PROBLEM WITH NVIDIA GTX 260 CARD
Hi from Italy. I have a motherboard Intel DP35DP with a dual core cpu. I have removed my old graphic card and i have mounted NVIDIA gtx 260 Card. When I turn on my PC no video signal appear, monitor stays all in black.
Can you help me? Is motherboard compatible?
Hi from Italy. I have a motherboard Intel DP35DP with a dual core cpu. I have removed my old graphic card and i have mounted NVIDIA gtx 260 Card. When I turn on my PC no video signal appear, monitor stays all in black.

Can you help me? Is motherboard compatible?

Posted 08/30/2009 07:26 PM   
Hi!

The motherboard as such are compatible.

Any beeps from the bios? Does the hdd light and fans start up?

Try pulling the round, silvery, motherboard coin battery for a couple of minutes. that will reset bios to defaults.

Get the old card back in and update / flash the motherboard bios to the latest one:

[url="http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DP35DP/DP35DP-overview.htm"]http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/moth...DP-overview.htm[/url]

Take out all but one RAM stick and try booting. Repeat with any other RAM stick.

Also, download the latest chipset driver, and install it afterwards if you get the GTX 260 up and going.

Just out of curiosity. What max power and the amps on the +12V are your power supply? If you don't know? Open the case and look at the power supply specification label.
Hi!

Try pulling the round, silvery, motherboard coin battery for a couple of minutes. that will reset bios to defaults.

Get the old card back in and update / flash the motherboard bios to the latest one:

http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/moth...DP-overview.htm

Take out all but one RAM stick and try booting. Repeat with any other RAM stick.

Also, download the latest chipset driver, and install it afterwards if you get the GTX 260 up and going.

Just out of curiosity. What max power and the amps on the +12V are your power supply? If you don't know? Open the case and look at the power supply specification label.

Case: Antec P 180B. modded. 2 x 120mm Noctua fans.

Psu: Corsair HX 750W modular.

Mobo: EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR.

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 2.6GHz @ 3.4 GHz.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366.

RAM: Kingston HyperX 3GB DDR 3. 1600

Video cards: Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X Crossfire.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar 640gb Black edt.

Sound: Auzentech X-FI Prelude. Camebridge Desktop theatre 5.1 speakers.

Posted 08/30/2009 08:44 PM   
[quote name='where?wolf' post='583804' date='Aug 30 2009, 08:44 PM']Hi!

[url="http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DP35DP/DP35DP-overview.htm"]http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/moth...DP-overview.htm[/url]

Just out of curiosity. What max power and the amps on the +12V are your power supply? If you don't know? Open the case and look at the power supply specification label.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.
I'm downloading the latest bios for my motherboard and then I will try to install GTX 260 card.
Power supply max 600W.
The fan of GTX 260 card starts up and work well.
Also Windows XP starts up and I can hear the beginning sound, but nothing appears on the screen.
[b]The linking cable must be VGA or DVI?[/b]
[quote name='where?wolf' post='583804' date='Aug 30 2009, 08:44 PM']Hi!

http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/moth...DP-overview.htm

Thanks for your reply.

I'm downloading the latest bios for my motherboard and then I will try to install GTX 260 card.

Power supply max 600W.

Also Windows XP starts up and I can hear the beginning sound, but nothing appears on the screen.

The linking cable must be VGA or DVI?

Posted 08/30/2009 08:53 PM   
[quote name='cyberc' post='583807' date='Aug 30 2009, 10:53 PM']Thanks for your reply.
Power supply max 600W.
[b]The linking cable must be VGA or DVI?[/b][/quote]

O.k.

If that 600W do have a total +12V of 36A? Then it's o.k for thhe GTX 260. I dont say that the card would'nt work on a weaker or slightly underpowered power supply. But the power supply in question for a given video card should at least meet the minimum power supply requirements. The GTX 260 needs a 500W minimum with at least 36A on the +12V rail(s).

Hope that the new bios will solve this problem now.

Othervice, try the other things I suggested. If that does'nt work either? Take the GTX card to your local pc service station for a test.

Quote: The linking cable must be VGA or DVI?#

Depends on what cable(s) your monitor use?
[quote name='cyberc' post='583807' date='Aug 30 2009, 10:53 PM']Thanks for your reply.

Power supply max 600W.

The linking cable must be VGA or DVI?

O.k.

If that 600W do have a total +12V of 36A? Then it's o.k for thhe GTX 260. I dont say that the card would'nt work on a weaker or slightly underpowered power supply. But the power supply in question for a given video card should at least meet the minimum power supply requirements. The GTX 260 needs a 500W minimum with at least 36A on the +12V rail(s).

Hope that the new bios will solve this problem now.

Othervice, try the other things I suggested. If that does'nt work either? Take the GTX card to your local pc service station for a test.

Quote: The linking cable must be VGA or DVI?#

Depends on what cable(s) your monitor use?

Posted 08/30/2009 09:36 PM   
Power supply max 600W, 12V, 26A.
Can it be the problem?
Power supply max 600W, 12V, 26A.

Can it be the problem?

Posted 08/31/2009 07:29 AM   
It is a problem by itself yes. But if the psu works as it should? Then you still would be able to run the card on it anyway. The problem with an under powered, power supply, is that it will sooner or later give system instability / crashes and higher hardware temperatures. + that the psu components will degenerate much faster. That in it's turn, will make the power supply unable to give out the rated Watts and Amperes. Then, you also risk that the power supply may blow and take some other hardware with it down the bin.

So, as soon as you can. Get a quality power supply at least 550W and minimum 36A total on the +12V rail(s) The more amps on the +12V, the better future proofing too. Here are some quality, power supply brands: Antec, Corsair, Enermax, Fortron Source, OCZ, PC Power and Cooling, Seasonic, Silverstone , Tagan, Xigmatek or Zalman.
It is a problem by itself yes. But if the psu works as it should? Then you still would be able to run the card on it anyway. The problem with an under powered, power supply, is that it will sooner or later give system instability / crashes and higher hardware temperatures. + that the psu components will degenerate much faster. That in it's turn, will make the power supply unable to give out the rated Watts and Amperes. Then, you also risk that the power supply may blow and take some other hardware with it down the bin.

So, as soon as you can. Get a quality power supply at least 550W and minimum 36A total on the +12V rail(s) The more amps on the +12V, the better future proofing too. Here are some quality, power supply brands: Antec, Corsair, Enermax, Fortron Source, OCZ, PC Power and Cooling, Seasonic, Silverstone , Tagan, Xigmatek or Zalman.

Posted 08/31/2009 09:31 AM   
Hi. On the card there are two 6-pins connections.
Must I connect both?
Hi. On the card there are two 6-pins connections.

Must I connect both?

Posted 08/31/2009 06:52 PM   
[quote name='cyberc' post='584059' date='Aug 31 2009, 12:52 PM']Hi. On the card there are two 6-pins connections.
Must I connect both?[/quote]

Yes.

Exactly what power supply do you have. Make and model if you can. 26A on the +12v rail is EXTREMELY LOW for a 600W PSU.

Axis
[quote name='cyberc' post='584059' date='Aug 31 2009, 12:52 PM']Hi. On the card there are two 6-pins connections.

Must I connect both?

Yes.

Exactly what power supply do you have. Make and model if you can. 26A on the +12v rail is EXTREMELY LOW for a 600W PSU.

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 08/31/2009 07:33 PM   
hi...this is going to sound weird. but here's my situation: on boot, i have to hold the video card slightly up with my fingers for the initial signal to come on. then i let go. i say try that. problem with my ati card is that its not properly mounted. i'm getting a gtx 260 tomorrow so i'm not too worried about it...yet.
hi...this is going to sound weird. but here's my situation: on boot, i have to hold the video card slightly up with my fingers for the initial signal to come on. then i let go. i say try that. problem with my ati card is that its not properly mounted. i'm getting a gtx 260 tomorrow so i'm not too worried about it...yet.

Posted 08/31/2009 08:59 PM   
Thanks to everybody.
I connected both 6-pins power connections (before I connected only one) and now the card works well.
Thanks to everybody.

I connected both 6-pins power connections (before I connected only one) and now the card works well.

Posted 09/04/2009 12:18 PM   
Scroll To Top