Petition for nView on Vista/Win7 The official campaign starts here
  1 / 8    
For those of you who use Multiple displays you may have some idea of what I am on about, for those who don`t here is a brief overview.

For Windows XP the GeForce graphics driver suites have had a wonderfully useful group of functions built in to them for simple management of multiple monitors attatched to one PC. This included tools which defined which screens applications/windows came up on, mouse gestures for moving windows around exceedingly large desktops and many others, especially the Horizontal Span feature. This would allow you to fool your pc into thinking that multiple monitors are in fact one single screen, ESPECIALLY useful in games. With Horizontal Span you can play your favourite games over three screens at such resolutions as 2048x768 for two monitors or even 3072x768 over three (which is incredible for driving games, spectacularly immersive).

Now nVidia in their infinite wisdom have removed this functionality from the driver suites under Vista and Windows 7 for reasons they seem to be keeping to themselves. Now these functions do exist but you have to own industry standard Quadro cards to use these functions on your home PC even though the GeForce series are fully capable of it.

Personally one of the big reasons I have stuck to nVidia over the years is purely because of this function, ATI`s equivelent was always nasty and not at all effective if it ever worked at all. So I and many of my friends who all use multi-screen systems are officialy annoyed at having been let down like this by our favourite manufacturor of graphics equipment and are all a bit upset and feel like we have been cheated, as in my case If I want htis back I HAVE to downgrade my OS to XP64 and lose 2Gig of RAM, it`s either that or just suffer with it and not be able to use my equipment to it`s full potential.

So because of this I am starting an offical campaign and petition to request nView functionality for GeForce cards under Vista/Win7. If you also want these functions to be returned to us please post below, If you want to help us (even though you don`t use them) also sign below, If you are thinking of upgrading to a multi-monitor system SIGN NOW so hopefully the best functions will be returned by the time you do. If you have a story explaining why you want these functions added please feel free to express it, the more of these we have the more nVidia will have to take us seriously.

If you can please post links to this petition on all/any other forums you are a member of, either that or copy/paste this post into your forum and start another petition and post a link in here to it so when the campaign has got big enough we can show it to nVidia.

This will never happen if you don`t express yourself so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE join this campaign and pass the details onto any other nVidia GF user you know and get them to sign.

Please no abuse or nastiness toward nVidia, this is a serious thing so please be respectful, We are just trying to show nVidia that a large section of their user base feels let down by them for removing these functions and want to encourage them to help, NOT slag them off so much they will never help.

Thank You in advance for taking part.

Offical Facebook group > [url="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=218872180289"]nView for Vista Petition[/url]
For those of you who use Multiple displays you may have some idea of what I am on about, for those who don`t here is a brief overview.

For Windows XP the GeForce graphics driver suites have had a wonderfully useful group of functions built in to them for simple management of multiple monitors attatched to one PC. This included tools which defined which screens applications/windows came up on, mouse gestures for moving windows around exceedingly large desktops and many others, especially the Horizontal Span feature. This would allow you to fool your pc into thinking that multiple monitors are in fact one single screen, ESPECIALLY useful in games. With Horizontal Span you can play your favourite games over three screens at such resolutions as 2048x768 for two monitors or even 3072x768 over three (which is incredible for driving games, spectacularly immersive).

Now nVidia in their infinite wisdom have removed this functionality from the driver suites under Vista and Windows 7 for reasons they seem to be keeping to themselves. Now these functions do exist but you have to own industry standard Quadro cards to use these functions on your home PC even though the GeForce series are fully capable of it.

Personally one of the big reasons I have stuck to nVidia over the years is purely because of this function, ATI`s equivelent was always nasty and not at all effective if it ever worked at all. So I and many of my friends who all use multi-screen systems are officialy annoyed at having been let down like this by our favourite manufacturor of graphics equipment and are all a bit upset and feel like we have been cheated, as in my case If I want htis back I HAVE to downgrade my OS to XP64 and lose 2Gig of RAM, it`s either that or just suffer with it and not be able to use my equipment to it`s full potential.

So because of this I am starting an offical campaign and petition to request nView functionality for GeForce cards under Vista/Win7. If you also want these functions to be returned to us please post below, If you want to help us (even though you don`t use them) also sign below, If you are thinking of upgrading to a multi-monitor system SIGN NOW so hopefully the best functions will be returned by the time you do. If you have a story explaining why you want these functions added please feel free to express it, the more of these we have the more nVidia will have to take us seriously.

If you can please post links to this petition on all/any other forums you are a member of, either that or copy/paste this post into your forum and start another petition and post a link in here to it so when the campaign has got big enough we can show it to nVidia.

This will never happen if you don`t express yourself so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE join this campaign and pass the details onto any other nVidia GF user you know and get them to sign.

Please no abuse or nastiness toward nVidia, this is a serious thing so please be respectful, We are just trying to show nVidia that a large section of their user base feels let down by them for removing these functions and want to encourage them to help, NOT slag them off so much they will never help.

Thank You in advance for taking part.

Offical Facebook group > nView for Vista Petition

Posted 08/02/2009 02:25 PM   
VERY DISSAPOINTED -

I bought this card remerbering the great functionnalities offered by nView.
I have a projection TV and needed the positionning capability of nView to make the desktop fit the screen.. Now it's impossible to make the display look great using your card on win7.

I tought it would make a huge difference goiing from ATI to nVidia.. and now I think you two aged very badly.

Tommy Henley
VERY DISSAPOINTED -

I have a projection TV and needed the positionning capability of nView to make the desktop fit the screen.. Now it's impossible to make the display look great using your card on win7.

I tought it would make a huge difference goiing from ATI to nVidia.. and now I think you two aged very badly.

Tommy Henley

Posted 10/02/2009 06:59 PM   
[quote name='StarRider XII' post='595564' date='Oct 2 2009, 12:59 PM']VERY DISSAPOINTED -

Tommy Henley[/quote]

Yes I too am very disappointed. There are great games (burnout) that allow fabulous views across monitors. Nvidia may try and blame windows but it's there issue to fix.
I will for sure be switching to whishever vender fixes it first!
[quote name='StarRider XII' post='595564' date='Oct 2 2009, 12:59 PM']VERY DISSAPOINTED -

Tommy Henley

Yes I too am very disappointed. There are great games (burnout) that allow fabulous views across monitors. Nvidia may try and blame windows but it's there issue to fix.

I will for sure be switching to whishever vender fixes it first!

Posted 12/11/2009 05:15 PM   
To be fair, I think this has a lot to do with the MicroSoft WDDM driver that was changed for Vista.

However, regardless of who is to blame for the lack of nView, I can't understand why this isn't a priority for MS and NVidia to get together and work out a solution. I also can't understand why you can't get a straight answer from anyone at microsoft or nvidia, just a lot of finger pointing.

This is an absolute requriement for my work computer. I use 2 screens and I just can't go to Windows 7 without horizontal span.

Come on guys. Get your act together!!!
To be fair, I think this has a lot to do with the MicroSoft WDDM driver that was changed for Vista.

However, regardless of who is to blame for the lack of nView, I can't understand why this isn't a priority for MS and NVidia to get together and work out a solution. I also can't understand why you can't get a straight answer from anyone at microsoft or nvidia, just a lot of finger pointing.

This is an absolute requriement for my work computer. I use 2 screens and I just can't go to Windows 7 without horizontal span.

Come on guys. Get your act together!!!

Posted 12/11/2009 07:10 PM   
So... interesting.

I have been looking at other posts and see that apparently horizontal span is available for the Quadro cards for Vista / Win 7.

This means it isn't a microsoft / WDDM problem. What this means is that Nvidia has made a conscious choice to only have horizontal span in the workstation level cards, but not the gaming cards. What could this mean????

But why would Nvidia specifically throw away the gaming market segment who want this? If you can have this functionality in the workstation driver, you can certainly have it in the gaming driver. But this just doesn't make any sense at all. Why piss off even a small number of gamers if gaming is the lead market for your cards?

Now it seems I can go and spend $160 for a quadro card to be able to upgrade to Win 7 at work. (my home system runs 2 8800GTs in SLI for gaming). I just built my work machine. It uses an i7, has 6 gigs ram, and other high end components including a geforce vidio card. I've been running XP 64 bit but I want to upgrade to Win7 64 bit. However I don't feel like buying another nvidia card since I bought my current nvidia card in good faith just to have nvidia say "Ha ha, fooled you. We aren't going to let you use your new card with win7".

If nvidia was trying to get long time nvidia users like me to go over to the ati web site to check out their cards, they have certainly done a good job.
So... interesting.

I have been looking at other posts and see that apparently horizontal span is available for the Quadro cards for Vista / Win 7.

This means it isn't a microsoft / WDDM problem. What this means is that Nvidia has made a conscious choice to only have horizontal span in the workstation level cards, but not the gaming cards. What could this mean????

But why would Nvidia specifically throw away the gaming market segment who want this? If you can have this functionality in the workstation driver, you can certainly have it in the gaming driver. But this just doesn't make any sense at all. Why piss off even a small number of gamers if gaming is the lead market for your cards?

Now it seems I can go and spend $160 for a quadro card to be able to upgrade to Win 7 at work. (my home system runs 2 8800GTs in SLI for gaming). I just built my work machine. It uses an i7, has 6 gigs ram, and other high end components including a geforce vidio card. I've been running XP 64 bit but I want to upgrade to Win7 64 bit. However I don't feel like buying another nvidia card since I bought my current nvidia card in good faith just to have nvidia say "Ha ha, fooled you. We aren't going to let you use your new card with win7".

If nvidia was trying to get long time nvidia users like me to go over to the ati web site to check out their cards, they have certainly done a good job.

Posted 12/11/2009 07:46 PM   
The NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager which you are familiar with under Windows XP for Geforce and Quadro graphics cards would not work under Windows Vista (and Windows 7) because of the changes to the display driver model introduced in Windows Vista. It had to be rewritten from the ground up. Only a tiny fraction of Geforce customers used or even knew what nView was so it was decided support would only be provided for Quadro customers since these customers tend to work with applications which can benefit from the features which the nView Desktop Manager provides. Although there are no plans in the near future to add nView Desktop Manager support for consumer graphics cards (Geforce), we do have a lot of new exciting features being worked on now which will be introduced in future display drivers for Geforce customers.
The NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager which you are familiar with under Windows XP for Geforce and Quadro graphics cards would not work under Windows Vista (and Windows 7) because of the changes to the display driver model introduced in Windows Vista. It had to be rewritten from the ground up. Only a tiny fraction of Geforce customers used or even knew what nView was so it was decided support would only be provided for Quadro customers since these customers tend to work with applications which can benefit from the features which the nView Desktop Manager provides. Although there are no plans in the near future to add nView Desktop Manager support for consumer graphics cards (Geforce), we do have a lot of new exciting features being worked on now which will be introduced in future display drivers for Geforce customers.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 12/11/2009 09:13 PM   
Nvidia has spoken. thanks ManuelG for stopping by and letting us at least know what the deal is.
Nvidia has spoken. thanks ManuelG for stopping by and letting us at least know what the deal is.

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 12/11/2009 09:16 PM   
I use Vista and Win 7 and have my 2 LG LCD displays spanned, I do miss nview, but I found that "Ultramon" and "Display Fusion" works just fine for taking up the slack.

Even without those apps, I am able to use the "Display Properties" in Vista/7 to enable, place, and span multiple displays in any order I want.

Is there something I am missing? I did use nview back in the days of Xp, but the apps mentioned above were also used back then in conjunction with nview. It's nice to be able to extend the taskbar and have only the windows open in a certain display show up in the appropriate taskbar.

I really only use Display Fusion for manipulating the desktop wallpaper to fit across the displays correctly.

Of course, I really don't use these functions at home because the rig in my sig is hooked up to either my Vidikron front projector, or to the LCD in my master bedroom.

I have the 22" LG displays in my office for productivity and I have a 3 way 24" (1920 x 1080 res each) setup at the shop using the apps I mentioned.

So, what else does nview do for you that can't be done using the methods I describe above?

Are you speaking of spanned gaming? For that I use a TH2G ... but we all know that has res limitations.

~Nutz
I use Vista and Win 7 and have my 2 LG LCD displays spanned, I do miss nview, but I found that "Ultramon" and "Display Fusion" works just fine for taking up the slack.

Even without those apps, I am able to use the "Display Properties" in Vista/7 to enable, place, and span multiple displays in any order I want.

Is there something I am missing? I did use nview back in the days of Xp, but the apps mentioned above were also used back then in conjunction with nview. It's nice to be able to extend the taskbar and have only the windows open in a certain display show up in the appropriate taskbar.

I really only use Display Fusion for manipulating the desktop wallpaper to fit across the displays correctly.

Of course, I really don't use these functions at home because the rig in my sig is hooked up to either my Vidikron front projector, or to the LCD in my master bedroom.

I have the 22" LG displays in my office for productivity and I have a 3 way 24" (1920 x 1080 res each) setup at the shop using the apps I mentioned.

So, what else does nview do for you that can't be done using the methods I describe above?

Are you speaking of spanned gaming? For that I use a TH2G ... but we all know that has res limitations.

~Nutz

EVGA Classified - e760

Intel i7 980x @ 3.8Ghz

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50

Corsair Dominator GT - 12GB @ 2000Mhz

Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe

3x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked in TriSLI

Clocks: ©800Mhz - (S)1598Mhz - (M)4053Mhz {E}

2x 150GB WD RaptorX in Raid 0

2x 1TB WD Black in Raid 0

2x Samsung DVD Burners

PC P&C T12W 1200w PSU

MPlay202+ System Control/Display

Custom Cooler Master Stacker 830

Vidikron Vision 150 DLP Projector 120"- 1080P

Samsung LN52B750 52" LCD HDTV

2x LG L227WG 22" LCDs

3D Vision - Driver ver. 1.23

Posted 12/12/2009 04:11 AM   
[quote name='ImNutz4NvSLI' post='963450' date='Dec 12 2009, 03:11 PM']I use Vista and Win 7 and have my 2 LG LCD displays spanned, I do miss nview, but I found that "Ultramon" and "Display Fusion" works just fine for taking up the slack.

~Nutz[/quote]

+1 for UltraMon. Yeah, it's shareware but it does everything nView does & more.
[quote name='ImNutz4NvSLI' post='963450' date='Dec 12 2009, 03:11 PM']I use Vista and Win 7 and have my 2 LG LCD displays spanned, I do miss nview, but I found that "Ultramon" and "Display Fusion" works just fine for taking up the slack.

~Nutz

+1 for UltraMon. Yeah, it's shareware but it does everything nView does & more.

Posted 12/12/2009 04:26 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='963310' date='Dec 11 2009, 04:13 PM']The NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager which you are familiar with under Windows XP for Geforce and Quadro graphics cards would not work under Windows Vista (and Windows 7)[/quote]

Thank you for the direct answer. I must have misunderstood another post when I thought the Quadro cards would support horizontal span under win7. Its not the answer I wanted to hear but at least its an answer.

[quote name='ManuelG' post='963310' date='Dec 11 2009, 04:13 PM']we do have a lot of new exciting features being worked on now which will be introduced in future display drivers for Geforce customers.[/quote]

Unfortunately all of the fabulous new features in the world won't help me move to win 7 if horizontal span isn't available.

Its very odd that MicroSoft and Nvidia both say that span is not used by many people. Since I noticed this problem, I have found a lot of complaints about it missing.
[quote name='ManuelG' post='963310' date='Dec 11 2009, 04:13 PM']The NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager which you are familiar with under Windows XP for Geforce and Quadro graphics cards would not work under Windows Vista (and Windows 7)

Thank you for the direct answer. I must have misunderstood another post when I thought the Quadro cards would support horizontal span under win7. Its not the answer I wanted to hear but at least its an answer.

[quote name='ManuelG' post='963310' date='Dec 11 2009, 04:13 PM']we do have a lot of new exciting features being worked on now which will be introduced in future display drivers for Geforce customers.

Unfortunately all of the fabulous new features in the world won't help me move to win 7 if horizontal span isn't available.

Its very odd that MicroSoft and Nvidia both say that span is not used by many people. Since I noticed this problem, I have found a lot of complaints about it missing.

Posted 12/12/2009 01:12 PM   
[quote name='ImNutz4NvSLI' post='963450' date='Dec 11 2009, 11:11 PM']I found that "Ultramon" and "Display Fusion" works just fine for taking up the slack.[/quote]

I'll take a look at these. I'll be pissed if I have to pay more money to get back a feature that I thought I'd already paid for. The thing I don't understand is how ultramon and display fusion would be able to provide a software solution for span in win 7 but Nvidia can't add it to their drivers. Of course I won't know if these apps actually provide this in win 7 so I'll have to wait and see. Mind you ATI has their new eyefinity drivers and I'll have to look into that as well.

[quote name='ImNutz4NvSLI' post='963450' date='Dec 11 2009, 11:11 PM']So, what else does nview do for you that can't be done using the methods I describe above?[/quote]

The main issue I have is with being able to maximize an app over my 2 displays. If you use "extend desktop" and hit the maximize button, apps will maximize to only one screen. With span, the app will maximize to all monitors. without span you can still take a window, drag it to the top left, then resize it to fit to ALMOST the entire 2 screens, but this takes a little bit of time each time. I open and maximize word docs, email, my development environment, spreadsheets, and other apps about 100 times a day. I added it up and it was 10 to 15 minutes a day. This isn't gaming its just regular work (I own my own software company) and I don't have a lot of time to mess with this stuff.
[quote name='ImNutz4NvSLI' post='963450' date='Dec 11 2009, 11:11 PM']I found that "Ultramon" and "Display Fusion" works just fine for taking up the slack.

I'll take a look at these. I'll be pissed if I have to pay more money to get back a feature that I thought I'd already paid for. The thing I don't understand is how ultramon and display fusion would be able to provide a software solution for span in win 7 but Nvidia can't add it to their drivers. Of course I won't know if these apps actually provide this in win 7 so I'll have to wait and see. Mind you ATI has their new eyefinity drivers and I'll have to look into that as well.

[quote name='ImNutz4NvSLI' post='963450' date='Dec 11 2009, 11:11 PM']So, what else does nview do for you that can't be done using the methods I describe above?

The main issue I have is with being able to maximize an app over my 2 displays. If you use "extend desktop" and hit the maximize button, apps will maximize to only one screen. With span, the app will maximize to all monitors. without span you can still take a window, drag it to the top left, then resize it to fit to ALMOST the entire 2 screens, but this takes a little bit of time each time. I open and maximize word docs, email, my development environment, spreadsheets, and other apps about 100 times a day. I added it up and it was 10 to 15 minutes a day. This isn't gaming its just regular work (I own my own software company) and I don't have a lot of time to mess with this stuff.

Posted 12/12/2009 01:25 PM   
[quote name='4ofN' post='963556' date='Dec 12 2009, 08:25 AM']I'll take a look at these.[/quote]

I checked out both of these programs and neither one of them actually does horizontal span. What they do is automatically resize the window to its maximum (non-maximized) size - as if you had moved the window to the top left, and then used the bottom right corner to stretch the window out. This leave borders around the window etc. so it isn't quite maximized. The other problem is that if you want to see the app in a smaller window you have to resize it manually. In fact DisplayFusion doesn't even do the maximize trick properly. I keep my task bar on the left hand screen border and when displayfusion does it's maximize trick, it puts the left side of the window underneath the task bar.

I realize that I'm nit-picking here. However, horizontal span works so well in XP that its hard to lose even a bit of the functionality. I'd love to move to win 7 at work, but these programs don't quite do it well enough for me.
[quote name='4ofN' post='963556' date='Dec 12 2009, 08:25 AM']I'll take a look at these.

I checked out both of these programs and neither one of them actually does horizontal span. What they do is automatically resize the window to its maximum (non-maximized) size - as if you had moved the window to the top left, and then used the bottom right corner to stretch the window out. This leave borders around the window etc. so it isn't quite maximized. The other problem is that if you want to see the app in a smaller window you have to resize it manually. In fact DisplayFusion doesn't even do the maximize trick properly. I keep my task bar on the left hand screen border and when displayfusion does it's maximize trick, it puts the left side of the window underneath the task bar.

I realize that I'm nit-picking here. However, horizontal span works so well in XP that its hard to lose even a bit of the functionality. I'd love to move to win 7 at work, but these programs don't quite do it well enough for me.

Posted 12/12/2009 03:26 PM   
Hi, I'm signing in for the Petition !!!

I have GTX 285 (connected to two 24" monitors) and 8800GT (connected to a 15" monitor), and am looking to enable "Span" in Nvidia control panel... I know it [b]*was*[/b] there (back in XP), now it's just a page with checkboxes (I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for now). I do need that function back, because I have several applications that uses 3D acceleration that runs windowed mode, and it wreak havoc when I move the window from one monitor to another.

Can Nvidia please enable the "Span" mode back? Your main competitor (AMD/ATi) has that feature up and running in their latest driver, it's called EyeFinity, and it is working beautifully. I've used Nvidia cards since Nvidia Riva TNT days (I've had Riva TNT, the original GeForce, GeForce 2, GeForce 3, GeForce 4, GeForce FX, GeForce 6 series, GeForce 8 series, and the latest one is this GTX 285), I really don't want to "move on", but customers sometimes have to swallow the bitter pill of migrating from one solution to another (T__T)

Come on, Nvidia... ATi (which is IMO is inferior than you) is able to accomplish that feat, and it is up and running on their last driver. @hpbifta, EyeFinity mode works just like Nvidia "Span", in Windows Control Panel for resolution, it will show ONE HUGE monitor, not 2 seperate monitor side by side, I've played many games under EyeFinity in Windows 7 (unfortunately, the rig is my friend's, and he play games on it, and it works).

Oh, and for those who really really want to enable "Nview", you guys can install Nview manually, here's how:

Extract the GeForce driver you've downloaded onto a folder, browse into that folder, look for "nviewsetup.exe", doubleclick it... the rest is history. There are some feature(s) missing for those with x64 installations... not all features are enabled, but it's partially working... at least... (^_^).

Regards,

zzz2496
Hi, I'm signing in for the Petition !!!

I have GTX 285 (connected to two 24" monitors) and 8800GT (connected to a 15" monitor), and am looking to enable "Span" in Nvidia control panel... I know it *was* there (back in XP), now it's just a page with checkboxes (I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for now). I do need that function back, because I have several applications that uses 3D acceleration that runs windowed mode, and it wreak havoc when I move the window from one monitor to another.

Can Nvidia please enable the "Span" mode back? Your main competitor (AMD/ATi) has that feature up and running in their latest driver, it's called EyeFinity, and it is working beautifully. I've used Nvidia cards since Nvidia Riva TNT days (I've had Riva TNT, the original GeForce, GeForce 2, GeForce 3, GeForce 4, GeForce FX, GeForce 6 series, GeForce 8 series, and the latest one is this GTX 285), I really don't want to "move on", but customers sometimes have to swallow the bitter pill of migrating from one solution to another (T__T)

Come on, Nvidia... ATi (which is IMO is inferior than you) is able to accomplish that feat, and it is up and running on their last driver. @hpbifta, EyeFinity mode works just like Nvidia "Span", in Windows Control Panel for resolution, it will show ONE HUGE monitor, not 2 seperate monitor side by side, I've played many games under EyeFinity in Windows 7 (unfortunately, the rig is my friend's, and he play games on it, and it works).

Oh, and for those who really really want to enable "Nview", you guys can install Nview manually, here's how:

Extract the GeForce driver you've downloaded onto a folder, browse into that folder, look for "nviewsetup.exe", doubleclick it... the rest is history. There are some feature(s) missing for those with x64 installations... not all features are enabled, but it's partially working... at least... (^_^).

Regards,

zzz2496

Posted 12/22/2009 09:44 PM   
[quote name='zzz2496' post='969069' date='Dec 22 2009, 04:44 PM']Oh, and for those who really really want to enable "Nview", you guys can install Nview manually, here's how:

Extract the GeForce driver you've downloaded onto a folder, browse into that folder, look for "nviewsetup.exe", doubleclick it... the rest is history. There are some feature(s) missing for those with x64 installations... not all features are enabled, but it's partially working... at least... (^_^).[/quote]

I've tried this and couldn't see anything for horizontal span. Nview is installed (as per the programs and features), but in NVIDIA Control Panel the Set up multiple displays screen doesn't have anything about horizontal span. I think that this is where is was located in XP - and I've looked at all the other options and couldn't find it.

Can you see a horizontal span option and if so, where is it?

I am running Win 7 with a 9400GT card connected to 2 Samsung 1600x1200 monitors.which has horizontal span in XP.
[quote name='zzz2496' post='969069' date='Dec 22 2009, 04:44 PM']Oh, and for those who really really want to enable "Nview", you guys can install Nview manually, here's how:

I've tried this and couldn't see anything for horizontal span. Nview is installed (as per the programs and features), but in NVIDIA Control Panel the Set up multiple displays screen doesn't have anything about horizontal span. I think that this is where is was located in XP - and I've looked at all the other options and couldn't find it.

Can you see a horizontal span option and if so, where is it?

I am running Win 7 with a 9400GT card connected to 2 Samsung 1600x1200 monitors.which has horizontal span in XP.

Posted 12/25/2009 04:17 PM   
[quote name='hpbifta' post='573160' date='Aug 2 2009, 09:25 AM']If I want htis back I HAVE to downgrade my OS to XP64 and lose 2Gig of RAM, it`s either that or just suffer with it and not be able to use my equipment to it`s full potential.[/quote]
While I agree that I liked nView very much to use across multiple LCD's, I am a bit confused as to why you would have to lose 2GB RAM ??

If I am reading correctly, your saying XP 64bit (XP64) cannot read all of your memory?? 64bit XP can address up to 128GB. Only 32bit is limited to 4GB.

Even 32bit Vista and Windows 7 is limited to 4GB - and again 64bit is much higher.

Good place to view memory limitations of each Windows editions is here:
[url="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778(VS.85).aspx"]http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778(VS.85).aspx[/url]
[quote name='hpbifta' post='573160' date='Aug 2 2009, 09:25 AM']If I want htis back I HAVE to downgrade my OS to XP64 and lose 2Gig of RAM, it`s either that or just suffer with it and not be able to use my equipment to it`s full potential.

While I agree that I liked nView very much to use across multiple LCD's, I am a bit confused as to why you would have to lose 2GB RAM ??

If I am reading correctly, your saying XP 64bit (XP64) cannot read all of your memory?? 64bit XP can address up to 128GB. Only 32bit is limited to 4GB.

Even 32bit Vista and Windows 7 is limited to 4GB - and again 64bit is much higher.

Good place to view memory limitations of each Windows editions is here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778(VS.85).aspx

Posted 12/26/2009 11:44 PM   
  1 / 8    
Scroll To Top