Physx install questions
I am running a 9800 gx2 on a asus p5n-d motherboard(on 64 bit vista)and would like to install physx, I'm a little confused on how to install it all. I downloaded the 177.40 drivers and installed them, then I installed the physx 8.06.12 software. From what i have read there is suppose to be a seperate physx control panel in windows control panel, and i do not have a physx control panel. Also if i open the nvidia physx properties on the info page it states; No AGEIA physx processor installed. The physx processor portion right below it is also blank. Are there other drivers that must be installed too? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
I am running a 9800 gx2 on a asus p5n-d motherboard(on 64 bit vista)and would like to install physx, I'm a little confused on how to install it all. I downloaded the 177.40 drivers and installed them, then I installed the physx 8.06.12 software. From what i have read there is suppose to be a seperate physx control panel in windows control panel, and i do not have a physx control panel. Also if i open the nvidia physx properties on the info page it states; No AGEIA physx processor installed. The physx processor portion right below it is also blank. Are there other drivers that must be installed too? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Posted 07/13/2008 06:18 AM   
Nothing since you have no Ageia card. In that panel click the next few tabs and it'll say "GeForce PhysX."
Nothing since you have no Ageia card. In that panel click the next few tabs and it'll say "GeForce PhysX."

My name is Legion, for we are many

Sig: BluSOUL | HAFX | Asrock P67 Fatal1ty Pro | Intel Core i7-2600K | Corsair H80 | G.Skill 1333MHz CL7 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Bios ACX | Seagate 500GB SATA 3 & Seagate 2TB SATA 2 | Thermaltake Toughpower 750W W0116 | Philips 273E LH 27" | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 |

Posted 07/13/2008 08:00 AM   
I simply dumped my Ageia physx software that came with Vantage when I installed Nvidia PhysX.
I simply dumped my Ageia physx software that came with Vantage when I installed Nvidia PhysX.

[color="#1589FF"] EVGA 680i SLI A1 P-33 bios

Intel Q6600 B3 @ 3.2G @ 1.36v monitored

EVGA GTX 660 SC

Patriot Viper Series 8500 4GB set to: 1067 Mhz 5-5-5-15-2T---4-30-6-10-auto @ 2.1v

Raptor 150 HDD x2 Raid 0 Stripe 64K

X-fi XtremeGamer Model: 70SB073A00000

OS Windows 7 64bit Home Premium full

Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Model: W0133RU

Swiftech H2O-220 Water cooled

Zalman FATAL!TY Champion Series Case, keyboard

CYBORG R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse

Driver: 320.18 WHQL

Posted 07/13/2008 05:04 PM   
I was told by someone at xfx support that we didn't need the seperate phys-x driver if we had the new drivers with it included.
I have the 177.39 drivers myself.
If you go into windows explorer click on the name of the hard drive you have it installed on.
As soon as you open it up look for the Nvidia folder and click on it .
click through the folders until you get into the last one with all the contents showing.
Look for the icon that says PhysXsetup and click on it.
This will now install Phys-x on your computer.
No go into your start menu and look for this in your list of programs.
NVIDIA PhysX Properties
Click it and you can play around with some of the demos or applications demonstrating Phys-x.
I was told by someone at xfx support that we didn't need the seperate phys-x driver if we had the new drivers with it included.

I have the 177.39 drivers myself.

If you go into windows explorer click on the name of the hard drive you have it installed on.

As soon as you open it up look for the Nvidia folder and click on it .

click through the folders until you get into the last one with all the contents showing.

Look for the icon that says PhysXsetup and click on it.

This will now install Phys-x on your computer.

No go into your start menu and look for this in your list of programs.

NVIDIA PhysX Properties

Click it and you can play around with some of the demos or applications demonstrating Phys-x.

Posted 07/26/2008 06:21 AM   
Scroll To Top