IM tray popups take DX10 games out of fullscreen Windows 7 x64
I'm running Windows 7 RTM 64 bit and this problem has persisted throughout the last 3 months and not been addressed by driver updates. IM tray popups from yahoo messenger or msn that a user has signed on or off pull some games out of fullscreen. The one I had noticed are PCSX2 emulator WHEN running a DX10 plugin. But now I installed Resident Evil 5 and it's giving me the same problem. When run in fullscreen DX10 as much as a system tray signin popup is able to pull the game into maximized with the taskbar on top. Disabling desktop composition and visual themes did not help. The only way to fix it is to minimize it and re-maximize it from the taskbar everytime it does that, and this takes a few seconds, it can happen during the heat of the game and needless to say it is very annoying. Does anyone know a solution or the cause of this? My graphics card is a 9600GT.
I'm running Windows 7 RTM 64 bit and this problem has persisted throughout the last 3 months and not been addressed by driver updates. IM tray popups from yahoo messenger or msn that a user has signed on or off pull some games out of fullscreen. The one I had noticed are PCSX2 emulator WHEN running a DX10 plugin. But now I installed Resident Evil 5 and it's giving me the same problem. When run in fullscreen DX10 as much as a system tray signin popup is able to pull the game into maximized with the taskbar on top. Disabling desktop composition and visual themes did not help. The only way to fix it is to minimize it and re-maximize it from the taskbar everytime it does that, and this takes a few seconds, it can happen during the heat of the game and needless to say it is very annoying. Does anyone know a solution or the cause of this? My graphics card is a 9600GT.

Posted 10/18/2009 07:27 PM   
Scroll To Top