nVidia driver removal tool they need this...er...I need this :P
Somehow, I must get rid of the current driver, and no solutions I've tried have worked. My budget is really tight, and I can't buy any software at this moment, and I think nVidia should make it's own driver removal utility for users...imho. Anyone else's thoughts on the matter? /argh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':argh:' />
Somehow, I must get rid of the current driver, and no solutions I've tried have worked. My budget is really tight, and I can't buy any software at this moment, and I think nVidia should make it's own driver removal utility for users...imho. Anyone else's thoughts on the matter? /argh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':argh:' />

Posted 02/13/2008 07:38 PM   
There are free 3rd party software that can do this.
Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner Pro

To use these, you first uninstall the current drivers. Reboot.
Then run either one of the 2 programs listed above removing [color="red"][b]only[/b][/color] nVidia display. I prefer to do this step in safe mode.
Then install the new drivers. Reboot.

Then run either one of the 2 programs listed above removing only nVidia display. I prefer to do this step in safe mode.

eVGA Z68 SLI | Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i
8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 | OCZ ZX 1000W
OCZ Agility3 120 GB SSD + SanDisk Ultra 120GB SSD
Samsung UN55D6000 + Samsung T240
Win8 Pro x64 / WEI - 8.0 - 8.0 - 8.1 - 8.1 - 7.8
3DMark11 - P7545 / Vantage (PPU disabled) - P28859
F@H Team: 142900

Posted 02/13/2008 07:42 PM   
[quote name='bLuDrGn' post='120794' date='Feb 13 2008, 12:42 PM']

Then run either one of the 2 programs listed above removing [color="red"][b]only[/b][/color] nVidia display. I prefer to do this step in safe mode.
[/quote]
Here is what I do.

Uninstall the driver via Add/Remove Programs, before rebooting, delete the NVidia folder from my windows drive. Reboot, install new drivers, presto flamingo. Never not worked for moi ;)
[quote name='bLuDrGn' post='120794' date='Feb 13 2008, 12:42 PM']

Then run either one of the 2 programs listed above removing only nVidia display. I prefer to do this step in safe mode.

Here is what I do.

Uninstall the driver via Add/Remove Programs, before rebooting, delete the NVidia folder from my windows drive. Reboot, install new drivers, presto flamingo. Never not worked for moi ;)

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 02/13/2008 07:55 PM   
Well the third party tool also removes leftover registries.

But yea Goddess's way will work just fine. It is the way I use to do it, until I learned about Driver Sweeper and DCPro. Any real benefits doing it my way, none, just to appease the ODC in me.
Well the third party tool also removes leftover registries.

But yea Goddess's way will work just fine. It is the way I use to do it, until I learned about Driver Sweeper and DCPro. Any real benefits doing it my way, none, just to appease the ODC in me.

eVGA Z68 SLI | Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i
8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 | OCZ ZX 1000W
OCZ Agility3 120 GB SSD + SanDisk Ultra 120GB SSD
Samsung UN55D6000 + Samsung T240
Win8 Pro x64 / WEI - 8.0 - 8.0 - 8.1 - 8.1 - 7.8
3DMark11 - P7545 / Vantage (PPU disabled) - P28859
F@H Team: 142900

Posted 02/13/2008 08:02 PM   
There's another one called CCleaner, remember all driver removal should be done in safe mode.
There's another one called CCleaner, remember all driver removal should be done in safe mode.

When you get up in the morning, ask yourself, "If this was my last day on earth, is what I'm about to do today how I would want spend it?" If the answer is "no" for too many days in a row, you know something has got to change.

Posted 02/13/2008 08:03 PM   
Scroll To Top