Recent nVidia drivers and DWM conflict on Windows Vista/7
As some may have noticed, the recent driver releases don't clock speed down properly after closing down games.
There is altso an issue with the driver bumping up speed when users open applications, and by using the Aero taskbar in the way where you can see your open programs.
The problem is that something in the driver conflicts (maybe with a function in the D3D module), and slows down the DWM detection / Desktop Composition 3D.
At some point it gets detected, and the driver slows the card down as supposed, it's just not fast enough.
As some may have noticed, the recent driver releases don't clock speed down properly after closing down games.

There is altso an issue with the driver bumping up speed when users open applications, and by using the Aero taskbar in the way where you can see your open programs.

The problem is that something in the driver conflicts (maybe with a function in the D3D module), and slows down the DWM detection / Desktop Composition 3D.

At some point it gets detected, and the driver slows the card down as supposed, it's just not fast enough.

Posted 08/08/2009 04:20 PM   
Nvidia Ready for Windows 7? because of DX10, the DWM will now use the same consistent amount of system memory no matter how many windows are open.
Nvidia Ready for Windows 7? because of DX10, the DWM will now use the same consistent amount of system memory no matter how many windows are open.

Posted 09/24/2009 11:16 PM   
That is true. I'm not sure wether Nvidia is ready for Windows 7 or not, but I do really know about the new DX11 video cards. Nvidia already have many problems with windows 7 compatiblility. This is enough head ache for Nvidia developers. Now let's see what they will manage to do with DX11 additional to windows 7 problems and how quick they will solve those issues.
That is true. I'm not sure wether Nvidia is ready for Windows 7 or not, but I do really know about the new DX11 video cards. Nvidia already have many problems with windows 7 compatiblility. This is enough head ache for Nvidia developers. Now let's see what they will manage to do with DX11 additional to windows 7 problems and how quick they will solve those issues.

Posted 11/04/2009 09:21 AM   
yes i agree with this i also noticed that thing...just looking for the solution here.....
yes i agree with this i also noticed that thing...just looking for the solution here.....

Posted 01/24/2010 02:10 PM   
[quote name='ethan1066' post='987713' date='Jan 24 2010, 11:10 AM']yes i agree with this i also noticed that thing...just looking for the solution here.....[/quote]

Any news on a solution?
[quote name='ethan1066' post='987713' date='Jan 24 2010, 11:10 AM']yes i agree with this i also noticed that thing...just looking for the solution here.....

Any news on a solution?

Posted 03/10/2010 04:00 PM   
Scroll To Top