Geforce gtx 260
Maybe someone here can help me please. I have just got a new Geforce GTX 260 Graphics card and it came with a PCI-e cable. Now my power supply has one PCI-e Power adapter forwhich I have connected it to the card, I have also connected the adapter that come with the card using two Molex connections on the same cable from the power supply is this the right way for me to do this or not. Thank you.
Maybe someone here can help me please. I have just got a new Geforce GTX 260 Graphics card and it came with a PCI-e cable. Now my power supply has one PCI-e Power adapter forwhich I have connected it to the card, I have also connected the adapter that come with the card using two Molex connections on the same cable from the power supply is this the right way for me to do this or not. Thank you.

Posted 09/19/2009 01:20 AM   
[quote name='Tel46' post='589593' date='Sep 18 2009, 08:20 PM']Maybe someone here can help me please. I have just got a new Geforce GTX 260 Graphics card and it came with a PCI-e cable. Now my power supply has one PCI-e Power adapter forwhich I have connected it to the card, I have also connected the adapter that come with the card using two Molex connections on the same cable from the power supply is this the right way for me to do this or not. Thank you.[/quote]

If your PSU has more than one rail (cable) with molex's that you can connect to, that would be the ideal setup. Put one on each rail. If you don't, you really don't have a choice.

Axis
[quote name='Tel46' post='589593' date='Sep 18 2009, 08:20 PM']Maybe someone here can help me please. I have just got a new Geforce GTX 260 Graphics card and it came with a PCI-e cable. Now my power supply has one PCI-e Power adapter forwhich I have connected it to the card, I have also connected the adapter that come with the card using two Molex connections on the same cable from the power supply is this the right way for me to do this or not. Thank you.

If your PSU has more than one rail (cable) with molex's that you can connect to, that would be the ideal setup. Put one on each rail. If you don't, you really don't have a choice.

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 09/19/2009 03:43 AM   
So I have done it right, I was not sure if I had to use both connecters. I have plans to replace my PSU with atleast a 500 watt one so I shall see how it goes in the mean time. I have played a few game just to test it out and as of yet had no problems and must say its a great card. Just for the record I upgraded from a Geforce 8600 GTS I found that card was very good aswell but I decided it was time for another upgrade as I am using Windows 7 now.
I would like to thank you AXIS for your speedy reply and was glad to here I had done this right many thanks my friend.
So I have done it right, I was not sure if I had to use both connecters. I have plans to replace my PSU with atleast a 500 watt one so I shall see how it goes in the mean time. I have played a few game just to test it out and as of yet had no problems and must say its a great card. Just for the record I upgraded from a Geforce 8600 GTS I found that card was very good aswell but I decided it was time for another upgrade as I am using Windows 7 now.

I would like to thank you AXIS for your speedy reply and was glad to here I had done this right many thanks my friend.

Posted 09/19/2009 09:48 AM   
Scroll To Top