Driver for "coprocessor" is missing.
Hi all,

i bought an NVIDIA ION Mainboard (Zotac ION ITX A) today.
I installed Windows 7 X64 and downloaded the specific ION CHIPSET drivers from the nvidia homepage (Version 15.51).
Then i saw that there is only a 32bit driver for this chipset, is that correct?

Graphic and Sound drivers are available for X64.

When i installed the driver it just installed the SMU-driver ... nothing more.

If i check the device manager i'm now missing the "coprocessor" (see attachment).
Do you know where i can get that driver from?

I expected to get this installed by the ion chipset driver, but maybe its not working on my x64 system as it is marked as 32bit on the nvidia homepage.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Stefan
Hi all,

i bought an NVIDIA ION Mainboard (Zotac ION ITX A) today.

I installed Windows 7 X64 and downloaded the specific ION CHIPSET drivers from the nvidia homepage (Version 15.51).

Then i saw that there is only a 32bit driver for this chipset, is that correct?

Graphic and Sound drivers are available for X64.

When i installed the driver it just installed the SMU-driver ... nothing more.

If i check the device manager i'm now missing the "coprocessor" (see attachment).

Do you know where i can get that driver from?

I expected to get this installed by the ion chipset driver, but maybe its not working on my x64 system as it is marked as 32bit on the nvidia homepage.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Stefan

Posted 10/09/2009 06:41 PM   
Was this the [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win7_64bit_15.37.html"]drivers[/url] you downloaded?
Was this the drivers you downloaded?

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Only a fool leaves a driver in place that they know caused a problem.

Feel free to PM me if I stop responding :)

Posted 10/09/2009 07:59 PM   
You may have done this already, but did you also install the latest geforce drivers?

Whenever I do a fresh OS install without say a manufacturer driver CD, I usually go to the motherboard manufacturer's support section and download all the related drivers and install them. Usually this resolves any errors that show up in the Device Manager due to missing drivers.

**Update** Just checked the ZOTAC website, and found the ION Chipset drivers for Win7 64 bit. Here is the direct [url="http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=182&Itemid=100032&lang=en"]link[/url]. Or you can check the general download section for your motherboard [url="http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=124&Itemid=100032&lang=en"]here[/url].

Although the ones you installed were released on 10/05/2009, they are for [i]32 bit only[/i]. I'm guessing Nvidia is still working on the 64 bit drivers, and will most likely have them posted within a week or two. I think that's a pretty safe assumption since the latest 32 bit drivers were just released on 10/05/2009. The drivers listed on Zotac's site were posted on 9/25/2009, which seem to be the latest [i]64 bit[/i] ones for the time being.

Hope that helps.
You may have done this already, but did you also install the latest geforce drivers?

Whenever I do a fresh OS install without say a manufacturer driver CD, I usually go to the motherboard manufacturer's support section and download all the related drivers and install them. Usually this resolves any errors that show up in the Device Manager due to missing drivers.

**Update** Just checked the ZOTAC website, and found the ION Chipset drivers for Win7 64 bit. Here is the direct link. Or you can check the general download section for your motherboard here.

Although the ones you installed were released on 10/05/2009, they are for 32 bit only. I'm guessing Nvidia is still working on the 64 bit drivers, and will most likely have them posted within a week or two. I think that's a pretty safe assumption since the latest 32 bit drivers were just released on 10/05/2009. The drivers listed on Zotac's site were posted on 9/25/2009, which seem to be the latest 64 bit ones for the time being.

Hope that helps.

Posted 10/09/2009 10:47 PM   
Wow I just figured out what is going on. Nvidia is creating confusion (hopefully unintentionally) by NOT showing the Win7 64 bit drivers...when you search for Win 7 64 bit drivers. Instead when you search for Windows Vista 64 bit drivers, you'll see the driver package that supports both Vista 64 bit and Win7 64 bit :huh:

Here is the [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_64bit_ion_15.51.html"]link[/url]. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
Wow I just figured out what is going on. Nvidia is creating confusion (hopefully unintentionally) by NOT showing the Win7 64 bit drivers...when you search for Win 7 64 bit drivers. Instead when you search for Windows Vista 64 bit drivers, you'll see the driver package that supports both Vista 64 bit and Win7 64 bit :huh:

Here is the link. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 10/09/2009 11:29 PM   
Hi great thanks for all your help especially spoolindsm127 :-)

I used the drivers from the ZOTAC homepage and everything is working fine now.
Hopefully NVIDIA will change something so that you can find the Windows 7 X64 drivers in a better way ;-)

Thanks again for your quick help.

Cheers

Stefan
Hi great thanks for all your help especially spoolindsm127 :-)

Hopefully NVIDIA will change something so that you can find the Windows 7 X64 drivers in a better way ;-)

Cheers

Stefan

Posted 10/10/2009 05:43 AM   
[quote name='chappy-hd' post='598932' date='Oct 10 2009, 06:43 AM']Hi great thanks for all your help especially spoolindsm127 :-)

Cheers

Stefan[/quote]

No problem sir glad I can help :)

Do you know what version the drivers from Zotac's site are? Did you try installing the ones from [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_64bit_ion_15.51.html"]this[/url] link, or did those give you trouble?

The drivers on Zotac's site were posted on 9/25/2009, while the ones on nvidia ([url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_64bit_ion_15.51.html"]15.51[/url]) were released on 10/05/2009. I'd suggest you go with the latest drivers from nvidia. I mean since we went through the trouble to find them I say why not. I'm sure there were some improvements made that would be worth taking advantage of.

I don't know about you but I am very particular about having the latest drivers. If you have the nvidia Control Panel installed, there is an option to automatically check and notify you of driver updates. Or you can just routinely check nvidia's site.

Good luck with your new setup mate /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
[quote name='chappy-hd' post='598932' date='Oct 10 2009, 06:43 AM']Hi great thanks for all your help especially spoolindsm127 :-)

Cheers

Stefan

No problem sir glad I can help :)

Do you know what version the drivers from Zotac's site are? Did you try installing the ones from this link, or did those give you trouble?

The drivers on Zotac's site were posted on 9/25/2009, while the ones on nvidia (15.51) were released on 10/05/2009. I'd suggest you go with the latest drivers from nvidia. I mean since we went through the trouble to find them I say why not. I'm sure there were some improvements made that would be worth taking advantage of.

I don't know about you but I am very particular about having the latest drivers. If you have the nvidia Control Panel installed, there is an option to automatically check and notify you of driver updates. Or you can just routinely check nvidia's site.

Good luck with your new setup mate /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 10/10/2009 06:54 PM   
Scroll To Top