How do i know if my motherboard is SLi compatible or not?
How do i know if my motherboard is SLi compatible or not? i am trying to run dual graphic cards. I have a nVidia GeForce 8600GT-DDR3 256MB. I am trying to get another the same new one so i could run dual video cards. Too bad i didnt get my computer yet, then i could tell you wat my motherboard is. Thanks please help ;]
How do i know if my motherboard is SLi compatible or not? i am trying to run dual graphic cards. I have a nVidia GeForce 8600GT-DDR3 256MB. I am trying to get another the same new one so i could run dual video cards. Too bad i didnt get my computer yet, then i could tell you wat my motherboard is. Thanks please help ;]

Posted 02/12/2008 02:34 AM   
It will be an nForce chipset.
It will be an nForce chipset.

Posted 02/12/2008 02:43 AM   
The current equipment in your signature is probably not going to be SLi capable
The current equipment in your signature is probably not going to be SLi capable

Posted 02/12/2008 02:50 AM   
it will be an nforce chipset, now dont get it confused with a motherboard that has an nvidia integretated graphics cards

wanna look for i think nforce, nforce4, nforce 500 series, 600, and 700 series

if it says nvidia6100, then it means it has an integrated graphics card built in and no it does not run sli

edit- and it should say sli right off the bat, i have a feeling you ordered your computer from like dell, or hp perhaps?

those boards dont come with sli
it will be an nforce chipset, now dont get it confused with a motherboard that has an nvidia integretated graphics cards

if it says nvidia6100, then it means it has an integrated graphics card built in and no it does not run sli

edit- and it should say sli right off the bat, i have a feeling you ordered your computer from like dell, or hp perhaps?

Posted 02/12/2008 02:51 AM   
[quote name='cokeiscool' post='119779' date='Feb 11 2008, 09:51 PM']

[/quote]

yup ordered from dell... i didnt wanna customize it cuz i know imma buy the wrong parts by accident
[quote name='cokeiscool' post='119779' date='Feb 11 2008, 09:51 PM']

yup ordered from dell... i didnt wanna customize it cuz i know imma buy the wrong parts by accident

Posted 02/12/2008 02:57 AM   
Well Dell should tell you which mobo your getting...
Well Dell should tell you which mobo your getting...

Posted 02/12/2008 03:01 AM   
oh man those dell boards are never sli

id say get yourself an 8800 GT will work wonders even by itself, most if not all dell motherboards now do have a 16x pci-e slot

im almost 100 percent sure it doesnt have sli
but it will have the 775 chip socket, for the new quads, but no sli

i may be wrong cuz i havent seen the new ones in great detail, this is more from past experience

when you get your computer, it should come with a motherboard instruction book, read what kinda chipset, if its intel which im almost positive it is, it wont be sli
oh man those dell boards are never sli

id say get yourself an 8800 GT will work wonders even by itself, most if not all dell motherboards now do have a 16x pci-e slot

im almost 100 percent sure it doesnt have sli

but it will have the 775 chip socket, for the new quads, but no sli

i may be wrong cuz i havent seen the new ones in great detail, this is more from past experience

when you get your computer, it should come with a motherboard instruction book, read what kinda chipset, if its intel which im almost positive it is, it wont be sli

Posted 02/12/2008 03:45 AM   
[quote name='z0mgNubb' post='119770' date='Feb 12 2008, 02:34 AM']
[/quote]

On the main page of this forum you will find a lot of sections allocated to SLI compatible parts if that is any help. Its not a list as such, just a forum, but Nvidia do have a web page where they list all SLI compatable parts. If you Google it you may find it.
[quote name='z0mgNubb' post='119770' date='Feb 12 2008, 02:34 AM']

On the main page of this forum you will find a lot of sections allocated to SLI compatible parts if that is any help. Its not a list as such, just a forum, but Nvidia do have a web page where they list all SLI compatable parts. If you Google it you may find it.

Posted 02/12/2008 08:36 AM   
Dell typically builds their own motherboards and uses their own propriatery designed hardware (save for the CPU, PSU and other bits)

You should still be able to run the 8800GT or 8800GTS (G92) in that case but check on the Dell forums just to be sure. They have a gaming section over there and those guys can really give you an idea of what to expect from your new system.

Good luck
Dell typically builds their own motherboards and uses their own propriatery designed hardware (save for the CPU, PSU and other bits)

You should still be able to run the 8800GT or 8800GTS (G92) in that case but check on the Dell forums just to be sure. They have a gaming section over there and those guys can really give you an idea of what to expect from your new system.

Good luck

Posted 02/12/2008 01:46 PM   
Scroll To Top