32 bit uninstaller on 64 bit system.
Hi everybody, I´ve been having a problem when installing the newest drivers for my geforce 9800.

My pc is running on windows vista 64 bit edition.

When I try to install the newest driver(186.18) I get varius error messages telling me this:

"You are running a 32 bit version of Nvidia uninstaller on a 64 bit system. Wrong version of uninstaller. Uninstaller exits now."

and then...

"Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista[64-bit]. This setup program and its associeted drivers are designed to run only on Windows[64-bit]. The installation willl be terminated."

I really dont know how to fix this, so I was wondering if someone had this problem and fixed it.

Thank you.
Hi everybody, I´ve been having a problem when installing the newest drivers for my geforce 9800.

My pc is running on windows vista 64 bit edition.

When I try to install the newest driver(186.18) I get varius error messages telling me this:

"You are running a 32 bit version of Nvidia uninstaller on a 64 bit system. Wrong version of uninstaller. Uninstaller exits now."

and then...

"Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista[64-bit]. This setup program and its associeted drivers are designed to run only on Windows[64-bit]. The installation willl be terminated."

I really dont know how to fix this, so I was wondering if someone had this problem and fixed it.

Thank you.

Posted 07/18/2009 12:23 PM   
Most likely a corrupt download. Try redownloading the drivers from another site.
Most likely a corrupt download. Try redownloading the drivers from another site.

Posted 07/18/2009 01:39 PM   
Scroll To Top