All profiles Missing and nHancer gives error...
Okay, everything was working fine. I decided to install Unreal Tournement 2004 (UT2004) to see how it plays on this new beast.

There is an issue in the game when playing multiplayer online (never connects on map changes). The only thing I can figure out is the fact that this computer came with a software firewall (PC-cillin). I've been playing with the firewall settings enabling/disabling, adding ports, etc. The only other thing I could think of was that I set the game to 8xS AA, and 16x AF - game runs beautifully and fast!!

Even after playing with the firewall I coud never stay connected with the server changed maps, so I was going to set the AA and AF setting back to "application" just to see if that would work, and to my horror - All the profiles are gone!

You can see in the screenshots, all the profiles are gone, and when I try to launch nHancer, I get the error message below: Error reading the profile file: There is an XML document (1,2). Please make sure that you have rebooted your maching after installing a new driver!

This PC has been rebooted MANY times since the driver was installed about two weeks ago.

I can not get nHancer (version 1.2.2) to run so I can even import/reset the profiles.

[attachment=24:attachment] [attachment=25:attachment]
Okay, everything was working fine. I decided to install Unreal Tournement 2004 (UT2004) to see how it plays on this new beast.

There is an issue in the game when playing multiplayer online (never connects on map changes). The only thing I can figure out is the fact that this computer came with a software firewall (PC-cillin). I've been playing with the firewall settings enabling/disabling, adding ports, etc. The only other thing I could think of was that I set the game to 8xS AA, and 16x AF - game runs beautifully and fast!!

Even after playing with the firewall I coud never stay connected with the server changed maps, so I was going to set the AA and AF setting back to "application" just to see if that would work, and to my horror - All the profiles are gone!

You can see in the screenshots, all the profiles are gone, and when I try to launch nHancer, I get the error message below: Error reading the profile file: There is an XML document (1,2). Please make sure that you have rebooted your maching after installing a new driver!

This PC has been rebooted MANY times since the driver was installed about two weeks ago.

I can not get nHancer (version 1.2.2) to run so I can even import/reset the profiles.

[attachment=24:attachment] [attachment=25:attachment]

Posted 11/28/2006 01:17 AM   
Update: that same night...

Thank goodness for nHancer....

While I don't know what caused all my profiles to go AWAL, when I installed the Beta 2 version of nHancer, it could tell something was up and instantly promtped me to reimport all the profiles (from the backup that version 1 created).

Everything is back to normal now.
Update: that same night...

Thank goodness for nHancer....

While I don't know what caused all my profiles to go AWAL, when I installed the Beta 2 version of nHancer, it could tell something was up and instantly promtped me to reimport all the profiles (from the backup that version 1 created).

Everything is back to normal now.

Posted 12/01/2006 03:58 PM   
Scroll To Top