What is the best setting in Nvidia Control Panel for WoW
Ok i been palying WoW since Beta and Video seems to be getting slower and slower with Every patch that comes out.
What i would like to know is what is the best settings for wow in the Nvidia Control Panel. Back in the day i found settings that worked well i still have those setting in a document but a lot of stuff has changed and been added top the control panel. Please if you have a suggestion for the following settings please let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambient Occlusion:
Anisotropic Filtering:
Antialiasing - Gamma Correction:
Antialiasing - Mode:
Antialiasing - Setting:
Antialiasing - Transparency:
Conformant texture clamp:
Error Reporting:
Extension Limit:
Maximum pre-rendered frames:
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration:
Power management mode:
SLI performance mode:
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization:
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias:
Texture Filtering - Quality:
Texture Filtering - Trilinear optimization:
Threaded optimization:
Triple buffering:
Vertical sync:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My system
Vista Ultimate x64 w/SP2
Asus Crosshair II Formula (Bios Version 2003)
AMD Phenom II X4 965
Thermaltake Balckwidow 850 Watt Power Supply
2x GeForce 9800GT 1 Gig (SLI)
8 Gigs OCZ Reaper PC2 8500 DDR2 1066 Ram (OCZ2RPR10664GK)
1 x PNY GeForce 9800GT 1 Gig Video Card
2 x Western Digital 74gb SATA Raptor's (Raid)
1 x Seagate 1.5TB SATA Hard Drives
1 x Seagate 500gb SATA Hard Drives
1 x Asus DVD Writer
Ok i been palying WoW since Beta and Video seems to be getting slower and slower with Every patch that comes out.

What i would like to know is what is the best settings for wow in the Nvidia Control Panel. Back in the day i found settings that worked well i still have those setting in a document but a lot of stuff has changed and been added top the control panel. Please if you have a suggestion for the following settings please let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambient Occlusion:

Anisotropic Filtering:

Antialiasing - Mode:

Antialiasing - Setting:

Error Reporting:

Extension Limit:

Power management mode:

SLI performance mode:

Threaded optimization:

Triple buffering:

Vertical sync:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My system

Vista Ultimate x64 w/SP2

AMD Phenom II X4 965

1 x Asus DVD Writer

Posted 09/15/2009 08:52 PM   
Come on someone has got to have a good set of setting for wow preformance
Come on someone has got to have a good set of setting for wow preformance

Posted 10/12/2009 02:41 AM   
I don't play WOW but I've found that on any games I do play, experimentation is the key to finding the best settings.
I don't play WOW but I've found that on any games I do play, experimentation is the key to finding the best settings.

[indent]Image

[/indent]
Core i7 920@3850MHz_Corsair H-50 Water Cooler_EVGA X58 132-BL-E758-A1_1xEVGA GTX480 @825.1650.2000_3x2Gb Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20-1T

2x74Gb WD Raptor/RAID0-Windows7 _1x250Gb Seagate 7200.10_Silverstone Strider ST1200 1200w Modular PSU_Coolermaster Cosmos S

Vantage-22876, w/Physx-25636--3DMark06-24844

Posted 10/12/2009 04:37 AM   
[quote name='kenyoung' post='588381' date='Sep 15 2009, 04:52 PM']Ok i been palying WoW since Beta and Video seems to be getting slower and slower with Every patch that comes out.

Ambient Occlusion:
Anisotropic Filtering:
Antialiasing - Mode:
Antialiasing - Setting:
Error Reporting:
Extension Limit:
Power management mode:
SLI performance mode:
Threaded optimization:
Triple buffering:
Vertical sync:

My system
Vista Ultimate x64 w/SP2
AMD Phenom II X4 965
1 x Asus DVD Writer[/quote]

Well mate, with what you have (pc), just read. The nVidia control panel will tell you what is default and what gives more performance. You can easily afford to max everything out (inside of game, and out). You should see any issues even in raids. One minor note, if you want EXPLOSIVESLY high framerates, disable V-Sync inside and out of game. This can *sometimes* produce undesirable rapid motion 'tearing'. If you are unable to detect it visual, then leave it off. If, however, you notice weird screen 'tears' while playing, obviously turn it back on. Some games where speed is preferable, you'll want it off, others (like Oblivion/Fallout3 for example) you will want a smooth game play experience.

-Hate
[quote name='kenyoung' post='588381' date='Sep 15 2009, 04:52 PM']Ok i been palying WoW since Beta and Video seems to be getting slower and slower with Every patch that comes out.

Ambient Occlusion:

Anisotropic Filtering:

Antialiasing - Mode:

Antialiasing - Setting:

Error Reporting:

Extension Limit:

Power management mode:

SLI performance mode:

Threaded optimization:

Triple buffering:

Vertical sync:

My system

Vista Ultimate x64 w/SP2

AMD Phenom II X4 965

1 x Asus DVD Writer

Well mate, with what you have (pc), just read. The nVidia control panel will tell you what is default and what gives more performance. You can easily afford to max everything out (inside of game, and out). You should see any issues even in raids. One minor note, if you want EXPLOSIVESLY high framerates, disable V-Sync inside and out of game. This can *sometimes* produce undesirable rapid motion 'tearing'. If you are unable to detect it visual, then leave it off. If, however, you notice weird screen 'tears' while playing, obviously turn it back on. Some games where speed is preferable, you'll want it off, others (like Oblivion/Fallout3 for example) you will want a smooth game play experience.

-Hate

Posted 10/13/2009 03:28 AM   
Scroll To Top