geforce 8400 m gt directx 8.1 error on c&c generals
I have problem with game comand and conquer generals. When i start the game give me directx error.

"Please make sure you have directx 8.1 or higher installed also verify your video card meets the minimum requirment"

I searched for help on C&C's website,Vaio's website and vista website but i didn't find any solution. I try to make option.ini file also work with administrator's rights.I also tried to use compatiblty mode of vista with xp service pack 3 (and other version)but it didnt work

My system is sony vaio
Model:VGN-FZ31E
CPU: intel core 2 duo processor t5450 1.66Ghz
Memory:2GB/Go DDR2 SDRAM
Grapich card: NVIDIA Geforce 8400M GT GPU
I have directx 10 .Actulay i tried to download directx 10.1 but i think its didn't accept when i execute dxdiag it's writing directx 10.
Also in vaio update program, i couldn't find any patch or download driver for geforce (i asked it to vaio's forum but i didn't get any answer)

Ä°s there anyting i can do? patch, driver update for geforce or someting?
I have problem with game comand and conquer generals. When i start the game give me directx error.

"Please make sure you have directx 8.1 or higher installed also verify your video card meets the minimum requirment"

I searched for help on C&C's website,Vaio's website and vista website but i didn't find any solution. I try to make option.ini file also work with administrator's rights.I also tried to use compatiblty mode of vista with xp service pack 3 (and other version)but it didnt work

My system is sony vaio

I have directx 10 .Actulay i tried to download directx 10.1 but i think its didn't accept when i execute dxdiag it's writing directx 10.

Also in vaio update program, i couldn't find any patch or download driver for geforce (i asked it to vaio's forum but i didn't get any answer)

Posted 07/22/2009 01:36 PM   
[quote name='Kemaettin' post='568532' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:36 PM']I have problem with game comand and conquer generals. When i start the game give me directx error.

My system is sony vaio

Ä°s there anyting i can do? patch, driver update for geforce or someting?[/quote]

U downloaded DX 10.1? That card doesn't support 10.1. Sounds like you've been installing incorrect drivers which would explain the errors.

Go into Control panel/Programs Features, uninstall Nvidia Physx. Then go back to Control Panel and into Device Manager, right click ur video card/display adapter from the drop-down box and uninstall it. When windows asks if u want to uninstall the driver for that device, choose Yes. Restart your laptop. Go to www.nvidia.com and click on the Drivers tab. Search for your 8M series driver in the search tabs then download the latest driver and install it. Might be worth going to Microsoft.com and installing the latest version of DX9c which i think is the March release. See if that works. If all else fails, play Red Alert 2 instead coz its heaps better than slow-mo Generals :D
[quote name='Kemaettin' post='568532' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:36 PM']I have problem with game comand and conquer generals. When i start the game give me directx error.

My system is sony vaio

U downloaded DX 10.1? That card doesn't support 10.1. Sounds like you've been installing incorrect drivers which would explain the errors.

Go into Control panel/Programs Features, uninstall Nvidia Physx. Then go back to Control Panel and into Device Manager, right click ur video card/display adapter from the drop-down box and uninstall it. When windows asks if u want to uninstall the driver for that device, choose Yes. Restart your laptop. Go to www.nvidia.com and click on the Drivers tab. Search for your 8M series driver in the search tabs then download the latest driver and install it. Might be worth going to Microsoft.com and installing the latest version of DX9c which i think is the March release. See if that works. If all else fails, play Red Alert 2 instead coz its heaps better than slow-mo Generals :D

2x EVGA GTX580 (3GB version) in SLI

Core i7 980x @stock

G.Skill DDR3 12GB @ 1600mhz

EVGA Classified E7624-Way SLI motherboard

LG Blu Ray Player/DVD re-writer

27" Samsung SA950 3D monitor

Auzentek Home Theatre HD X-fi Soundcard

Logitech Z5500 5.1 surround

Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200w PSU

Coolermaster HAF X case

3x OCZ Agility 240GB SSD's in RAID 0

2x Seagate 500GB HDD's in RAID 0 (backup)

Posted 07/23/2009 12:00 PM   
Scroll To Top