Octo-SLI
Some computer engineers at my university recently took 4 7900GX2's and placed them onto a a Gigabyte Quad Royal SLI board which has 4x PCI-E slots. They ran some benchmarks and interestingly enough using a hacked driver were able to get nearly 150fps on the COD4 1.4 patch.

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/nymosis/Quad_SLI_5.jpg[/img]
Some computer engineers at my university recently took 4 7900GX2's and placed them onto a a Gigabyte Quad Royal SLI board which has 4x PCI-E slots. They ran some benchmarks and interestingly enough using a hacked driver were able to get nearly 150fps on the COD4 1.4 patch.

When you get up in the morning, ask yourself, "If this was my last day on earth, is what I'm about to do today how I would want spend it?" If the answer is "no" for too many days in a row, you know something has got to change.

Posted 12/26/2007 07:01 AM   
oooo neatsum

and welcome to teh forumz btw Nymosis :closedeyes: :happy:

i had the impression that computer engineers didnt work on actual computers tho /spaz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':spaz:' />

liek they worked on computers in electronic devices like Ipods and Nav systems and cars and such

they work on actual computers?

i may rethink my major... /spaz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':spaz:' /> :closedeyes: :happy:

cuz theres a very nice scool here called MSOE that haz a computer engineering major

Octo SLI az in? ^_^
oooo neatsum

and welcome to teh forumz btw Nymosis :closedeyes: :happy:

i had the impression that computer engineers didnt work on actual computers tho /spaz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':spaz:' />

liek they worked on computers in electronic devices like Ipods and Nav systems and cars and such

they work on actual computers?

i may rethink my major... /spaz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':spaz:' /> :closedeyes: :happy:

cuz theres a very nice scool here called MSOE that haz a computer engineering major

Octo SLI az in? ^_^

Posted 12/26/2007 07:05 AM   
looks like theres 8 cards there, hence octo?

lolz :closedeyes:
looks like theres 8 cards there, hence octo?

lolz :closedeyes:

Posted 12/26/2007 08:03 AM   
Scroll To Top