Two monitors on GeForce 9500 GT
Hi.

I have an NVidia Zogis GeForce 9500 GT, with one VGA output, one DVI (I checked wikipedia and the connector is the "DVI-I (Dual Link)" one), and one S-Video (I think it's S-Video, it's a round one, don't care much about that one).

I just want to know if I can connect a VGA monitor on the VGA output, and at the same time a DVI one. Will it work with Windows and Ubuntu and whatever OS comes next?

I really want to know if this will work before buying the DVI monitor..

Thanks a lot!
Hi.

I have an NVidia Zogis GeForce 9500 GT, with one VGA output, one DVI (I checked wikipedia and the connector is the "DVI-I (Dual Link)" one), and one S-Video (I think it's S-Video, it's a round one, don't care much about that one).

I just want to know if I can connect a VGA monitor on the VGA output, and at the same time a DVI one. Will it work with Windows and Ubuntu and whatever OS comes next?

Thanks a lot!

Posted 09/30/2009 02:01 PM   
[quote name='cambraca' post='594567' date='Sep 30 2009, 07:01 AM']Hi.

Thanks a lot![/quote]

More than likely yes. All retail graphics cards support dual monitors as long as there is at least two monitor connections. The only exceptions are rarely with some older OEM systems and some low end onboard graphics controllers.
[quote name='cambraca' post='594567' date='Sep 30 2009, 07:01 AM']Hi.

Thanks a lot!

More than likely yes. All retail graphics cards support dual monitors as long as there is at least two monitor connections. The only exceptions are rarely with some older OEM systems and some low end onboard graphics controllers.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 10/16/2009 05:14 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='601820' date='Oct 16 2009, 10:14 AM']More than likely yes. All retail graphics cards support dual monitors as long as there is at least two monitor connections. The only exceptions are rarely with some older OEM systems and some low end onboard graphics controllers.[/quote]

Well I have here the MSI GeForce 9500GT and two monitors, one is on HDMI and the other is VGA. The HDMI is real HDMI and not DVI to HDMI, the card has HDMI out

I am using Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 and I just LOVE IT
[quote name='ManuelG' post='601820' date='Oct 16 2009, 10:14 AM']More than likely yes. All retail graphics cards support dual monitors as long as there is at least two monitor connections. The only exceptions are rarely with some older OEM systems and some low end onboard graphics controllers.

Well I have here the MSI GeForce 9500GT and two monitors, one is on HDMI and the other is VGA. The HDMI is real HDMI and not DVI to HDMI, the card has HDMI out

I am using Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 and I just LOVE IT

Posted 10/24/2009 02:14 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='601820' date='Oct 16 2009, 12:14 PM']More than likely yes. All retail graphics cards support dual monitors as long as there is at least two monitor connections. The only exceptions are rarely with some older OEM systems and some low end onboard graphics controllers.[/quote]

It worked just fine, as soon as I connected the second monitor, it automatically recognized it. Love it. Thanks
[quote name='ManuelG' post='601820' date='Oct 16 2009, 12:14 PM']More than likely yes. All retail graphics cards support dual monitors as long as there is at least two monitor connections. The only exceptions are rarely with some older OEM systems and some low end onboard graphics controllers.

It worked just fine, as soon as I connected the second monitor, it automatically recognized it. Love it. Thanks

Posted 10/25/2009 02:06 AM   
With me it does not work.. I have a vga monitor and a hdmi tv. When i connect the tv the vga monitor switches to a wide screen resolution. When i look at the attached monitors it doesn't recognise a brand or model

Any suggestions?
With me it does not work.. I have a vga monitor and a hdmi tv. When i connect the tv the vga monitor switches to a wide screen resolution. When i look at the attached monitors it doesn't recognise a brand or model

Any suggestions?

Posted 12/06/2010 10:14 PM   
[quote name='Sceed' date='06 December 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1291673683' post='1156958']

Any suggestions?
[/quote]
Did you try to configure the multi monitor display through advanced settings?
[quote name='Sceed' date='06 December 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1291673683' post='1156958']

Any suggestions?

Did you try to configure the multi monitor display through advanced settings?

Posted 12/09/2010 06:24 PM   
I know this topic is old, but I'm have a similar question.
I also have a GeForce 9500 GT (the same as the op), but I'm not sure which cable I need to connect an old tube vga monitor and a new-ish lcd vga monitor. I tried using a splitter cable (Y cable, 2 vgas to one), but it could only duplicate the desktop and not extend it (yes, I tried configuring it in windows). Which cable can extend a desktop across two monitors? One normal vga from one monitor into the vga plug of the card, and another vga cable (with dvi adapter) to the dvi plug?
I know this topic is old, but I'm have a similar question.

I also have a GeForce 9500 GT (the same as the op), but I'm not sure which cable I need to connect an old tube vga monitor and a new-ish lcd vga monitor. I tried using a splitter cable (Y cable, 2 vgas to one), but it could only duplicate the desktop and not extend it (yes, I tried configuring it in windows). Which cable can extend a desktop across two monitors? One normal vga from one monitor into the vga plug of the card, and another vga cable (with dvi adapter) to the dvi plug?

Posted 12/11/2010 03:27 AM   
Scroll To Top