attached from the psu to the mobo.

Any other ideas. Ty for the help btw, really appreciate it.

Also have a solid green light, and solid orange light lit up when I boot up my computer, (along with the blue light that comes on, when I flick the power switch on the back of the psu).
[quote name='GW2' post='212219' date='Aug 25 2008, 05:42 AM']does your pc boot up properly? does it beep at all? sorry to give you this basic list but i must. check if the RAM is in all the way, same with both graphics cards. is your cpu installed properly? do you have all 2 power connectors attached to both cards? did you miss the 4 pin connector from the psu to the mobo? alright, sory i know its basic stuff but its all possible and all i can really think of without saying "defective card"

Yes, the Pc boots properly.

I get a about a 1sec-1and half second beep when I boot it up, that sounds like a sequence of studerring beeps, hard to expanin

The ram is definately in

Graphics Cards are lit up as green, so I think they are plugged in properly.

CPU is installed Properly

I have all power connectors attached to my dual graphic cards (two 6 pin PCI-E x16 connectors)

and yes, I have the power 2 secondary power unit (which is a 6 pin for me) attached from the psu to the mobo.

Any other ideas. Ty for the help btw, really appreciate it.

Also have a solid green light, and solid orange light lit up when I boot up my computer, (along with the blue light that comes on, when I flick the power switch on the back of the psu).

Posted 08/25/2008 10:05 AM   
[quote name='Hootz' post='212225' date='Aug 25 2008, 11:05 AM']Yes, the Pc boots properly.
I get a about a 1sec-1and half second beep when I boot it up, that sounds like a sequence of studerring beeps, hard to expanin[/quote]

is it one beep followed by 3 short beeps? if so thats the indicator for a problem with the graphics card.

does your card have multiple outs? I had a gx2 that wouldn't let me use the hdmi port as default so I had to setup using a monitor connection for the initial install.

probably not the case but it might be an idea, to try the hdmi out if there is one or another connection. aside from that maybe reseating the card and clearing the CMOS?

thats if it was that BIOS code.
[quote name='Hootz' post='212225' date='Aug 25 2008, 11:05 AM']Yes, the Pc boots properly.

is it one beep followed by 3 short beeps? if so thats the indicator for a problem with the graphics card.

does your card have multiple outs? I had a gx2 that wouldn't let me use the hdmi port as default so I had to setup using a monitor connection for the initial install.

probably not the case but it might be an idea, to try the hdmi out if there is one or another connection. aside from that maybe reseating the card and clearing the CMOS?

Posted 08/25/2008 10:31 AM   
also have you tried to install using one of the cards? does your board have the SLI selector chip(little board in between the PCI slot's, says something along the lines of "dual cards^, single cards v") like my s***ty p5n-e?
also have you tried to install using one of the cards? does your board have the SLI selector chip(little board in between the PCI slot's, says something along the lines of "dual cards^, single cards v") like my s***ty p5n-e?

Posted 08/25/2008 10:36 AM   
[quote name='EnSabanNur' post='212229' date='Aug 25 2008, 06:31 AM']is it one beep followed by 3 short beeps? if so thats the indicator for a problem with the graphics card.

thats if it was that BIOS code.[/quote]

Its like one long fast like: beeebeebeep. kinda like that lol. Its NOT like BEEP. BEEP. BEEP (is there any way I can find the beep waves to compare it to mine? Sorry if that sounds very stupid)
Also have a solid orange light on the mobo if that means anything.

I have 2 outs, one for the DVI cord and another one for I guess the VGA cord (which my graphics card came with an adapter for the VGA cord).

And the graphics card both have a solid green light shining if that means anything. And how would I clear my CMOS? Sorry is that sounds noob lol
[quote name='EnSabanNur' post='212229' date='Aug 25 2008, 06:31 AM']is it one beep followed by 3 short beeps? if so thats the indicator for a problem with the graphics card.

Its like one long fast like: beeebeebeep. kinda like that lol. Its NOT like BEEP. BEEP. BEEP (is there any way I can find the beep waves to compare it to mine? Sorry if that sounds very stupid)

I have 2 outs, one for the DVI cord and another one for I guess the VGA cord (which my graphics card came with an adapter for the VGA cord).

And the graphics card both have a solid green light shining if that means anything. And how would I clear my CMOS? Sorry is that sounds noob lol

Posted 08/25/2008 10:40 AM   
[quote name='Hootz' post='212231' date='Aug 25 2008, 06:40 AM']Its like one long fast like: beeebeebeep. kinda like that lol. Its NOT like BEEP. BEEP. BEEP (is there any way I can find the beep waves to compare it to mine? Sorry if that sounds very stupid)

And the graphics card both have a solid green light shining if that means anything. And how would I clear my CMOS? Sorry is that sounds noob lol[/quote]
[quote name='Hootz' post='212231' date='Aug 25 2008, 06:40 AM']Its like one long fast like: beeebeebeep. kinda like that lol. Its NOT like BEEP. BEEP. BEEP (is there any way I can find the beep waves to compare it to mine? Sorry if that sounds very stupid)

Posted 08/25/2008 10:44 AM   
The beep's you are hearing means that something is not connected properly, here's what you need to do:

[list]
[*]Disconnect the RAM and reconnect them properly.
[*]Disconnect the VGA card's and connect them again.
[*]If you still got a "no signal" massage then connect only one VGA card to the system and try to boot, if the problem Continues disconnect the first card and connect the second VGA card and boot the system.
[/list]

If all of the above fails try using one stick of RAM and not the two of them, try them one at a time.

Keep us informed.
The beep's you are hearing means that something is not connected properly, here's what you need to do:

• Disconnect the RAM and reconnect them properly.
  • Disconnect the VGA card's and connect them again.
  • If you still got a "no signal" massage then connect only one VGA card to the system and try to boot, if the problem Continues disconnect the first card and connect the second VGA card and boot the system.

If all of the above fails try using one stick of RAM and not the two of them, try them one at a time.

Keep us informed.

Posted 08/25/2008 10:45 AM   
are you going dvi out?

you'll have to have a look on the internets for the beep codes that match you bios version (if I remember rightly), but it doesn't sound like the code I was getting for GPU problems. sounds more like the one's I was getting while I was attempting to overclock... not saying you have just that the symptoms might be similar.

your CMOS battery should be located somewhere on your MOBO looks like a watch battery you clear the CMOS via removing the battery for a short period 30 secs or so, but I'm guessing your board should have a reset button to clear as most of the new MOBOs feature it. should be somewhere in the mobo manual how to do it.

the lights on the gpu don't really indicate anything significant in my experince, only that the power is there and the thing is plugged in properly.

I'd try clearing your CMOS first and then maybe trying to install one card and seeing how you get on, get one running then start on the second etc.
are you going dvi out?

you'll have to have a look on the internets for the beep codes that match you bios version (if I remember rightly), but it doesn't sound like the code I was getting for GPU problems. sounds more like the one's I was getting while I was attempting to overclock... not saying you have just that the symptoms might be similar.

your CMOS battery should be located somewhere on your MOBO looks like a watch battery you clear the CMOS via removing the battery for a short period 30 secs or so, but I'm guessing your board should have a reset button to clear as most of the new MOBOs feature it. should be somewhere in the mobo manual how to do it.

the lights on the gpu don't really indicate anything significant in my experince, only that the power is there and the thing is plugged in properly.

I'd try clearing your CMOS first and then maybe trying to install one card and seeing how you get on, get one running then start on the second etc.

Posted 08/25/2008 10:59 AM   
K got it wokring, There was a gate on the back of my case that needed to be flipped up where the graphics card slides in. Be4 the gate was blocking the graphics card from fully going in.

Got it working ty :D

BUT now when I start the computer and monitor and insert the Operating Disk. I get the error
NVIDIA Boot Agent 253.0543
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F Exiting ENVIDIA Boot Agent

says these lines about 5 or 6 times and then says:
Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter
K got it wokring, There was a gate on the back of my case that needed to be flipped up where the graphics card slides in. Be4 the gate was blocking the graphics card from fully going in.

Got it working ty :D

BUT now when I start the computer and monitor and insert the Operating Disk. I get the error

NVIDIA Boot Agent 253.0543

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F Exiting ENVIDIA Boot Agent

says these lines about 5 or 6 times and then says:

Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter

Posted 08/25/2008 12:54 PM   
Scroll To Top