3D Vision - XP drivers (non Quadro) 3D vision - XP Drivers for non quadro cards
  1 / 2    
Just writting this post to remind the nvidia guys that there is demand for xp drivers for the 3D vision.

Please, does someone knows a hack or something to make the 3d vision work with XP non quadro machines?

At least we deserve an ETA from nVidia. Any idea?

Thanks.
:ph34r:
Just writting this post to remind the nvidia guys that there is demand for xp drivers for the 3D vision.

Please, does someone knows a hack or something to make the 3d vision work with XP non quadro machines?

Thanks.

Posted 07/13/2009 03:51 PM   
[quote name='Blackbox2' post='564837' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:51 AM']Just writting this post to remind the nvidia guys that there is demand for xp drivers for the 3D vision.

Thanks.
:ph34r:[/quote]

I completely agree (and bought a GTX 260 based on this hope) but Nvidia has no interest in doing this. Andrew was pretty definitive in [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=90956&view=findpost&p=554720"]this post[/url] that XP and GeForce would never date, much less marry. That said, it never hurts to ask or remind.....
[quote name='Blackbox2' post='564837' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:51 AM']Just writting this post to remind the nvidia guys that there is demand for xp drivers for the 3D vision.

Thanks.

I completely agree (and bought a GTX 260 based on this hope) but Nvidia has no interest in doing this. Andrew was pretty definitive in this post that XP and GeForce would never date, much less marry. That said, it never hurts to ask or remind.....

Using 3D Vision & Quadro 4000 for GIS apps on 64-bit Windows 7/Dell T7500 Workstation

Posted 07/14/2009 12:54 PM   
I ´m also waiting for 3D Vision-Drivers for Windows XP and my Geforce 8800GTS. Really unbelievable that such little thing could be that kind of a problem :huh: It´s working fine under Win7 for me, but there are still a lot of games that won´t work with Win7. Come on NVidia-Guys, just do it!

NUPSI
[size=1](Please excuse my poor english)[/size]
I ´m also waiting for 3D Vision-Drivers for Windows XP and my Geforce 8800GTS. Really unbelievable that such little thing could be that kind of a problem :huh: It´s working fine under Win7 for me, but there are still a lot of games that won´t work with Win7. Come on NVidia-Guys, just do it!

NUPSI

(Please excuse my poor english)

Posted 08/05/2009 09:48 AM   
The Problem with XP drivers is that soon they'll be 2 operating systems and 2 versions of direct x old thats along way behind, its like wondering why new drivers for windows 98 and directx 8 arent about. while not entirely there the principles supruisingly similar.

How many games that benifit wont work under windows 7?

Don't forget Nvidia probably is working on ther Directx 11 stuff very hard at the moment, and getting this ready to work with them.

While it would be nice its long been a fact that ocassionally your gonna have to upgrade things including your operating system. W7 is not the bloated beast Vista was (though the service pack did a ffairly impressive lyposuction job there). And given the superior consumer 64 bit support and the cheapness of ram the extra overhead is easy to swallow.
The Problem with XP drivers is that soon they'll be 2 operating systems and 2 versions of direct x old thats along way behind, its like wondering why new drivers for windows 98 and directx 8 arent about. while not entirely there the principles supruisingly similar.

How many games that benifit wont work under windows 7?

Don't forget Nvidia probably is working on ther Directx 11 stuff very hard at the moment, and getting this ready to work with them.

While it would be nice its long been a fact that ocassionally your gonna have to upgrade things including your operating system. W7 is not the bloated beast Vista was (though the service pack did a ffairly impressive lyposuction job there). And given the superior consumer 64 bit support and the cheapness of ram the extra overhead is easy to swallow.

Posted 08/05/2009 11:27 AM   
Yeah seriously guys. Nvidia's already stated they're not going to support XP with non-quadro drivers. They don't have unlimited development resources and the more platforms they support, the more watered down the support gets for each one.

Just upgrade your operating system for Pete sake and accept the fact that certain games aren't going to work or won't be supported. It's not Nvidia's fault that some game developers didn't write their games to be compatible with operating systems newer than XP. Go post on the game developers forums and maybe you'll get some better results.
Yeah seriously guys. Nvidia's already stated they're not going to support XP with non-quadro drivers. They don't have unlimited development resources and the more platforms they support, the more watered down the support gets for each one.

Just upgrade your operating system for Pete sake and accept the fact that certain games aren't going to work or won't be supported. It's not Nvidia's fault that some game developers didn't write their games to be compatible with operating systems newer than XP. Go post on the game developers forums and maybe you'll get some better results.

Posted 08/05/2009 02:37 PM   
I'm sorry, but the last two statements were completely ludicrous.

Yes, XP is 8 years old now. And it WORKS.
Vista was launched and was so badly done, that a little over 2 years later they had to release a whole new OS to replace it.
And from everything I've read Windows 7 is just a prettied up version of the OS Vista was supposed to be.
But that's not my point.

My point is that you can't upgrade from XP to Windows 7 without being a computer professional.
There's no installer that will conform XP without requiring all apps and programs be reinstalled and re-registered.
Kinda hard to do in a day and age when its so convenient to buy and download apps over the web.

My point is Microsoft missed the point. Again.
My point is I am an adult.
My point is I do not have weeks or months to reorganize and reinstall and re-purchase and re-register every program and file I've collected and use regularly over the last 8 years.
Especially, because they work NOW.

And yes I know and understand the pace of Technology. I realized these things must be upgraded periodically.
However, I shouldn't be required to invest stupid amounts of time and resources to reconfigure a TOOL, which I use to manage my personal and professional life. And my hobbies. And my correspondence. And my Entertainment.

I want this product.
I want 3D interactive gaming.
I've wanted it for a long time.

There are MILLIONS of people who simply refused to be put out by Microsoft's bad first attempt at something that was supposed to be useful.
And now that they got it right, we'll have to wait some more for them to make it possible for the rest of us to upgrade.
I spent more money building this computer than i did on my Entertainment center and all the peripherals and consoles.
And I'm sorry, I'm not letting Corky drive the Harley. /omg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':omg:' />

It is Ludicrous not to support XP for this device.
There are Millions who demand and need a functional computing device.
And they won't give up something that works to start from scratch, just 'cause it's old'.
It's not like upgrading from and XBOX to an XBOX360.

I want this product.
And so do a lot of other people.
And until Microsoft makes an XP/Windows 7 installer, the good folks at nVidia should consider supporting XP.
Because it works.
Because I'm an Adult.
Because I work for a living.
Because I have money.
And I want this product.
(And I don't have time for the aneurysm installing Vista or 7 would cause) :blink:

I'm probably inadvertently asking nVidia to do stupid amounts of work to accommodate me.
All I'm saying is that I would buy it.
And so would a lot of other people.
And frankly, I think that's kinda the point of commerce.

Thanks,
3DWannabe
I'm sorry, but the last two statements were completely ludicrous.

Yes, XP is 8 years old now. And it WORKS.

Vista was launched and was so badly done, that a little over 2 years later they had to release a whole new OS to replace it.

And from everything I've read Windows 7 is just a prettied up version of the OS Vista was supposed to be.

But that's not my point.

My point is that you can't upgrade from XP to Windows 7 without being a computer professional.

There's no installer that will conform XP without requiring all apps and programs be reinstalled and re-registered.

Kinda hard to do in a day and age when its so convenient to buy and download apps over the web.

My point is Microsoft missed the point. Again.

My point is I am an adult.

My point is I do not have weeks or months to reorganize and reinstall and re-purchase and re-register every program and file I've collected and use regularly over the last 8 years.

Especially, because they work NOW.

And yes I know and understand the pace of Technology. I realized these things must be upgraded periodically.

However, I shouldn't be required to invest stupid amounts of time and resources to reconfigure a TOOL, which I use to manage my personal and professional life. And my hobbies. And my correspondence. And my Entertainment.

I want this product.

I want 3D interactive gaming.

I've wanted it for a long time.

There are MILLIONS of people who simply refused to be put out by Microsoft's bad first attempt at something that was supposed to be useful.

And now that they got it right, we'll have to wait some more for them to make it possible for the rest of us to upgrade.

I spent more money building this computer than i did on my Entertainment center and all the peripherals and consoles.

And I'm sorry, I'm not letting Corky drive the Harley. /omg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':omg:' />

It is Ludicrous not to support XP for this device.

There are Millions who demand and need a functional computing device.

And they won't give up something that works to start from scratch, just 'cause it's old'.

It's not like upgrading from and XBOX to an XBOX360.

I want this product.

And so do a lot of other people.

And until Microsoft makes an XP/Windows 7 installer, the good folks at nVidia should consider supporting XP.

Because it works.

Because I'm an Adult.

Because I work for a living.

Because I have money.

And I want this product.

(And I don't have time for the aneurysm installing Vista or 7 would cause) :blink:

I'm probably inadvertently asking nVidia to do stupid amounts of work to accommodate me.

All I'm saying is that I would buy it.

And so would a lot of other people.

And frankly, I think that's kinda the point of commerce.

Thanks,

3DWannabe

Posted 10/17/2009 11:48 PM   
Im with 3DWannabe.. I want it on XP as well.

If its too difficult for nvidia engineers to handle then maybe they should look at hiring some new ones..

They had a working stereo 3d driver (in the earlier series drivers) that did EXACTLY what is needed. It even had the EXACT same demo program.. and worked perfectly with 3d shutterglasses.. (edimensional and a few otherS)

I own some edimensional glasses, and they are a bit rubbish.. but nvidia came to my rescue with some awesome advances.. and the shutterglasses that seem to be very very good.. then you screwed it by rewriting a working driver.. into something that only works on vista and upwards.. doh. talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Im with 3DWannabe.. I want it on XP as well.

If its too difficult for nvidia engineers to handle then maybe they should look at hiring some new ones..

They had a working stereo 3d driver (in the earlier series drivers) that did EXACTLY what is needed. It even had the EXACT same demo program.. and worked perfectly with 3d shutterglasses.. (edimensional and a few otherS)

I own some edimensional glasses, and they are a bit rubbish.. but nvidia came to my rescue with some awesome advances.. and the shutterglasses that seem to be very very good.. then you screwed it by rewriting a working driver.. into something that only works on vista and upwards.. doh. talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Posted 10/18/2009 11:05 AM   
[quote name='liquor beard' post='574508' date='Aug 5 2009, 02:37 PM']It's not Nvidia's fault that some game developers didn't write their games to be compatible with operating systems newer than XP. Go post on the game developers forums and maybe you'll get some better results.[/quote]

So your logic is that games developers shoudl program for a situation that they cannot possibly know about (future operating systems can change anythign they like), but nvidia dont need to program any backward compatibility.. which is easier as things that have happened in the past can be looked up..

Doesnt really make sense.

It's actually fair enough that nvidia havent made XP drivers.. It's their choice and I guess they arent really that bothered about this product succeeding.. however its a lot less crazy for people to suggest that they should do that (and lets face it by doing it they WILL sell more product) than to suggest that games devs should apply some kind of time machine to see what might break thier games in the future, surely :D
[quote name='liquor beard' post='574508' date='Aug 5 2009, 02:37 PM']It's not Nvidia's fault that some game developers didn't write their games to be compatible with operating systems newer than XP. Go post on the game developers forums and maybe you'll get some better results.

So your logic is that games developers shoudl program for a situation that they cannot possibly know about (future operating systems can change anythign they like), but nvidia dont need to program any backward compatibility.. which is easier as things that have happened in the past can be looked up..

Doesnt really make sense.

It's actually fair enough that nvidia havent made XP drivers.. It's their choice and I guess they arent really that bothered about this product succeeding.. however its a lot less crazy for people to suggest that they should do that (and lets face it by doing it they WILL sell more product) than to suggest that games devs should apply some kind of time machine to see what might break thier games in the future, surely :D

Posted 10/18/2009 11:11 AM   
This is the same reply I posted to the other current XP support thread:

Probably the most reliable indicator of the hardware/OS PC gamers are using is Steam’s Hardware Survey:

[url="http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey"]http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey[/url]

Steam is a service that serves gamers, so it is not cluttered with data reflecting the general population. As of September 2009, XP is still used by 52.1% of gamers. This is the most objective data we have to go by. Is that number dropping? Yes…slowly. Will a good number of those gamers migrate to Windows 7? Maybe…eventually…but it may be a slow process. That does not change the fact that 3D Vision was released nearly a year ago…and nVidia shut out a large segment of the gaming population by not supporting XP. There is little to debate on that matter…just look at the numbers.

At some point in 3D Vision’s development nVidia made a strategic decision to lock out XP…we do not know what they were basing their decision on, but I am sure they had their reasons at the time (hopefully based on valid data). Perhaps they reasoned that the most hardcore users would be running Vista using a very high-end PC, and that those users would be less likely to complain about the performance hit 3D Vision causes (and return the product to the retailer). However, there is a large library of old games that are compatible with 3D Vision…games which could be run on lower spec machines (supposedly running XP). Anyway, for every point, a counterpoint can be formulated. It’s all speculation, since we end users know little of what goes on behind closed doors at nVidia…

Did the loss of sales to XP users hurt 3D Vision, or did the savings in driver/tech support outweigh those potential profits? We may never know. However, I do hope 3D Vision survives.

EDIT: Added "hopefully based on valid data" comment.
This is the same reply I posted to the other current XP support thread:

Probably the most reliable indicator of the hardware/OS PC gamers are using is Steam’s Hardware Survey:

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Steam is a service that serves gamers, so it is not cluttered with data reflecting the general population. As of September 2009, XP is still used by 52.1% of gamers. This is the most objective data we have to go by. Is that number dropping? Yes…slowly. Will a good number of those gamers migrate to Windows 7? Maybe…eventually…but it may be a slow process. That does not change the fact that 3D Vision was released nearly a year ago…and nVidia shut out a large segment of the gaming population by not supporting XP. There is little to debate on that matter…just look at the numbers.

At some point in 3D Vision’s development nVidia made a strategic decision to lock out XP…we do not know what they were basing their decision on, but I am sure they had their reasons at the time (hopefully based on valid data). Perhaps they reasoned that the most hardcore users would be running Vista using a very high-end PC, and that those users would be less likely to complain about the performance hit 3D Vision causes (and return the product to the retailer). However, there is a large library of old games that are compatible with 3D Vision…games which could be run on lower spec machines (supposedly running XP). Anyway, for every point, a counterpoint can be formulated. It’s all speculation, since we end users know little of what goes on behind closed doors at nVidia…

Did the loss of sales to XP users hurt 3D Vision, or did the savings in driver/tech support outweigh those potential profits? We may never know. However, I do hope 3D Vision survives.

EDIT: Added "hopefully based on valid data" comment.

Posted 10/18/2009 01:15 PM   
[quote name='liquor beard' post='574508' date='Aug 5 2009, 05:37 PM']They don't have unlimited development resources[/quote]

It does not need "unlimited development resources". Rather lesser company iZ3D have done it (including OpenGL support), but giant nvidia not. It's marketing, but not a resource problem.
[quote name='liquor beard' post='574508' date='Aug 5 2009, 05:37 PM']They don't have unlimited development resources

It does not need "unlimited development resources". Rather lesser company iZ3D have done it (including OpenGL support), but giant nvidia not. It's marketing, but not a resource problem.

Posted 12/06/2009 05:52 PM   
i would've bought 3d vision glasses by now if they had made it xp compatible... what are they thinking?!
i would've bought 3d vision glasses by now if they had made it xp compatible... what are they thinking?!

Posted 12/09/2009 04:55 PM   
Like I said in another post :

[quote]If you would like 3Dvision to be supported on XP, then contact Nvidia and let them know.

This is from the 3D Vision FAQ:

[url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....amp;p_topview=1"]http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....amp;p_topview=1[/url]

There is no reason why they could not make it work in XP.[/quote]

They will make it if they get enough demand, that means emails.

I also don't agree with the whole "XP is too old". The main fact of the matter is most every game I have runs better on XP then Vista by about 10 FPS. Add the fact that 3D vision halves your frame rate...and hmmm, wouldn't you like to run intensive games at their best possible performance before you try to use 3d vision? I know I would. For example, I might actually try a game like GTA4 in S3D if there was an XP driver, but on Vista? not a chance. It runs bad enough already, the same can be said for many games.
Like I said in another post :

If you would like 3Dvision to be supported on XP, then contact Nvidia and let them know.

This is from the 3D Vision FAQ:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....amp;p_topview=1

There is no reason why they could not make it work in XP.

They will make it if they get enough demand, that means emails.

I also don't agree with the whole "XP is too old". The main fact of the matter is most every game I have runs better on XP then Vista by about 10 FPS. Add the fact that 3D vision halves your frame rate...and hmmm, wouldn't you like to run intensive games at their best possible performance before you try to use 3d vision? I know I would. For example, I might actually try a game like GTA4 in S3D if there was an XP driver, but on Vista? not a chance. It runs bad enough already, the same can be said for many games.

Posted 12/10/2009 02:33 AM   
[quote name='-=$eany=-' post='962377' date='Dec 10 2009, 03:33 AM']The main fact of the matter is most every game I have runs better on XP then Vista by about 10 FPS. Add the fact that 3D vision halves your frame rate...and hmmm, wouldn't you like to run intensive games at their best possible performance before you try to use 3d vision? I know I would. For example, I might actually try a game like GTA4 in S3D if there was an XP driver, but on Vista? not a chance. It runs bad enough already, the same can be said for many games.[/quote]

Being a XP hardcore afficinado and been asking for XP support in the past myself, I recently moved over (parallel install) to Win7 32 AND 64Bit and did some benches with my favourite games. Generally I cannot confirm this thesis at all - beside 1 test (Aquamark 3) everything (incl. CrisysDX10 on tweaked high settings) runs rather faster on the new OS.
While I see no reasons for business machines to upgrade the OS, considering the benefits of improved drivers, framerate effective DirectX11 shaders etc. makes the investment of a SB version worthful for an avid gamer I consider myself. I rather like to see improvements on existing issues and OpenGL support and having solved the issue of an unsopported OS by an upgrade for myself.
[quote name='-=$eany=-' post='962377' date='Dec 10 2009, 03:33 AM']The main fact of the matter is most every game I have runs better on XP then Vista by about 10 FPS. Add the fact that 3D vision halves your frame rate...and hmmm, wouldn't you like to run intensive games at their best possible performance before you try to use 3d vision? I know I would. For example, I might actually try a game like GTA4 in S3D if there was an XP driver, but on Vista? not a chance. It runs bad enough already, the same can be said for many games.

Being a XP hardcore afficinado and been asking for XP support in the past myself, I recently moved over (parallel install) to Win7 32 AND 64Bit and did some benches with my favourite games. Generally I cannot confirm this thesis at all - beside 1 test (Aquamark 3) everything (incl. CrisysDX10 on tweaked high settings) runs rather faster on the new OS.

While I see no reasons for business machines to upgrade the OS, considering the benefits of improved drivers, framerate effective DirectX11 shaders etc. makes the investment of a SB version worthful for an avid gamer I consider myself. I rather like to see improvements on existing issues and OpenGL support and having solved the issue of an unsopported OS by an upgrade for myself.

Posted 12/10/2009 12:28 PM   
Hi there,

Has anyone tried quadro board for OpenGL Games???
Quadro has also 3D Vision for Windows XP!
Hi there,

Has anyone tried quadro board for OpenGL Games???

Quadro has also 3D Vision for Windows XP!

Posted 01/01/2010 02:20 PM   
I want to see 3DVision for Windows XP too! Because I don't see any significant reasons to upgrade to Win7, I can only notice great 2D performance drops and higher heat when idle.
I want to see 3DVision for Windows XP too! Because I don't see any significant reasons to upgrade to Win7, I can only notice great 2D performance drops and higher heat when idle.

Zotac GTX480
Core i5-3570K@4.44GHz
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
8GB
Acer GH245HQ
Windows XP SP3 x86
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer PRO

Posted 07/27/2010 02:21 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top