Alienware M17x World of Warcraft Lag spikes
Hi Everyone

I need help figuring this out. I just received my new Alienware M17x and i'm having 4-5 Lag pikes/ game freeze per minute ? I disabled the 9400 in the bios to run only on the 260M Gtx ( Non SLI)

I also tried to lower the display setting in games and I updated my drivers to the last version to see if that would change anything.

So far no change :(

Any of you had the same problem with this notebook ? :">
Hi Everyone

I need help figuring this out. I just received my new Alienware M17x and i'm having 4-5 Lag pikes/ game freeze per minute ? I disabled the 9400 in the bios to run only on the 260M Gtx ( Non SLI)

I also tried to lower the display setting in games and I updated my drivers to the last version to see if that would change anything.

Posted 10/01/2009 05:37 PM   
are you getting a lot of hard drive activity when you have the lag spike?

could it be an antivirus scanning the hard drive or something similar? also what is your internet connection speed? you arent playing over wireless are you?
are you getting a lot of hard drive activity when you have the lag spike?

could it be an antivirus scanning the hard drive or something similar? also what is your internet connection speed? you arent playing over wireless are you?

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 10/01/2009 06:36 PM   
[quote name='qazax' post='595143' date='Oct 1 2009, 02:36 PM']are you getting a lot of hard drive activity when you have the lag spike?

could it be an antivirus scanning the hard drive or something similar? also what is your internet connection speed? you arent playing over wireless are you?[/quote]

Hello,

No anitivirus in the background or any other kind of program of the sort ..
As for the connection speed, i'm running on high speed cable.
And yes i am playing on wireless. the same goes for my other laptop X200 Toshiba which has 0.00 Lag

thanks
[quote name='qazax' post='595143' date='Oct 1 2009, 02:36 PM']are you getting a lot of hard drive activity when you have the lag spike?

Hello,

No anitivirus in the background or any other kind of program of the sort ..

As for the connection speed, i'm running on high speed cable.

And yes i am playing on wireless. the same goes for my other laptop X200 Toshiba which has 0.00 Lag

thanks

Posted 10/01/2009 06:40 PM   
[quote name='Patrice Lemieux' post='595116' date='Oct 1 2009, 01:37 PM']Hi Everyone

Any of you had the same problem with this notebook ? :">[/quote]

Ok mate, define "lag spike". It is a connection issue where game stops responding or the game seems to have a delay (for ex: you press action bar button 4....1sec...2sec...ABILITY4!)... or ... is your lag a full computer stutter? Graphics get goofy/choppy as hell, sound buzzing/hissing, then kaboom?

Define "lag spike" and I'll see what I can do for ya.

-Hate
[quote name='Patrice Lemieux' post='595116' date='Oct 1 2009, 01:37 PM']Hi Everyone

Ok mate, define "lag spike". It is a connection issue where game stops responding or the game seems to have a delay (for ex: you press action bar button 4....1sec...2sec...ABILITY4!)... or ... is your lag a full computer stutter? Graphics get goofy/choppy as hell, sound buzzing/hissing, then kaboom?

Define "lag spike" and I'll see what I can do for ya.

-Hate

Posted 10/13/2009 03:13 AM   
I have the M17x and has a lot of problems with wow even with the gtx 280m single or with sli, i have tried a lot of things to make wow work fine but i just dont know how fix it, i have to use mid-low settings in game because i just cant raid with ultra settings, not even with defaults on heavy graphic bosses. SLI dont work on wow so its basically the same with a single gpu working.
Trust me its not a connection issue or game choppy, its just not working correctly i even have read that with the 260m have the same problems.
I have the M17x and has a lot of problems with wow even with the gtx 280m single or with sli, i have tried a lot of things to make wow work fine but i just dont know how fix it, i have to use mid-low settings in game because i just cant raid with ultra settings, not even with defaults on heavy graphic bosses. SLI dont work on wow so its basically the same with a single gpu working.

Trust me its not a connection issue or game choppy, its just not working correctly i even have read that with the 260m have the same problems.

Posted 10/20/2009 09:49 AM   
Make sure to install the latest BIOS version A03, which fixes huge latency issues on M17x.
Make sure to install the latest BIOS version A03, which fixes huge latency issues on M17x.

Posted 01/17/2010 01:19 AM   
Scroll To Top