Play .mkv-files in Nvidia's stereoscopic player!
  1 / 2    
How do I play a high resolution MKV file in Nvidias stereoscopic player? I've googled like a maniac but can't find any answers.
How do I play a high resolution MKV file in Nvidias stereoscopic player? I've googled like a maniac but can't find any answers.

CPU: QX6850 @ 3Ghz (default factory value)
GPU: GTX 295
RAM: 8 Gb DDR2

Geforce drivers installed: 257.15
3D Vision USB driver: CD 1.27

Posted 08/09/2009 08:56 AM   
You just need to have the right coded and splitter installed and setup on your PC and should not have any problems playing files in MKV file container. I'm using Haali Media Splitter and am able to play MKVs without any problem on the Stereoscopic Player... ;)
You just need to have the right coded and splitter installed and setup on your PC and should not have any problems playing files in MKV file container. I'm using Haali Media Splitter and am able to play MKVs without any problem on the Stereoscopic Player... ;)

My 3D Vision Blog - 3dvision-blog.com

Posted 08/09/2009 09:09 AM   
I googled Haali Media Splitter and found this link:

[url="http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/MatroskaSplitter.exe"]http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/MatroskaSplitter.exe[/url]

So I downloaded and installed it. Still doesn't work. Any clues?
I googled Haali Media Splitter and found this link:

http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/MatroskaSplitter.exe

So I downloaded and installed it. Still doesn't work. Any clues?

Posted 08/09/2009 09:30 AM   
I have never had any problems with mkv-files with the exception that my computer sometimes feels too weak for high res. Afaik i have the [url="http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm"][b]K-lite codec pack[/b][/url] installed and that seems to be working with most players. For stereofiles i use Peter Wimmers player but it still needs the proper codecs.
Check [url="http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2020"]http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2020[/url] for some good info as well.
I have never had any problems with mkv-files with the exception that my computer sometimes feels too weak for high res. Afaik i have the K-lite codec pack installed and that seems to be working with most players. For stereofiles i use Peter Wimmers player but it still needs the proper codecs.

Check http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2020 for some good info as well.

Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Cpu: C2D E6600

Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX

3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Stereodrivers: Iz3d & Tridef ignition and nvidia old school.

Posted 08/09/2009 10:19 AM   
AntiKrist, and did you configure what splitters and codecs to be used by the Stereoscopic Player after that?
AntiKrist, and did you configure what splitters and codecs to be used by the Stereoscopic Player after that?

Posted 08/09/2009 10:25 AM   
[quote name='Bloody' post='576057' date='Aug 9 2009, 03:25 AM']AntiKrist, and did you configure what splitters and codecs to be used by the Stereoscopic Player after that?[/quote]

Nope. how do I configure the splitters and codecs?

Likay, will try your links if this configure-thing doesn't work out =)
[quote name='Bloody' post='576057' date='Aug 9 2009, 03:25 AM']AntiKrist, and did you configure what splitters and codecs to be used by the Stereoscopic Player after that?

Nope. how do I configure the splitters and codecs?

Likay, will try your links if this configure-thing doesn't work out =)

Posted 08/09/2009 01:14 PM   
You need to start the Stereoscopic Player and then go to File, Settings, Decoder and setup the filters...
You need to start the Stereoscopic Player and then go to File, Settings, Decoder and setup the filters...

Posted 08/09/2009 01:30 PM   
[quote name='Bloody' post='576098' date='Aug 9 2009, 06:30 AM']You need to start the Stereoscopic Player and then go to File, Settings, Decoder and setup the filters...[/quote]

I did, but it doesn't help. In my "Video Decoder" droplist there's three options. #1 (which is default!): Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder. #2: ffdshow Video Decoder; and #3: ffdshow raw video filter. I have tried to start the .mkv-file with each enabled, noone works. In my list just below, there's something called "Preferred Filters" and than a hole list of items. However, I can't do nothing with them exept delete the entries. Something I've done wrong?
[quote name='Bloody' post='576098' date='Aug 9 2009, 06:30 AM']You need to start the Stereoscopic Player and then go to File, Settings, Decoder and setup the filters...

I did, but it doesn't help. In my "Video Decoder" droplist there's three options. #1 (which is default!): Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder. #2: ffdshow Video Decoder; and #3: ffdshow raw video filter. I have tried to start the .mkv-file with each enabled, noone works. In my list just below, there's something called "Preferred Filters" and than a hole list of items. However, I can't do nothing with them exept delete the entries. Something I've done wrong?

Posted 08/09/2009 02:38 PM   
The first one is for choosing decoder for DVDs, you need the options below...

If you select a codec/filter you can only delete it from the list or move it up/down (change priority), but if you select the type of files you can also add filters/codecs.
The first one is for choosing decoder for DVDs, you need the options below...

If you select a codec/filter you can only delete it from the list or move it up/down (change priority), but if you select the type of files you can also add filters/codecs.

Posted 08/09/2009 03:29 PM   
I loaded up Wall-e in the Stereoscopic player and uhm, it somehow has depth ! You can also
increase the seperation with the arrow keys, -this movie wasn't even made for 3d nor is in
3d format, but I swear it works like a 3d movie ! I'm confused and excited as hell at this
discovery !
I loaded up Wall-e in the Stereoscopic player and uhm, it somehow has depth ! You can also

increase the seperation with the arrow keys, -this movie wasn't even made for 3d nor is in

3d format, but I swear it works like a 3d movie ! I'm confused and excited as hell at this

discovery !

Posted 08/09/2009 07:29 PM   
[quote name='dreamingawake' post='576175' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:29 PM']I loaded up Wall-e in the Stereoscopic player and uhm, it somehow has depth ! You can also
discovery ![/quote]

WHAT

Your computer - give it to me!

(also, shouldn't you be working? I know I should)
[quote name='dreamingawake' post='576175' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:29 PM']I loaded up Wall-e in the Stereoscopic player and uhm, it somehow has depth ! You can also

discovery !

WHAT

Posted 08/09/2009 08:08 PM   
[quote name='f3likx' post='576185' date='Aug 9 2009, 04:08 PM']WHAT

(also, shouldn't you be working? I know I should)[/quote]

Everything is the same depth. the most you can do is move the movie in or out the screen, but I don't get the fullscreen experience.
[quote name='f3likx' post='576185' date='Aug 9 2009, 04:08 PM']WHAT

Everything is the same depth. the most you can do is move the movie in or out the screen, but I don't get the fullscreen experience.

Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.60GHZ

16 gig Ram

2 EVGA GTX 690 4gig (2X2)
3 X ASUS VG278HE + Samsung SyncMaster
Nvidia 3Dvision

Windows 7 64bit

Posted 08/09/2009 11:00 PM   
[quote name='msm903' post='576239' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:00 PM']Everything is the same depth. the most you can do is move the movie in or out the screen, but I don't get the fullscreen experience.[/quote]

Well, there is no pop out but there is definitely some added depth to the picture. It definitely seems like it's
more 'inside' the screen.. Point is, it doesn't matter there is no pop out the fact that it actually even
works is more amazing.

edit
'works' is tentative.. it's strange, there is separation goin' on.. but you can only increase it the slightest before things look out of whack..

I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on but just don't have the time right now.
[quote name='msm903' post='576239' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:00 PM']Everything is the same depth. the most you can do is move the movie in or out the screen, but I don't get the fullscreen experience.

Well, there is no pop out but there is definitely some added depth to the picture. It definitely seems like it's

more 'inside' the screen.. Point is, it doesn't matter there is no pop out the fact that it actually even

works is more amazing.

edit

'works' is tentative.. it's strange, there is separation goin' on.. but you can only increase it the slightest before things look out of whack..

I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on but just don't have the time right now.

Posted 08/10/2009 01:23 AM   
[quote name='dreamingawake' post='576285' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:23 PM']Well, there is no pop out but there is definitely some added depth to the picture. It definitely seems like it's
works is more amazing.

edit

I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on but just don't have the time right now.[/quote]

all it's doing is taking the one frame and usign it for left and right both. So it's like if the screen is moving in and out of the screen. That happens with any regular video you playy thru the player. So everything in the movie appears in one plane, however the entire screen has depth/ same depth
[quote name='dreamingawake' post='576285' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:23 PM']Well, there is no pop out but there is definitely some added depth to the picture. It definitely seems like it's

works is more amazing.

edit

all it's doing is taking the one frame and usign it for left and right both. So it's like if the screen is moving in and out of the screen. That happens with any regular video you playy thru the player. So everything in the movie appears in one plane, however the entire screen has depth/ same depth

16 gig Ram

Nvidia 3Dvision

Windows 7 64bit

Posted 08/10/2009 03:25 AM   
I am not getting fullscreen in S3d though. what am I missing?

I'm using the 3d player with the K-lite codec pack
I am not getting fullscreen in S3d though. what am I missing?

I'm using the 3d player with the K-lite codec pack

16 gig Ram

Nvidia 3Dvision

Windows 7 64bit

Posted 08/10/2009 03:27 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top