NVIDIA's Policy on Unreleased/Unannounced Product Information
After looking at several threads and posts, I feel that some people may still need to be enlightened on NVIDIA's official position on unreleased or unannounced products: until the product's ultimate debut, technical details and other specifications will not be released to the public for any reason, nor will NVIDIA comment on any content relating to it. Any information about a product that has not yet been released should be disregarded since it is neither official nor guaranteed to be accurate. In case any of you have a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) contract with NVIDIA or any of its affiliates, which I don't believe any of you do, I remind you that revealing undisclosed information about upcoming or unreleased products is in strict violation of your contract and if you are found guilty of doing so, you may face a large fine along with termination of your connections or partnerships with NVIDIA and its affiliates.
After looking at several threads and posts, I feel that some people may still need to be enlightened on NVIDIA's official position on unreleased or unannounced products: until the product's ultimate debut, technical details and other specifications will not be released to the public for any reason, nor will NVIDIA comment on any content relating to it. Any information about a product that has not yet been released should be disregarded since it is neither official nor guaranteed to be accurate. In case any of you have a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) contract with NVIDIA or any of its affiliates, which I don't believe any of you do, I remind you that revealing undisclosed information about upcoming or unreleased products is in strict violation of your contract and if you are found guilty of doing so, you may face a large fine along with termination of your connections or partnerships with NVIDIA and its affiliates.

GeForce Technical Marketing

Posted 01/10/2008 08:22 PM   
Good thing to know. So we can't post any info on upcoming technology if we have a NDA contract with nVidia? Seems fair to me. It is not fair if someone betrays nVidia and gives out the info on their technology. But can we still post information that we get from a site?
Good thing to know. So we can't post any info on upcoming technology if we have a NDA contract with nVidia? Seems fair to me. It is not fair if someone betrays nVidia and gives out the info on their technology. But can we still post information that we get from a site?

Posted 01/11/2008 03:57 AM   
This is like nVidia's disclaimer saying that nothing is official yet, right?

Posted 01/11/2008 04:59 AM   
[quote name='Silent' post='100418' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:57 PM']
[/quote]

Members are able to post links to other websites, but the statement above is to help reduce rumors from being spread. Until the product in question is released, any and all information about it is unofficial and thus cannot be considered accurate.

Those who are bound by an NDA (such as ChrisRay and myself) can still post links to material found on outside websites - not that we would - but him nor I could say that this card will be coming out at this time with the following specifications. The NDA doesn't apply just here, in case that could be misconstrued.

[quote name='asting' post='100455' date='Jan 10 2008, 11:59 PM']
[/quote]

This has always been NVIDIA's policy; with the recent thread surge about allegedly upcoming cards I felt this was a necessary disclaimer to reduce the number of rumors, as I said above.
[quote name='Silent' post='100418' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:57 PM']

Members are able to post links to other websites, but the statement above is to help reduce rumors from being spread. Until the product in question is released, any and all information about it is unofficial and thus cannot be considered accurate.

Those who are bound by an NDA (such as ChrisRay and myself) can still post links to material found on outside websites - not that we would - but him nor I could say that this card will be coming out at this time with the following specifications. The NDA doesn't apply just here, in case that could be misconstrued.

[quote name='asting' post='100455' date='Jan 10 2008, 11:59 PM']

This has always been NVIDIA's policy; with the recent thread surge about allegedly upcoming cards I felt this was a necessary disclaimer to reduce the number of rumors, as I said above.

GeForce Technical Marketing

Posted 01/11/2008 05:19 AM   
It's not so much that "Nothing is official yet". But rather Nvidia just doesnt comment on unreleased products. Whether they exist or don't exist. This has been their company policy for a long time.

So please dont read too far into this thread. As if it is some unofficial confirmation to any of the speculation that goes on here. Just a clear interpretation on this issue.

Chris
It's not so much that "Nothing is official yet". But rather Nvidia just doesnt comment on unreleased products. Whether they exist or don't exist. This has been their company policy for a long time.

So please dont read too far into this thread. As if it is some unofficial confirmation to any of the speculation that goes on here. Just a clear interpretation on this issue.

Chris

Posted 01/25/2008 07:59 PM   
I feel what your saying... Howeverrrrr not everyone plays by the rule book... and people talk ... even ones that work for Nvidia!!! :) Thanks for moving my thread to somewhere I didn't want... You might want to move everyone else s threads that talk about Kepler and gtx600 series to...? GG
I feel what your saying... Howeverrrrr not everyone plays by the rule book... and people talk ... even ones that work for Nvidia!!! :) Thanks for moving my thread to somewhere I didn't want... You might want to move everyone else s threads that talk about Kepler and gtx600 series to...? GG

Posted 02/07/2012 09:41 PM   
That's a big negative. We don't discuss unannounced product without the appropriate non-disclosures. :)

Exitios has been consolidating a lot of the speculative threads about unannounced and unreleased products based on our Kepler GPU architecture to reduce multiplicity and spam. Keeping the conversation consolidated makes the forums much easier to manage and keeps the "information" in an easy to locate place.

Amorphous

[quote name='exodus1337' date='07 February 2012 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1328650917' post='1366572']
[/quote]
That's a big negative. We don't discuss unannounced product without the appropriate non-disclosures. :)

Exitios has been consolidating a lot of the speculative threads about unannounced and unreleased products based on our Kepler GPU architecture to reduce multiplicity and spam. Keeping the conversation consolidated makes the forums much easier to manage and keeps the "information" in an easy to locate place.

Amorphous

[quote name='exodus1337' date='07 February 2012 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1328650917' post='1366572']

NVIDIA | Technical Marketing Manager
GeForce Forums - Special Counsel

Posted 02/10/2012 12:10 AM   
Scroll To Top