Physx Control Panel Physx Control Panel does not show
Hi,

When I click on the Physx icon within the Windows Control Panel, the nVidia Control Panel is displayed. Previously, clicking on this icon would have brought up a seperat Physx control panel. Is this normal activity?

I have a 32 bit version of Windows XP Professional SP3 computer with an AMD 9850 Quad Core processor and 4Gb of RAM - 3.5GB of which is detected. All the latest Winows updated have been installed. My nVida Graphics card is a single nVidia 280 with the latest nVidia and Physx Drivers, installed. My resolution is 1680x1050.
Hi,

When I click on the Physx icon within the Windows Control Panel, the nVidia Control Panel is displayed. Previously, clicking on this icon would have brought up a seperat Physx control panel. Is this normal activity?

I have a 32 bit version of Windows XP Professional SP3 computer with an AMD 9850 Quad Core processor and 4Gb of RAM - 3.5GB of which is detected. All the latest Winows updated have been installed. My nVida Graphics card is a single nVidia 280 with the latest nVidia and Physx Drivers, installed. My resolution is 1680x1050.

Posted 06/22/2009 09:27 AM   
I'm gonna bump this, I wondered the same thing.

I had a few examples I could select and interact with, nothing important no but I guess showed it was working.

Updated the video drivers and it's no longer there.

I can no longer select what video device handles PhysX either, before I could do that to.

Anyone know what happen?

Neither is real important no but a guy tends to like to gain functionality, not loose it!
I'm gonna bump this, I wondered the same thing.

I had a few examples I could select and interact with, nothing important no but I guess showed it was working.

Updated the video drivers and it's no longer there.

I can no longer select what video device handles PhysX either, before I could do that to.

Anyone know what happen?

Neither is real important no but a guy tends to like to gain functionality, not loose it!

Motherboard- MSI K9N2 SLi Platunum 750a
CPU- AMD Phenom 9500 X4
Memory- G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
Video card- XFX Geforce 9800GTX+ (Bios version 62.92.79.00.A6) driver version 186.18
Power supply- Antec True Power 20, 550w
Hard Drive- 2-500gb WD5000ACS-00G8B1 Windows 7 pro 32bit Raid 0 array
Hard Drive- WDC WD74 0GD-00FLA2 SCSI Windows 7 pro 64 bit
Monitor- Acer H233H - LG W1943TB

Posted 06/25/2009 09:59 PM   
I had to register on these forums and ask the same thing. What happened to this?

One of the developers on one of my games says I have to not only go into my Nvidia control panel but my Physx control panel to increase preformance 20FPS in the game. So theres got to be a way to get it working.
I had to register on these forums and ask the same thing. What happened to this?

One of the developers on one of my games says I have to not only go into my Nvidia control panel but my Physx control panel to increase preformance 20FPS in the game. So theres got to be a way to get it working.

Posted 07/20/2009 02:43 PM   
Anyone ?

I also have this problem, the physX options have disappeared :(
Anyone ?

I also have this problem, the physX options have disappeared :(

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

Posted 07/20/2009 11:51 PM   
This is normal, standalone PhysX control was integrated into Nvidia control panel since 8.10.13 System Software, AFAIR
you can find it under "3D Settings" -> "Set PhysX configuration"
This is normal, standalone PhysX control was integrated into Nvidia control panel since 8.10.13 System Software, AFAIR

Posted 07/21/2009 10:19 AM   
CPU=AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5800+ 3.00 GHz per core.
System RAM=2.00 GB of 800MHz DDR2 Memory
GPU=GeForce 8500 GT 512MB DDR2 Video Memory 500MHz Core Clock by XFX
Sound Card=Creative SB XFI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PRO
OS=Windows XP SP3
DirectX=9.0c SDK (March 2009)

This is my system Config, and I had the exact problem, only one thing I have to add, due to my Tech Nature I also checked PhysXCplUI.exe from windows/system32 directory and found out, that It's still there but my GeForce 8500 GT was not listed where it had been before and worst, the entry was missing from the Nvidia Control panel...

I'm No programer, but this smells like a program glitch, as with 182.50 Nvidia GeForce Driver everything worked, including PhysX stuff... It even displayed the Graphics Card in the PhysXCplUI.exe Program.

Sadly, it doesn't now... With Nvidia GeForce Driver 190.38.

Grr... I think this is a program glitch now more than ever, and previously I thought my XFX GeForce 8500 GT 512MB DDR2 RAM, was responsible, because of the different Graphics Card Distributer.

This burns me up, Please fix it soon Nvidia!

Signed, Chaosjr7
CPU=AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5800+ 3.00 GHz per core.

System RAM=2.00 GB of 800MHz DDR2 Memory

GPU=GeForce 8500 GT 512MB DDR2 Video Memory 500MHz Core Clock by XFX

Sound Card=Creative SB XFI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PRO

OS=Windows XP SP3

DirectX=9.0c SDK (March 2009)

This is my system Config, and I had the exact problem, only one thing I have to add, due to my Tech Nature I also checked PhysXCplUI.exe from windows/system32 directory and found out, that It's still there but my GeForce 8500 GT was not listed where it had been before and worst, the entry was missing from the Nvidia Control panel...

I'm No programer, but this smells like a program glitch, as with 182.50 Nvidia GeForce Driver everything worked, including PhysX stuff... It even displayed the Graphics Card in the PhysXCplUI.exe Program.

Sadly, it doesn't now... With Nvidia GeForce Driver 190.38.

Grr... I think this is a program glitch now more than ever, and previously I thought my XFX GeForce 8500 GT 512MB DDR2 RAM, was responsible, because of the different Graphics Card Distributer.

This burns me up, Please fix it soon Nvidia!

Signed, Chaosjr7

Posted 07/26/2009 08:33 PM   
[i]This is normal, standalone PhysX control was integrated into Nvidia control panel since 8.10.13 System Software, AFAIR
you can find it under "3D Settings" -> "Set PhysX configuration"[/i]

Yea with older drivers not sure what one 185.xx I had the option which GPU handled PhysX in the control panel, now running 186.08 that option is no longer there. I can not pick what gpu I want to handle the job, at this point not real important but I should still have the option.

I gotta say I haven't been real happy with my choice to date, with each new driver released I may gain something but loose something else. That is of course that is if a given driver version works to start with.

I guess one good thing is the number of versions released, they may one day hit on one that works, I'd have full control with all functions and every one of the actually works. Latest version, 190.38? nope doesn't work.

I must say I've seen a couple of control panel/system monitor screen shots of users running ATI and I'm a little jealous at this point of what they have to work with. However I do see most of the same in my control panel, it is there, just grayed out or plain doesn't work.

Simple thing like GPU temp for example, why is it I have to run a third party program to monitor its temp?

Yea with older drivers not sure what one 185.xx I had the option which GPU handled PhysX in the control panel, now running 186.08 that option is no longer there. I can not pick what gpu I want to handle the job, at this point not real important but I should still have the option.

I gotta say I haven't been real happy with my choice to date, with each new driver released I may gain something but loose something else. That is of course that is if a given driver version works to start with.

I guess one good thing is the number of versions released, they may one day hit on one that works, I'd have full control with all functions and every one of the actually works. Latest version, 190.38? nope doesn't work.

I must say I've seen a couple of control panel/system monitor screen shots of users running ATI and I'm a little jealous at this point of what they have to work with. However I do see most of the same in my control panel, it is there, just grayed out or plain doesn't work.

Simple thing like GPU temp for example, why is it I have to run a third party program to monitor its temp?

CPU- AMD Phenom 9500 X4
Video card- XFX Geforce 9800GTX+ (Bios version 62.92.79.00.A6) driver version 186.18

Posted 07/26/2009 11:41 PM   
[b]danr[/b]
Hm.. that's strange - they removed standalone PhysX panel half-year ago, and now returning to old system ?! I gotta check out those 190.38 drivers)
At least, you can run PhysX control panel as PhysXCplUI.exe (windows/system32)
danr

Hm.. that's strange - they removed standalone PhysX panel half-year ago, and now returning to old system ?! I gotta check out those 190.38 drivers)

Posted 07/27/2009 06:22 AM   
[i]Hm.. that's strange - they removed standalone PhysX panel half-year ago, and now returning to old system ?![/i]

No I think you misunderstood my post I guess, clear as mud huh? lol!

Yea it was there at one point, in the nvidia control panel. Not just the ability to enable or disable physX it but also to pick what GPU did the work. That option is not there for me in 186.08, not grayed out, not locked not there in any form. Has been gone for a few driver versions now, haven't had it back to 185.15ish or so.

Thanks [i]PhysXCplUI.exe[/i] "tip", gets it that way!
Hm.. that's strange - they removed standalone PhysX panel half-year ago, and now returning to old system ?!

Yea it was there at one point, in the nvidia control panel. Not just the ability to enable or disable physX it but also to pick what GPU did the work. That option is not there for me in 186.08, not grayed out, not locked not there in any form. Has been gone for a few driver versions now, haven't had it back to 185.15ish or so.

Thanks PhysXCplUI.exe "tip", gets it that way!

CPU- AMD Phenom 9500 X4

Posted 07/28/2009 01:26 AM   
All I have is enable/disable. It's been like that ever since it got integrated with nVidia control panel. There is still a separate Physx applet in Windows control panel, but all that does is open the nVidia control panel at the set Physx page.
All I have is enable/disable. It's been like that ever since it got integrated with nVidia control panel. There is still a separate Physx applet in Windows control panel, but all that does is open the nVidia control panel at the set Physx page.

Dell XPS630i
CPU: Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, BIOS: 1.013, FSB: 1066MHz
RAM: 3 GB PC6400 DDR2 SDRAM 800 MHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Audio: Creative Audigy 2, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 speakers
HD: 2x WD25 00AAJS-75VWA 250GB SATA (non RAID)
DVD: Liteon DH-20A1S and HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N
Floppy Drive
Monitor: Dell 1800FP
Dell multimedia keyboard, MS optical wheel mouse
Windows XP Pro SP3, IE8, WMP11

Posted 07/28/2009 02:12 PM   
[quote name='Racoon' post='570391' date='Jul 27 2009, 07:22 AM'][b]danr[/b]
At least, you can run PhysX control panel as PhysXCplUI.exe (windows/system32)[/quote]
Racoon, I'd leave those 190.38 drivers alone.. they're a pup. I just spent 2 days convincing myself that the problems with our display code was this driver and not what we were doing.
[quote name='Racoon' post='570391' date='Jul 27 2009, 07:22 AM']danr

Racoon, I'd leave those 190.38 drivers alone.. they're a pup. I just spent 2 days convincing myself that the problems with our display code was this driver and not what we were doing.

Posted 07/29/2009 03:18 PM   
[quote name='danr' post='570766' date='Jul 27 2009, 09:26 PM'][i]Hm.. that's strange - they removed standalone PhysX panel half-year ago, and now returning to old system ?![/i]

Thanks [i]PhysXCplUI.exe[/i] "tip", gets it that way![/quote]
[i]
Thanks [i]PhysXCplUI.exe[/i] "tip", gets it that way![/i]

Spoke to soon, the option to select the GPU handling PhysX is not there either.
[quote name='danr' post='570766' date='Jul 27 2009, 09:26 PM']Hm.. that's strange - they removed standalone PhysX panel half-year ago, and now returning to old system ?!

Spoke to soon, the option to select the GPU handling PhysX is not there either.

CPU- AMD Phenom 9500 X4

Posted 08/01/2009 08:51 PM   
Scroll To Top