Nvidia Control Panel not working / showing
The drivers I have are 190.62 - Windows Vista 64-bit

When i right click on my desktop the Nvidia Control Panel shortcut that used to be there is not there anymore.

If I access it through Windows Control Panel everything is tinted out like im not supposed to be able to change anything, if I try (such as brightness) and hit Apply, nothing happens.

Seems to be disabled?
The drivers I have are 190.62 - Windows Vista 64-bit

When i right click on my desktop the Nvidia Control Panel shortcut that used to be there is not there anymore.

If I access it through Windows Control Panel everything is tinted out like im not supposed to be able to change anything, if I try (such as brightness) and hit Apply, nothing happens.

Seems to be disabled?

Posted 09/26/2009 05:17 PM   
[quote name='vekien' post='592579' date='Sep 26 2009, 07:17 PM']The drivers I have are 190.62 - Windows Vista 64-bit

Seems to be disabled?[/quote]

Hm, try reinstaling drivers. But when you are unstalling use the Driver Cleaner. Run it in safe mode and delete Nvidia Display drivers. Then install them again.
[quote name='vekien' post='592579' date='Sep 26 2009, 07:17 PM']The drivers I have are 190.62 - Windows Vista 64-bit

Seems to be disabled?

Hm, try reinstaling drivers. But when you are unstalling use the Driver Cleaner. Run it in safe mode and delete Nvidia Display drivers. Then install them again.

Posted 09/26/2009 05:27 PM   
driver sweeper can be found here...
[url="http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/"]http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/[/url]

Be sure to remove the nvidia display drivers not all of the nvidia drivers....
And as already stated remove the from safe mode reboot and install the new ones from safe mode then rebbot to your OS and if they installed correctly you will have the Nvidia control panel again....

but just a note the new beta drivers can cause evega precision tuner temps to stop working.....
driver sweeper can be found here...

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Be sure to remove the nvidia display drivers not all of the nvidia drivers....

And as already stated remove the from safe mode reboot and install the new ones from safe mode then rebbot to your OS and if they installed correctly you will have the Nvidia control panel again....

but just a note the new beta drivers can cause evega precision tuner temps to stop working.....

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 09/26/2009 05:55 PM   
Reinstalling through safe mode didnt work, even when using the driver clean.

Also that program you suggested has cleared out a bunch of registery information that said was broke and now a lot of my programs dont work, my dx is messed, my network driver stopped working, and now i have to reinstall almost everything.
Reinstalling through safe mode didnt work, even when using the driver clean.

Also that program you suggested has cleared out a bunch of registery information that said was broke and now a lot of my programs dont work, my dx is messed, my network driver stopped working, and now i have to reinstall almost everything.

Posted 09/29/2009 08:15 PM   
[quote name='vekien' post='594200' date='Sep 29 2009, 04:15 PM']Reinstalling through safe mode didnt work, even when using the driver clean.

Also that program you suggested has cleared out a bunch of registery information that said was broke and now a lot of my programs dont work, my dx is messed, my network driver stopped working, and now i have to reinstall almost everything.[/quote]

note: I stated Nvidia display drivers ...It wont do anything you dont tell it to do..If you left all of the drivers it found checked then you removed all of them....And thats not what I stated....

I am sorry things havent worked out for you but we can help to get you straightened out....When we tell you to do something if you dont understand or are unsure of yourself just ask and I promise we wont laugh at you...No question is stupid....
[quote name='vekien' post='594200' date='Sep 29 2009, 04:15 PM']Reinstalling through safe mode didnt work, even when using the driver clean.

note: I stated Nvidia display drivers ...It wont do anything you dont tell it to do..If you left all of the drivers it found checked then you removed all of them....And thats not what I stated....

I am sorry things havent worked out for you but we can help to get you straightened out....When we tell you to do something if you dont understand or are unsure of yourself just ask and I promise we wont laugh at you...No question is stupid....

Posted 09/29/2009 08:30 PM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='594211' date='Sep 29 2009, 01:30 PM']note: I stated Nvidia display drivers ...It wont do anything you dont tell it to do..If you left all of the drivers it found checked then you removed all of them....And thats not what I stated....

I am sorry things havent worked out for you but we can help to get you straightened out....When we tell you to do something if you dont understand or are unsure of yourself just ask and I promise we wont laugh at you...No question is stupid....[/quote]

what he stated is correct when drive sweeper first open everything is selected unchecked all but display driver hit next it will show you all display driver keys and folders hit clean your done. reinstall and everything should be ok if you did remove everything chip sets and stuff that is easy fix ether go to mobo web site and get them back or use install disk for mobo.
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='594211' date='Sep 29 2009, 01:30 PM']note: I stated Nvidia display drivers ...It wont do anything you dont tell it to do..If you left all of the drivers it found checked then you removed all of them....And thats not what I stated....

what he stated is correct when drive sweeper first open everything is selected unchecked all but display driver hit next it will show you all display driver keys and folders hit clean your done. reinstall and everything should be ok if you did remove everything chip sets and stuff that is easy fix ether go to mobo web site and get them back or use install disk for mobo.

Alienware X51
Mainboard Alienware
BIOS Version/Date Alienware A14, 11/4/2013
OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Cpu Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Ram 8.00 GB DDR3
On board sound Realtek ALC892 High-Definition Audio Driver
On Board Intel HD 400 Graphics NVIDIA Optimus
PNY Geforce GTX 660Ti XLR8 Performance Edition 2048MB GDDR5
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster S27B550
Secondary Monitor Sony Bravia KDL-BX450

Posted 09/29/2009 08:55 PM   
My issue is something else. I recently got win 7 although I am going back to XP over the weeked as my system is not good enough for win7, but when I go to control panel an list games on my machine it reckons that Internet explorer, Nero are games, that is just weird, It lists oblivion yet I have Bioshock, Mass Effect and Oblivion, of which btw run crap on win 7.
My issue is something else. I recently got win 7 although I am going back to XP over the weeked as my system is not good enough for win7, but when I go to control panel an list games on my machine it reckons that Internet explorer, Nero are games, that is just weird, It lists oblivion yet I have Bioshock, Mass Effect and Oblivion, of which btw run crap on win 7.

Posted 09/29/2009 09:05 PM   
[quote name='Sarinade' post='594229' date='Sep 29 2009, 05:05 PM']My issue is something else. I recently got win 7 although I am going back to XP over the weeked as my system is not good enough for win7, but when I go to control panel an list games on my machine it reckons that Internet explorer, Nero are games, that is just weird, It lists oblivion yet I have Bioshock, Mass Effect and Oblivion, of which btw run crap on win 7.[/quote]

It dosent see them as games your gpu does allot more than handle games....The media you watch is also handled by nvidia control panel it has profiles so you can change the way those programs display things....Such as watching movies and streaming viseo through your browser.....The Gpu is probably the most amazing piece of hardware in your rig....If you want to blow your mind you can google the term (folding at home) and then you can see a slice of what a gpu is capable of.....And its capable of so much more than that...Video games is a small part fo what this technology is used for....
[quote name='Sarinade' post='594229' date='Sep 29 2009, 05:05 PM']My issue is something else. I recently got win 7 although I am going back to XP over the weeked as my system is not good enough for win7, but when I go to control panel an list games on my machine it reckons that Internet explorer, Nero are games, that is just weird, It lists oblivion yet I have Bioshock, Mass Effect and Oblivion, of which btw run crap on win 7.

It dosent see them as games your gpu does allot more than handle games....The media you watch is also handled by nvidia control panel it has profiles so you can change the way those programs display things....Such as watching movies and streaming viseo through your browser.....The Gpu is probably the most amazing piece of hardware in your rig....If you want to blow your mind you can google the term (folding at home) and then you can see a slice of what a gpu is capable of.....And its capable of so much more than that...Video games is a small part fo what this technology is used for....

Posted 09/29/2009 09:17 PM   
Hey I'm having this same problem of when I try to open my nvidia control panel it just gives me an error. I downloaded the Driver Sweeper program and used its clean feature on my Nvidia display, but now I don't know how to install new drivers. I tried going to the nvidia display adapter in the device manager and hit update driver there but it says I'm up to date. Any help on how to install new stuff would be appreciated.
Hey I'm having this same problem of when I try to open my nvidia control panel it just gives me an error. I downloaded the Driver Sweeper program and used its clean feature on my Nvidia display, but now I don't know how to install new drivers. I tried going to the nvidia display adapter in the device manager and hit update driver there but it says I'm up to date. Any help on how to install new stuff would be appreciated.

Posted 09/30/2009 04:57 PM   
Nevermind! Figured it out :P
Nevermind! Figured it out :P

Posted 09/30/2009 05:16 PM   
Scroll To Top