Fade-off with nVidia geForce FX 5200 :Plz Help BSOD and system hang with GeForce FX 5200
Hi

I'm totally fade-off with nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (MSI -T128) graphics PCI card. I've tried all options found on different forums and also with latest driver for the card both from MSI and nVidia. But non of these are able to solve my problem.

Even though, I have installed the latest driver for the card form nVidia or MSI, my system gives BSOD (infinite loop) on XP and system hang on Ubuntu/Linux. Request you to please help me out for this problem. Its dam sure something wrong in the card driver or BIOS settings as its occurring with any OS. This is my last ray of hope, with a expection that some nVidia people will help me out, else I'll have to throw the f**king card to bin. Sorry being unprofessional, but it seems that I have wasted my money banking on the brand nVidia :(

[b][u]PC Configuration:[/u]
1. Asus K8N motherboard (nVidia chipset, NO on-board graphics)
2. MSI T-128 (nVidia GeForce FX 5200) PCI graphics card
3. Windows XP SP3/ Ubuntu 9.04
4. 512 MB DDR1 RAM
5. 320GB, 7200 rpm Seagate ATA HDD
6. AMD Athlon XP 2800+
[/b]
Again request the nVidia people plz plz plz .. help me.

Note that, When I'm booting with safe mode in XP, the PC DOES NOT hangs.

Thank you in advance.
Hi

I'm totally fade-off with nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (MSI -T128) graphics PCI card. I've tried all options found on different forums and also with latest driver for the card both from MSI and nVidia. But non of these are able to solve my problem.

Even though, I have installed the latest driver for the card form nVidia or MSI, my system gives BSOD (infinite loop) on XP and system hang on Ubuntu/Linux. Request you to please help me out for this problem. Its dam sure something wrong in the card driver or BIOS settings as its occurring with any OS. This is my last ray of hope, with a expection that some nVidia people will help me out, else I'll have to throw the f**king card to bin. Sorry being unprofessional, but it seems that I have wasted my money banking on the brand nVidia :(

PC Configuration:

4. 512 MB DDR1 RAM

6. AMD Athlon XP 2800+

Thank you in advance.

Posted 08/07/2009 08:27 AM   
[quote name='urpradhan' post='575269' date='Aug 7 2009, 05:27 AM']Hi

[b][u]PC Configuration:[/u]
4. 512 MB DDR1 RAM
6. AMD Athlon XP 2800+
[/b]

Thank you in advance.[/quote]
Try these and see if it still hangs: [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html[/url]
[quote name='urpradhan' post='575269' date='Aug 7 2009, 05:27 AM']Hi

PC Configuration:

4. 512 MB DDR1 RAM

6. AMD Athlon XP 2800+

Thank you in advance.

Try these and see if it still hangs: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

Posted 08/07/2009 01:32 PM   
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' post='575365' date='Aug 7 2009, 07:02 PM']Try these and see if it still hangs: [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html[/url][/quote]
Sir, I'm having same problem in XP and Ubuntu. So its may not be an issue with driver. I guess there is some VGA BIOS settings will help. Plz suggest the recomended VGA settings.
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' post='575365' date='Aug 7 2009, 07:02 PM']Try these and see if it still hangs: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

Sir, I'm having same problem in XP and Ubuntu. So its may not be an issue with driver. I guess there is some VGA BIOS settings will help. Plz suggest the recomended VGA settings.

Posted 08/08/2009 05:06 AM   
[quote name='urpradhan' post='575662' date='Aug 8 2009, 10:36 AM']Sir, I'm having same problem in XP and Ubuntu. So its may not be an issue with driver. I guess there is some VGA BIOS settings will help. Plz suggest the recomended VGA settings.[/quote]

NO, THE LATEST DRIVER THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN THE LINK, IS NOT WORKING AND STILL MY PC HANGS AFTER FEW MINUTES. HOW COME NVIDIA CAN PRODUCE THESE KIND OF CRAPY PRODUCTS LOOTING CONSUMERS MONEY AND GIVING MENTAL STRESS.

THE BLAME SHOULD BE SHARED BY ASUS (MOTHER BOARD) + NVIDIA (CHIPSET) + MSI (GRAPHICS CARD). NO ONE IS READY TO SOLVE THIS GENUINE PROBLEM FOR THOUSANDS OF CONSUMERS WORLD WIDE.
[quote name='urpradhan' post='575662' date='Aug 8 2009, 10:36 AM']Sir, I'm having same problem in XP and Ubuntu. So its may not be an issue with driver. I guess there is some VGA BIOS settings will help. Plz suggest the recomended VGA settings.

NO, THE LATEST DRIVER THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN THE LINK, IS NOT WORKING AND STILL MY PC HANGS AFTER FEW MINUTES. HOW COME NVIDIA CAN PRODUCE THESE KIND OF CRAPY PRODUCTS LOOTING CONSUMERS MONEY AND GIVING MENTAL STRESS.

THE BLAME SHOULD BE SHARED BY ASUS (MOTHER BOARD) + NVIDIA (CHIPSET) + MSI (GRAPHICS CARD). NO ONE IS READY TO SOLVE THIS GENUINE PROBLEM FOR THOUSANDS OF CONSUMERS WORLD WIDE.

Posted 08/10/2009 11:33 AM   
For Ubuntu use the latest Legacy driver, and for Windows XP use the last available driver, which is 175.19. If there are still issues it may be a hardware problem.
For Ubuntu use the latest Legacy driver, and for Windows XP use the last available driver, which is 175.19. If there are still issues it may be a hardware problem.

Posted 10/21/2009 03:53 PM   
[quote name='CUBeR64' post='603528' date='Oct 21 2009, 01:53 PM']For Ubuntu use the latest Legacy driver, and for Windows XP use the last available driver, which is 175.19. If there are still issues it may be a hardware problem.[/quote]
That driver is not recommended for his card and might've fried it.
[quote name='CUBeR64' post='603528' date='Oct 21 2009, 01:53 PM']For Ubuntu use the latest Legacy driver, and for Windows XP use the last available driver, which is 175.19. If there are still issues it may be a hardware problem.

That driver is not recommended for his card and might've fried it.

Posted 10/21/2009 06:16 PM   
Scroll To Top