warning: Have option ROM can not be invoke (Vendor ID: 1095h, Device ID:3132h)
Yes believe it or not, this grammatically questionable statement is the error I have received after creating an intel RAID 0 array on the Motherboard whilst having my Adaptec card also installed. (EVGA 790i ultra bytheway)

The manifestation of this error is the inability to subsequently access the Adaptec's RAID configuration utility, though I can access the on-board intel utility. It is not the end of the world as I can workaround this by disabling RAID in the PC bios, which then allows me to access the Adaptec card. Recreating the array in PC Bios after having completed configuration in the Adaptec's menu then allows things to work fairly succesfully, and windows has no trouble recognising the Adaptec array once the drivers are loaded even though this error message persists in boot up.

The error message is however slightly disconcerting, and as a perfectionist (for the most part) I don't like seeing error messages in my BIOS.

So after a long explanation I have a couple of questions.

1. where can I get previous versions of the EVGA bios. Unlike the Asus site, they only seem to offer the latest version of BIOS updates and not earlier ones.

2. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, do you have any insight that may enlighten me as to resolution.
Yes believe it or not, this grammatically questionable statement is the error I have received after creating an intel RAID 0 array on the Motherboard whilst having my Adaptec card also installed. (EVGA 790i ultra bytheway)

The manifestation of this error is the inability to subsequently access the Adaptec's RAID configuration utility, though I can access the on-board intel utility. It is not the end of the world as I can workaround this by disabling RAID in the PC bios, which then allows me to access the Adaptec card. Recreating the array in PC Bios after having completed configuration in the Adaptec's menu then allows things to work fairly succesfully, and windows has no trouble recognising the Adaptec array once the drivers are loaded even though this error message persists in boot up.

The error message is however slightly disconcerting, and as a perfectionist (for the most part) I don't like seeing error messages in my BIOS.

So after a long explanation I have a couple of questions.

1. where can I get previous versions of the EVGA bios. Unlike the Asus site, they only seem to offer the latest version of BIOS updates and not earlier ones.

2. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, do you have any insight that may enlighten me as to resolution.

Never argue with an idiot; they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

2 x Asus 8800GTX -TUFF
Thermaltake duorb VGA cooling - COOOL
2GB Samsung -DDR3 1333 - OK
Intel Q6600 quad - WICKED
EVGA 790i - DISSAPOINTING
Modified Lian-Li V2000A - BAD
Adaptec 3805 sas/sata raid - BLITZING
10 x seagate 250GB 16mbuffer barracuda drives. 2 x 250 raid 0, 8 x 250 raid 5 -THE BOMB
OCZ 850w gameXstream. - AWESOME
2 x optical - HMM
...and a whole lot of other sh*t I can't be bothered to mention!

Posted 05/01/2008 02:33 PM   
The way a raid bios is invoked (that is, accessed) is by "calling" or "running" a particular spot in the memory map of the computer that just so happens to be the bios chip in that raid adapter, most of these have a fixed address, most companies are careful not to tread on anthers toes, but it looks like the adaptec controller or the intel one are trying to use the same area of memory, the system bios tells them to be nice and get their own, but their initialisation still points to the old bit of memory.

Best bet is submitting it as a bug to EVGA to deal with, hopefully they will have a new bios out to fix that problem.

Oh, and for the P03 bios... [url="ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/NF79_P03.exe"]ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/NF79_P03.exe[/url]
The way a raid bios is invoked (that is, accessed) is by "calling" or "running" a particular spot in the memory map of the computer that just so happens to be the bios chip in that raid adapter, most of these have a fixed address, most companies are careful not to tread on anthers toes, but it looks like the adaptec controller or the intel one are trying to use the same area of memory, the system bios tells them to be nice and get their own, but their initialisation still points to the old bit of memory.

Best bet is submitting it as a bug to EVGA to deal with, hopefully they will have a new bios out to fix that problem.

Oh, and for the P03 bios... ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/NF79_P03.exe

Posted 05/01/2008 11:00 PM   
Yeah thanks Damage. I have been researching this issue, and your right it is definately memory related, though from what I have found it seems to stem from an inadequate amount of memory available for the cards to load rather than specific address issues. I am not sure how memory is utilised at this early boot stage, but the reccommedations are to disable all unecessary devices and in the case of certain MB's any raid devices not being used in the BIOS, this sometimes liberates enough memory space for the card to be loaded properly. This didn't work for me unfortunately, though in truth there are only a couple or so devices I don't use.

This is definately not limited to any particular Motherbaord manufacturer, as I have encountered this in nearly all major motherboard forums with raid card setups similar to my own. As far as I can tell the results when implementing the changes above seem to have about 50/50 success rate, while BIOS updates also seem to provide some resolution, though less frequently.

The workaround I have used seems to be the stanadard way of dealing with the issue if the aforementioned attempts fail, but again, it is perfectly acceptable for me. I will as you suggest, report the issue to EVGA. By the way, I tried P03 & P04 and while P04 has certainly improved features in many other areas, none of the updates have remedied the issue.

Cheers.
Yeah thanks Damage. I have been researching this issue, and your right it is definately memory related, though from what I have found it seems to stem from an inadequate amount of memory available for the cards to load rather than specific address issues. I am not sure how memory is utilised at this early boot stage, but the reccommedations are to disable all unecessary devices and in the case of certain MB's any raid devices not being used in the BIOS, this sometimes liberates enough memory space for the card to be loaded properly. This didn't work for me unfortunately, though in truth there are only a couple or so devices I don't use.

This is definately not limited to any particular Motherbaord manufacturer, as I have encountered this in nearly all major motherboard forums with raid card setups similar to my own. As far as I can tell the results when implementing the changes above seem to have about 50/50 success rate, while BIOS updates also seem to provide some resolution, though less frequently.

The workaround I have used seems to be the stanadard way of dealing with the issue if the aforementioned attempts fail, but again, it is perfectly acceptable for me. I will as you suggest, report the issue to EVGA. By the way, I tried P03 & P04 and while P04 has certainly improved features in many other areas, none of the updates have remedied the issue.

Cheers.

Never argue with an idiot; they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

2 x Asus 8800GTX -TUFF
Thermaltake duorb VGA cooling - COOOL
2GB Samsung -DDR3 1333 - OK
Intel Q6600 quad - WICKED
EVGA 790i - DISSAPOINTING
Modified Lian-Li V2000A - BAD
Adaptec 3805 sas/sata raid - BLITZING
10 x seagate 250GB 16mbuffer barracuda drives. 2 x 250 raid 0, 8 x 250 raid 5 -THE BOMB
OCZ 850w gameXstream. - AWESOME
2 x optical - HMM
...and a whole lot of other sh*t I can't be bothered to mention!

Posted 05/02/2008 09:26 AM   
I fixed this on my MSI board by restoring optimized defaults in the BIOS. Prior to that I could not for the life of me clear the error message. Just a heads up for anyone else that stumbles on this from 'teh googles.
I fixed this on my MSI board by restoring optimized defaults in the BIOS. Prior to that I could not for the life of me clear the error message. Just a heads up for anyone else that stumbles on this from 'teh googles.

Posted 01/09/2009 06:16 AM   
Nice to see you're back after a long time Jimscreechy. Last ime I heard you went single card, but looks like you've upgraded. But what makes the EVGA 790i disappointing? My EVGA 790i Ultra SLI exceeds my expectations, especially with the QX9770 sitting in the LGA775 socket.

Is it because of the very slow DDR3 you've chosen?
Nice to see you're back after a long time Jimscreechy. Last ime I heard you went single card, but looks like you've upgraded. But what makes the EVGA 790i disappointing? My EVGA 790i Ultra SLI exceeds my expectations, especially with the QX9770 sitting in the LGA775 socket.

Is it because of the very slow DDR3 you've chosen?

Posted 01/09/2009 07:41 PM   
I had the same problem, and solved disabling the USB LEGACY SUPPORT option under BIOS. My MB is an ASUS P5N73-AM. I also have a Raid Controller (with a SIL3112 chip), and after free up mem disabling this option, everithing was fine again.

Enabling this option will be usefull if you want to use USB memory sticks under MSDOS (or similar). No problem under Windows.

I hope this could help you ;)
I had the same problem, and solved disabling the USB LEGACY SUPPORT option under BIOS. My MB is an ASUS P5N73-AM. I also have a Raid Controller (with a SIL3112 chip), and after free up mem disabling this option, everithing was fine again.

Enabling this option will be usefull if you want to use USB memory sticks under MSDOS (or similar). No problem under Windows.

I hope this could help you ;)

Posted 03/15/2009 03:16 AM   
Scroll To Top