Is it normal for 120hz display mode to split your screen?
Hello,

I have a Viewsonic Fuhzion (VX2265wm) and will be purchasing the 3d Vision glasses pretty soon. Right now I have the monitor hooked to Vista PC with an Nvidia 8800 GTX with 768MB of RAM. I will be switching this PC out for another one I'm building with a 2GB GTX 285 (EVGA).

Whenever I enable 120hz mode it splits my screen 4 ways. Is that normal? Again I don't have any of the 3D Vision equipment yet, I just thought enabling 120hz would make my picture better. Right now it's just at 60hz and it looks fine...

Thanks for any help...

T.
Hello,

I have a Viewsonic Fuhzion (VX2265wm) and will be purchasing the 3d Vision glasses pretty soon. Right now I have the monitor hooked to Vista PC with an Nvidia 8800 GTX with 768MB of RAM. I will be switching this PC out for another one I'm building with a 2GB GTX 285 (EVGA).

Whenever I enable 120hz mode it splits my screen 4 ways. Is that normal? Again I don't have any of the 3D Vision equipment yet, I just thought enabling 120hz would make my picture better. Right now it's just at 60hz and it looks fine...

Thanks for any help...

T.

Posted 08/07/2009 10:44 PM   
I'll admit I am not the best person to answer your question, but I have some ideas. Do you have the Stereoscopic drivers installed? Are they enabled? If it looks great at 60Hz, leave it be I think. Most LCDs are designed for 60Hz. 120Hz and 240Hz are for special interest apps and such.

If I am wrong, plz correct me /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' /> .
I'll admit I am not the best person to answer your question, but I have some ideas. Do you have the Stereoscopic drivers installed? Are they enabled? If it looks great at 60Hz, leave it be I think. Most LCDs are designed for 60Hz. 120Hz and 240Hz are for special interest apps and such.

If I am wrong, plz correct me /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' /> .

Posted 08/08/2009 02:51 AM   
Hexen,

No I don't have the Stereo drivers installed, just the .inf files for the Viewsonic monitor. I didn't think changing the refresh rate would split the screen I guess, I just thought the picture would look better, but not split. You might be right though, maybe you can't really turn up the rate to 120 unless you are actually using the glasses or have them attached. I plan to order those within the next 2 weeks and try them out. I'm excited Nvidia has a Batman Arkum Asylum demo on their website in the 3d mode.

T.

[quote name='Hexen525' post='575636' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:51 PM']I'll admit I am not the best person to answer your question, but I have some ideas. Do you have the Stereoscopic drivers installed? Are they enabled? If it looks great at 60Hz, leave it be I think. Most LCDs are designed for 60Hz. 120Hz and 240Hz are for special interest apps and such.

If I am wrong, plz correct me /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' /> .[/quote]
Hexen,

No I don't have the Stereo drivers installed, just the .inf files for the Viewsonic monitor. I didn't think changing the refresh rate would split the screen I guess, I just thought the picture would look better, but not split. You might be right though, maybe you can't really turn up the rate to 120 unless you are actually using the glasses or have them attached. I plan to order those within the next 2 weeks and try them out. I'm excited Nvidia has a Batman Arkum Asylum demo on their website in the 3d mode.

T.

[quote name='Hexen525' post='575636' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:51 PM']I'll admit I am not the best person to answer your question, but I have some ideas. Do you have the Stereoscopic drivers installed? Are they enabled? If it looks great at 60Hz, leave it be I think. Most LCDs are designed for 60Hz. 120Hz and 240Hz are for special interest apps and such.

Posted 08/08/2009 03:38 AM   
Hello nnhood,

I am having the same exact problem that your having, but I think I may have it solved. While I was investigating the issue, I noticed that the original cable that came with my brand new Viewsonic Fuhzion (VX2265wm) monitor does not have enough pins on it. The original cable that came with my monitor has two sets of nine pins and one large pin, which makes it 18+1. My monitor, however has 24+1 pins on it, so does my video card (MSI GTX260N), but anyway, to put it quite simply. I think if I replace my original cable with a 24+1 cable that supports the Dual-Link setup, that should fix the issue. So my theory is that there are simply not enough pins to support the full 120HZ resolution, which is why I am getting the four split separate screens. Apparently it's not supposed do that, I talked with nvidia and viewsonic about this issue. Nvidia said to me to ask viewsonic and see if there is a firmware update available for the monitor, (which there's not, unfortunately.). So in the end, they both said to check your cable that came with your monitor and I hope to god that's all it is.
By the way, I do have Stereoscopic 3D drivers installed, along with the nvidia video card drivers. Current Version is 257.15.

Sincerely,

train_52000
Hello nnhood,

I am having the same exact problem that your having, but I think I may have it solved. While I was investigating the issue, I noticed that the original cable that came with my brand new Viewsonic Fuhzion (VX2265wm) monitor does not have enough pins on it. The original cable that came with my monitor has two sets of nine pins and one large pin, which makes it 18+1. My monitor, however has 24+1 pins on it, so does my video card (MSI GTX260N), but anyway, to put it quite simply. I think if I replace my original cable with a 24+1 cable that supports the Dual-Link setup, that should fix the issue. So my theory is that there are simply not enough pins to support the full 120HZ resolution, which is why I am getting the four split separate screens. Apparently it's not supposed do that, I talked with nvidia and viewsonic about this issue. Nvidia said to me to ask viewsonic and see if there is a firmware update available for the monitor, (which there's not, unfortunately.). So in the end, they both said to check your cable that came with your monitor and I hope to god that's all it is.

By the way, I do have Stereoscopic 3D drivers installed, along with the nvidia video card drivers. Current Version is 257.15.

Sincerely,

train_52000

Posted 06/12/2010 07:36 AM   
Hello nnhood,

As I mentioned earlier, found out what was causing the four split screen issue. First of all, don't use the original cable that came with your monitor, simply because that cable does not have enough pins on it, aka 18+1. I fixed the issue by buying a 24+1 Dual View double shielded DVI cable on eBay. As soon I plugged that cable into my computer and booted up my machine. I was able to set my monitor at the full 120 hertz refresh rate on the native resolution, thus allowing me to view some of my video games in 3D, such as fallout 3 - game of the year edition, half life 2 and terminator 2 - war of the machines.

I hope this information helps anybody.

Sincerely,

train_52000

P.S. I even contacted nvidia's and viewsonic's technical support and they said to me to use the original cable. Well, first of all they need to get there facts straight by reading this forum that I posted (sad to say.)
Hello nnhood,

As I mentioned earlier, found out what was causing the four split screen issue. First of all, don't use the original cable that came with your monitor, simply because that cable does not have enough pins on it, aka 18+1. I fixed the issue by buying a 24+1 Dual View double shielded DVI cable on eBay. As soon I plugged that cable into my computer and booted up my machine. I was able to set my monitor at the full 120 hertz refresh rate on the native resolution, thus allowing me to view some of my video games in 3D, such as fallout 3 - game of the year edition, half life 2 and terminator 2 - war of the machines.

I hope this information helps anybody.

Sincerely,

train_52000

P.S. I even contacted nvidia's and viewsonic's technical support and they said to me to use the original cable. Well, first of all they need to get there facts straight by reading this forum that I posted (sad to say.)

Posted 06/24/2010 03:08 PM   
Scroll To Top