NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller Driver Issue
Hi all,

I have Windows 7 installed and device manager shows 2x NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller Driver Issue. One of these is in use and upgrades to 11.1.0.23.

They both install 10.6.0.16 when detected in Windows by default.

The spare controller which is not in use refuses to upgrade to 11.1.0.23, can anyone tell me why this might be?

If any further information is needed please let me know.

Thanks kindly,

LF
Hi all,

I have Windows 7 installed and device manager shows 2x NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller Driver Issue. One of these is in use and upgrades to 11.1.0.23.

The spare controller which is not in use refuses to upgrade to 11.1.0.23, can anyone tell me why this might be?

Thanks kindly,

LF

Posted 10/14/2009 02:50 PM   
[quote name='L0rdF1end' post='600827' date='Oct 14 2009, 07:50 AM']Hi all,

Thanks kindly,

LF[/quote]

I just posted information comparing the Microsoft drivers to the nForce drivers. I was using the same driver as you and just switched based on my research, see this page, look at the benchmarks and read the information:

[url="http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54853&page=2"]http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/sh...4853&page=2[/url]
[quote name='L0rdF1end' post='600827' date='Oct 14 2009, 07:50 AM']Hi all,

Thanks kindly,

LF

I just posted information comparing the Microsoft drivers to the nForce drivers. I was using the same driver as you and just switched based on my research, see this page, look at the benchmarks and read the information:

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/sh...4853&page=2

Posted 10/14/2009 04:52 PM   
[quote name='patsurfs' post='600880' date='Oct 14 2009, 05:52 PM']I just posted information comparing the Microsoft drivers to the nForce drivers. I was using the same driver as you and just switched based on my research, see this page, look at the benchmarks and read the information:

[url="http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54853&page=2"]http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/sh...4853&page=2[/url][/quote]

Hey and thanks for the information.

So we attempted to switch to the Windows drivers as these show a good increase in performance as shown from the tests done within the information supplied in the links provided. I followed these steps...

The second tweak is changing the Nvidia driver to the Microsoft one. Go to Device Manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. You should see the device 'NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller', or maybe a few of them depending on how many devices you have installed. Go to properties on each one and for every Vertex drive, do the following. Go to Driver -> Update Driver -> 'Install from a specific list or location (Advanced)' -> 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.' Select 'Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller' and click 'Next'. Click 'Finish' and reboot.

This leads me to the error message which refuses to allow me to upgrade the drivers.

Update Driver Software - Nvidia nForce Serial ATA Controller

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attmepting to install it.

NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller.

"The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device"

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software.

Is there anything specifially we need to do to allow the switch over to the Windows drivers?

Thanks,

LF
[quote name='patsurfs' post='600880' date='Oct 14 2009, 05:52 PM']I just posted information comparing the Microsoft drivers to the nForce drivers. I was using the same driver as you and just switched based on my research, see this page, look at the benchmarks and read the information:

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/sh...4853&page=2

Hey and thanks for the information.

So we attempted to switch to the Windows drivers as these show a good increase in performance as shown from the tests done within the information supplied in the links provided. I followed these steps...

The second tweak is changing the Nvidia driver to the Microsoft one. Go to Device Manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. You should see the device 'NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller', or maybe a few of them depending on how many devices you have installed. Go to properties on each one and for every Vertex drive, do the following. Go to Driver -> Update Driver -> 'Install from a specific list or location (Advanced)' -> 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.' Select 'Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller' and click 'Next'. Click 'Finish' and reboot.

This leads me to the error message which refuses to allow me to upgrade the drivers.

Update Driver Software - Nvidia nForce Serial ATA Controller

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attmepting to install it.

NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller.

"The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device"

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software.

Is there anything specifially we need to do to allow the switch over to the Windows drivers?

Thanks,

LF

Posted 10/26/2009 11:37 AM   
[quote name='L0rdF1end' post='605371' date='Oct 26 2009, 01:37 PM']Is there anything specifially we need to do to allow the switch over to the Windows drivers?[/quote]The SATA/IDE driver switch by replacing the special third party SATA Controller (example: NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller) by the MS "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" within the Device Manager is always possible [b]unless the RAID or AHCI Mode has been enabled within the mainboard BIOS[/b]. In both cases you will not be able anymore to boot into the OS after having switched the SATA/IDE drivers.
[quote name='L0rdF1end' post='605371' date='Oct 26 2009, 01:37 PM']Is there anything specifially we need to do to allow the switch over to the Windows drivers?The SATA/IDE driver switch by replacing the special third party SATA Controller (example: NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller) by the MS "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" within the Device Manager is always possible unless the RAID or AHCI Mode has been enabled within the mainboard BIOS. In both cases you will not be able anymore to boot into the OS after having switched the SATA/IDE drivers.

Posted 10/26/2009 12:56 PM   
Scroll To Top