hybrid sli not working help
  1 / 2    
well i just got my crosshair 2 formula board installed in my system with a 9800gtx and 175.16 drivers installed the ones that support hybrid sli and it doesnt work it wont switch over to the discreate card when a game is played and the icon at the bottom is not their
well i just got my crosshair 2 formula board installed in my system with a 9800gtx and 175.16 drivers installed the ones that support hybrid sli and it doesnt work it wont switch over to the discreate card when a game is played and the icon at the bottom is not their

Posted 05/19/2008 11:48 PM   
sorry but bump because no one has answered i thought you guys had someone else looking at this new sli area can someone enlighten me
sorry but bump because no one has answered i thought you guys had someone else looking at this new sli area can someone enlighten me

Posted 05/24/2008 07:44 AM   
wow so is hybrid sli like beta or something do get no support, i c how it is nvidia, 7 series quad sli all over again.
wow so is hybrid sli like beta or something do get no support, i c how it is nvidia, 7 series quad sli all over again.

Posted 05/26/2008 04:29 AM   
Hi gotanks. Sorry for the delay in reply. I was out of town last week. May I ask what your motherboard GPU's memory is set at? And have you enabled HYbrid SLI in the bios? How do you have the system connected?

Chris
Hi gotanks. Sorry for the delay in reply. I was out of town last week. May I ask what your motherboard GPU's memory is set at? And have you enabled HYbrid SLI in the bios? How do you have the system connected?

Chris

Posted 05/26/2008 06:24 PM   
[quote name='ChrisRay' post='173974' date='May 26 2008, 01:24 PM']Hi gotanks. Sorry for the delay in reply. I was out of town last week. May I ask what your motherboard GPU's memory is set at? And have you enabled HYbrid SLI in the bios? How do you have the system connected?

Chris[/quote]
when i turned tried hybrid sli i had the bios set to hybrid sli on and i could not chagnge the memory settings but i pretty sure it was 256mb, and i had to connect the monitor to the mobo with an HDMI cable to get video with hybrid sli enabled
[quote name='ChrisRay' post='173974' date='May 26 2008, 01:24 PM']Hi gotanks. Sorry for the delay in reply. I was out of town last week. May I ask what your motherboard GPU's memory is set at? And have you enabled HYbrid SLI in the bios? How do you have the system connected?

Chris

when i turned tried hybrid sli i had the bios set to hybrid sli on and i could not chagnge the memory settings but i pretty sure it was 256mb, and i had to connect the monitor to the mobo with an HDMI cable to get video with hybrid sli enabled

Posted 05/28/2008 12:18 AM   
So you needed to use the HDMI to DVI adaptor? Were you running display off your discreet GPUS? It sounds like your problem is solved. But such an issue sounds likely if your using the discreet as a primary display device.

Chris
So you needed to use the HDMI to DVI adaptor? Were you running display off your discreet GPUS? It sounds like your problem is solved. But such an issue sounds likely if your using the discreet as a primary display device.

Chris

Posted 05/28/2008 12:45 AM   
[quote name='ChrisRay' post='174570' date='May 27 2008, 06:45 PM']So you needed to use the HDMI to DVI adaptor? Were you running display off your discreet GPUS? It sounds like your problem is solved. But such an issue sounds likely if your using the discreet as a primary display device.

Chris[/quote]

yeah i used the hdmi-dvi adaptor that came with the mobo, but its not solved. i had the monitor plugged into the mobo and when i start a game it is suppose to turn the discrete card on but it didnt. so currently i have hybrid off and connected to discrete to play games. i was looking to get it to switch between the 2 to power save.
[quote name='ChrisRay' post='174570' date='May 27 2008, 06:45 PM']So you needed to use the HDMI to DVI adaptor? Were you running display off your discreet GPUS? It sounds like your problem is solved. But such an issue sounds likely if your using the discreet as a primary display device.

Chris

yeah i used the hdmi-dvi adaptor that came with the mobo, but its not solved. i had the monitor plugged into the mobo and when i start a game it is suppose to turn the discrete card on but it didnt. so currently i have hybrid off and connected to discrete to play games. i was looking to get it to switch between the 2 to power save.

Posted 05/28/2008 03:04 AM   
Actually no. You have to manually enable Performance mode to enable the discreet GPUS. Otherwise you just play off the IGP.

Chris
Actually no. You have to manually enable Performance mode to enable the discreet GPUS. Otherwise you just play off the IGP.

Chris

Posted 05/28/2008 05:00 AM   
[quote name='ChrisRay' post='174636' date='May 28 2008, 12:00 AM']Actually no. You have to manually enable Performance mode to enable the discreet GPUS. Otherwise you just play off the IGP.

Chris[/quote]

how do i enable performance mode then
[quote name='ChrisRay' post='174636' date='May 28 2008, 12:00 AM']Actually no. You have to manually enable Performance mode to enable the discreet GPUS. Otherwise you just play off the IGP.

Chris

how do i enable performance mode then

Posted 05/28/2008 04:18 PM   
[quote name='Gotanks0407' post='174783' date='May 28 2008, 05:18 PM']how do i enable performance mode then[/quote]

Thanks for this thread tanks I've been watching this, as the soon due "hybrid" & sries boards with GT 280's should mean I can run the onboard card for web general PC use and SLi for games.

As usual newer drivers will solve some of these issues so 3 cheers for tanks for beta testing ;).

But should not that seperate unit also be able to power a sperate screen when SLi is on, so no more only one screen?

Tanks when you get it working can you in any way measure how much less power your PC draws? Either software or one of those hardware plug thing that tracks your watts?
[quote name='Gotanks0407' post='174783' date='May 28 2008, 05:18 PM']how do i enable performance mode then

Thanks for this thread tanks I've been watching this, as the soon due "hybrid" & sries boards with GT 280's should mean I can run the onboard card for web general PC use and SLi for games.

As usual newer drivers will solve some of these issues so 3 cheers for tanks for beta testing ;).

But should not that seperate unit also be able to power a sperate screen when SLi is on, so no more only one screen?

Tanks when you get it working can you in any way measure how much less power your PC draws? Either software or one of those hardware plug thing that tracks your watts?

3D RIG:I7 2600k 4.9 Ghz, P8P67 PRO, Fort02 SE, MSi GTX 680 2GB, 4GB DDR3, 60GB Vertex 2E SSD (W7 64 Boot) OCZ Revo 2 x2 PCIE SSD 240 GB, G930 7.1.

2D: MSi 6970 2GB-QX9650-160GB SSD-TJ109. DISPLAYS:2D 120" 21:9 100HZ DLP 0.1MS, 3D 50" 400HZ Passive 0.5 MS 3D LED - 24" 120HZ 2MS Active N3D LCD, all 1080p

Posted 05/29/2008 06:42 AM   
[quote name='dirtylarryuk' post='175115' date='May 29 2008, 01:42 AM']Thanks for this thread tanks I've been watching this, as the soon due "hybrid" & sries boards with GT 280's should mean I can run the onboard card for web general PC use and SLi for games.

Tanks when you get it working can you in any way measure how much less power your PC draws? Either software or one of those hardware plug thing that tracks your watts?[/quote]

i dont have a way of measureing it but i know that when the discrete card is off it will be from 100-200w i will be saving(most likely)
[quote name='dirtylarryuk' post='175115' date='May 29 2008, 01:42 AM']Thanks for this thread tanks I've been watching this, as the soon due "hybrid" & sries boards with GT 280's should mean I can run the onboard card for web general PC use and SLi for games.

i dont have a way of measureing it but i know that when the discrete card is off it will be from 100-200w i will be saving(most likely)

Posted 05/29/2008 04:19 PM   
[quote name='Gotanks0407' post='174783' date='May 28 2008, 09:18 AM']how do i enable performance mode then[/quote]

You should just go back to your task bar and enable "Performance" The icon lets you switch between IGP and Desktop mode. Refer to my guide.

Chris
[quote name='Gotanks0407' post='174783' date='May 28 2008, 09:18 AM']how do i enable performance mode then

You should just go back to your task bar and enable "Performance" The icon lets you switch between IGP and Desktop mode. Refer to my guide.

Chris

Posted 05/29/2008 04:21 PM   
[quote name='ChrisRay' post='175315' date='May 29 2008, 10:21 AM']You should just go back to your task bar and enable "Performance" The icon lets you switch between IGP and Desktop mode. Refer to my guide.

Chris[/quote]
how do i get this icon to appear
[quote name='ChrisRay' post='175315' date='May 29 2008, 10:21 AM']You should just go back to your task bar and enable "Performance" The icon lets you switch between IGP and Desktop mode. Refer to my guide.

Chris

how do i get this icon to appear

Posted 05/30/2008 04:35 AM   
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have an asus M3N-HT deluxe and an EVGA 9800GTX and I cannot for the life of me with all kinds of BIOS settings and the latest 175.16 nvidia drivers get that freakin' little green boomerang icon to appear in the system tray. Hence I cannot enable hybrid and utilize one of the main reasons I spent the big bucks on this board and configuration. What's the deal???
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have an asus M3N-HT deluxe and an EVGA 9800GTX and I cannot for the life of me with all kinds of BIOS settings and the latest 175.16 nvidia drivers get that freakin' little green boomerang icon to appear in the system tray. Hence I cannot enable hybrid and utilize one of the main reasons I spent the big bucks on this board and configuration. What's the deal???

Posted 06/04/2008 07:08 AM   
yeah same here cant get it working and i tried cleaning my drivers and reinstalling both but it still doesnt work
yeah same here cant get it working and i tried cleaning my drivers and reinstalling both but it still doesnt work

Posted 06/04/2008 01:13 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top