Blue Screen Once Sli is Enabled My brain will explode if I have to think anymore.
I have a
gforce nvidia 7600 GT - Manufacturer is BFG
and a
gforce nvidia 7600 GT - Manufacturer is EVGA

I have both cards in correctly and I get the option to enable SLI, but once the apply button is pressed I get a blue screen with
nv4_mini.sys

I have tried beta drivers and old drivers and new drivers, but I still get that blue screen.
Is there a working nv4_mini that somebody can link me to or any fixes? I am in need of serious help
I have a

gforce nvidia 7600 GT - Manufacturer is BFG

and a

gforce nvidia 7600 GT - Manufacturer is EVGA

I have both cards in correctly and I get the option to enable SLI, but once the apply button is pressed I get a blue screen with

nv4_mini.sys

I have tried beta drivers and old drivers and new drivers, but I still get that blue screen.

Is there a working nv4_mini that somebody can link me to or any fixes? I am in need of serious help

Posted 01/05/2008 04:14 AM   
Help?
Help?

Posted 01/05/2008 05:04 PM   
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD?

Posted 01/05/2008 05:19 PM   
Dude that file is part of the drivers themselves..

no need to download it...

But unless you post full system specs when asking for help its hard for us to detect possible hardware issues that you are unaware of..

For now...

Go to www.guru3d.com

download an application called Drivercleaner and install it.

Before you try anything.....

I suggest you download from the same site an older set of drivers (non beta)..
Look for latest version in the 158.xx series

Now restart into safe mode....

Go addremove and uninstall your VGA drivers but DO NOT restart

Now run the drivercleaner...and as soon as its open look in the list and select the nvidia drivers (carefull not to select nforce chipset)
Hit "CLEAN"..and wait a couple of mins..
After its done close it..
Now go to C:/nvidia and delete the whole file (this holds backups of all the drivers you install...we dont want it )

Now reboot in Normal Mode and install drivers...

OK this is HOW to install fresh drivers everytime....its a safe and sure method of a clean driver install......

Do this and if you still have trouble come back and we go for the next step..

[quote name='Dell Boi' post='97200' date='Jan 5 2008, 07:19 PM']
[/quote]

Yeah..

But it could be anything from a corrupt driver install to small pagefile...to IRQ (usb) issue...to ram issue...

So unless he posts his specs im not going to speculate...thats why we start with drivers first... :wink:
Dude that file is part of the drivers themselves..

no need to download it...

But unless you post full system specs when asking for help its hard for us to detect possible hardware issues that you are unaware of..

For now...

Go to www.guru3d.com

download an application called Drivercleaner and install it.

Before you try anything.....

I suggest you download from the same site an older set of drivers (non beta)..

Look for latest version in the 158.xx series

Now restart into safe mode....

Go addremove and uninstall your VGA drivers but DO NOT restart

Now run the drivercleaner...and as soon as its open look in the list and select the nvidia drivers (carefull not to select nforce chipset)

Hit "CLEAN"..and wait a couple of mins..

After its done close it..

Now go to C:/nvidia and delete the whole file (this holds backups of all the drivers you install...we dont want it )

Now reboot in Normal Mode and install drivers...

OK this is HOW to install fresh drivers everytime....its a safe and sure method of a clean driver install......

Do this and if you still have trouble come back and we go for the next step..

[quote name='Dell Boi' post='97200' date='Jan 5 2008, 07:19 PM']

Yeah..

But it could be anything from a corrupt driver install to small pagefile...to IRQ (usb) issue...to ram issue...

So unless he posts his specs im not going to speculate...thats why we start with drivers first... :wink:

Posted 01/05/2008 05:38 PM   
Haha yeah, just an assumption :)

I never knew IRQ was a USB issue?

Posted 01/05/2008 05:46 PM   
[quote name='Dell Boi' post='97216' date='Jan 5 2008, 07:46 PM']

[/quote]

Well it isnt allways just in this case a possibility...

Its obvious that we have a strong possibility of a conflict or lack of resources...but unless we start with something stable (drivers) i cant move to see the next thing in line...

Second step is to see how much Ram he has and then make sure his pagefile is set correctly...

Your page file should be set manually to at least HALF of the amount of Ram you have... (example:..2gb ram= 3gb Page file min. )

Other issues for pagefile issues would be a really fragmented HDD...a simple Defrag and poof...problem solved.. But page file isnt defragmented like that...

Here we do a little trick by setting page file ,rebooting and setting it again,,,.........this way windows deletes it and sets up a new one each time.....
[quote name='Dell Boi' post='97216' date='Jan 5 2008, 07:46 PM']

Well it isnt allways just in this case a possibility...

Its obvious that we have a strong possibility of a conflict or lack of resources...but unless we start with something stable (drivers) i cant move to see the next thing in line...

Second step is to see how much Ram he has and then make sure his pagefile is set correctly...

Your page file should be set manually to at least HALF of the amount of Ram you have... (example:..2gb ram= 3gb Page file min. )

Other issues for pagefile issues would be a really fragmented HDD...a simple Defrag and poof...problem solved.. But page file isnt defragmented like that...

Here we do a little trick by setting page file ,rebooting and setting it again,,,.........this way windows deletes it and sets up a new one each time.....

Posted 01/05/2008 05:53 PM   
Scroll To Top