need advice on mother board onboard sound
is there any one using Asus P5N32-E SLI Nforce680i or Asus Striker Extreme Nforce 680i SLI with the on board sound is it good for games and 5.1 sound or should i use my Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic Soundcard
thanks
is there any one using Asus P5N32-E SLI Nforce680i or Asus Striker Extreme Nforce 680i SLI with the on board sound is it good for games and 5.1 sound or should i use my Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic Soundcard

thanks

Posted 01/25/2007 02:18 AM   
It really depends on how great of sound you want. Onboard sound will obvisoly never be as good because a sound card has its own processor. If you use the creative sound cards, which sound amazing and i heard the Xtreme series are beastly crispsound, youll have way crispersound, and probably a boost in FPS. (according to some people it hasn't work for them too well, but it did give them an extra 1-3 fps with amazingly crisp sound) Just make sure you have passive coolers in your case because it will get fried in no time if you SLi the 8 series and have that card in between
It really depends on how great of sound you want. Onboard sound will obvisoly never be as good because a sound card has its own processor. If you use the creative sound cards, which sound amazing and i heard the Xtreme series are beastly crispsound, youll have way crispersound, and probably a boost in FPS. (according to some people it hasn't work for them too well, but it did give them an extra 1-3 fps with amazingly crisp sound) Just make sure you have passive coolers in your case because it will get fried in no time if you SLi the 8 series and have that card in between

Posted 01/25/2007 04:11 AM   
ok thanks what type of games do you play with your 8800 GTS do have any issues or it all plays good, what about some old pc games like BF 1942 and delta force series games and ground control 2, IGI 2 anything like that you have will it play good on 8800 GTS. i have you played return to castle wolfenstine on 8800GTS
IM only asking cause ive heard others have had artifects in the games they play
ok thanks what type of games do you play with your 8800 GTS do have any issues or it all plays good, what about some old pc games like BF 1942 and delta force series games and ground control 2, IGI 2 anything like that you have will it play good on 8800 GTS. i have you played return to castle wolfenstine on 8800GTS

IM only asking cause ive heard others have had artifects in the games they play

Posted 01/25/2007 02:55 PM   
Actually i don't have the card, its just under my list in future setups. I've done an amazing amount of research on the card and the future dx 10 cards. I never heard of anyone with trouble with the 8800GTS besides if you overclock it to its max (and this person had Dry ice cooling) instead of artifacts, he got a rather more bubbly rainbow effect on some sides of the monitor. The cards are amazing and the worst i ever heard which would be like 5-10 DOA's. thats not much at all if you include every single piece of reasearch i done on this card. Trust me it will be able to run any game you ever wanted. (maybe some GPU chipset users with old games but its not too common
Actually i don't have the card, its just under my list in future setups. I've done an amazing amount of research on the card and the future dx 10 cards. I never heard of anyone with trouble with the 8800GTS besides if you overclock it to its max (and this person had Dry ice cooling) instead of artifacts, he got a rather more bubbly rainbow effect on some sides of the monitor. The cards are amazing and the worst i ever heard which would be like 5-10 DOA's. thats not much at all if you include every single piece of reasearch i done on this card. Trust me it will be able to run any game you ever wanted. (maybe some GPU chipset users with old games but its not too common

Posted 01/25/2007 09:46 PM   
The Asus Striker, is the worst motherboard there is. They charge u 150$ extra for a few extra useless features like a 1" single-color LCD on the back.

I would go with the eVGA 680i SLi motherboard, or just the cheapest 680i SLi motherboard u can find on Newegg.com.
The Asus Striker, is the worst motherboard there is. They charge u 150$ extra for a few extra useless features like a 1" single-color LCD on the back.

I would go with the eVGA 680i SLi motherboard, or just the cheapest 680i SLi motherboard u can find on Newegg.com.

Posted 01/25/2007 11:05 PM   
dude, read reviews on the asus, even though it has some BIOS problems (as do all motherboards on there first launch) once it works, it has alot better overclocking, and higher support on future things i belive (not interlly sure about that) it has better cooling for the north bridge, a alot more other features.
dude, read reviews on the asus, even though it has some BIOS problems (as do all motherboards on there first launch) once it works, it has alot better overclocking, and higher support on future things i belive (not interlly sure about that) it has better cooling for the north bridge, a alot more other features.

Posted 01/26/2007 03:02 AM   
Scroll To Top