How do I stop this pop up?
Every time I turn on my computer, I get a pop up that states SLI is unavailable because I only have one GeForce 7800 GS video card. I have no intention of buying another card, but I can't disable this aggravating pop up. How do I stop it?
Every time I turn on my computer, I get a pop up that states SLI is unavailable because I only have one GeForce 7800 GS video card. I have no intention of buying another card, but I can't disable this aggravating pop up. How do I stop it?

Posted 11/23/2006 11:43 PM   
Usually best to check the nvidia.com knowledge base first, this is the second most popular entry atm....

[url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=760&p_created=1137546131&p_sid=MJ5Z1qni&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD00MzcmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX2ZubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1"]Clicky[/url]
Usually best to check the nvidia.com knowledge base first, this is the second most popular entry atm....

Clicky

Posted 11/24/2006 12:47 AM   
Install the latest Forceware Drivers and look in the NVIDIA control panel somewhere. Should be in there
Install the latest Forceware Drivers and look in the NVIDIA control panel somewhere. Should be in there

Posted 11/24/2006 02:03 AM   
[quote name='Annoyed' post='1044' date='Nov 23 2006, 03:43 PM']
[/quote]

Hi, I too get that stupid pop up and can so far find no way of making it go away. Just because of that damn thing I'd not buy another nvidia card or tell anyone else to. Did you get an answer of how to get rid of it yet? Please let me know, thank you. Also to the makers of this sight, your drop downs that are transparent make themselves difficult to read. I hope you are getting some business from that pop up cause I'd not purchase another item from you if you must include things in your product that the average person can't remove and finds a pain in the butt.

[quote name='habicabi' post='1052' date='Nov 23 2006, 06:03 PM']
[/quote]

This is a bunch of bull to have to go through to get rid of a marketing pop-up and it's not in the menu anywhere.
[quote name='Annoyed' post='1044' date='Nov 23 2006, 03:43 PM']

Hi, I too get that stupid pop up and can so far find no way of making it go away. Just because of that damn thing I'd not buy another nvidia card or tell anyone else to. Did you get an answer of how to get rid of it yet? Please let me know, thank you. Also to the makers of this sight, your drop downs that are transparent make themselves difficult to read. I hope you are getting some business from that pop up cause I'd not purchase another item from you if you must include things in your product that the average person can't remove and finds a pain in the butt.

[quote name='habicabi' post='1052' date='Nov 23 2006, 06:03 PM']

This is a bunch of bull to have to go through to get rid of a marketing pop-up and it's not in the menu anywhere.

Posted 11/30/2006 01:35 AM   
It isn't a marketing pop-up, it's simply a glitch. Just install the latest forceware drivers and it will go away, so stop complaining.
It isn't a marketing pop-up, it's simply a glitch. Just install the latest forceware drivers and it will go away, so stop complaining.

Posted 11/30/2006 02:37 AM   
:biggrin: This pop-up has been a a pain since I installed my nVidia 6800 GS card. I took the advice found under this topic and installed the latest n-Force drivers. The pop-up no longer occurs.
:biggrin: This pop-up has been a a pain since I installed my nVidia 6800 GS card. I took the advice found under this topic and installed the latest n-Force drivers. The pop-up no longer occurs.

Posted 12/03/2006 06:32 PM   
Scroll To Top