186.18 3D Vision Drivers
  1 / 8    
Hi All,

Sorry I have been away for so long but I felt the need to post today.

Today 186.18 GeForce drivers were posted online. In order to continue to use 3D Vision, you will need the new 186.18 3D Vision drivers which we have not posted yet. These will be made available in the next few days so 3D Vision users, hold off just a few more days before installing the 186.18 GeForce graphics driver.

This driver relesae is also important since it will add support for the two new ViewSonic PJD-6210-3D and PJD-6220-3D projectors. So if you have ordered one of these projectors, you will need to update to this driver to enable 3D functionality.

If there are any questions pleaes ask.

Thanks.
Hi All,

Today 186.18 GeForce drivers were posted online. In order to continue to use 3D Vision, you will need the new 186.18 3D Vision drivers which we have not posted yet. These will be made available in the next few days so 3D Vision users, hold off just a few more days before installing the 186.18 GeForce graphics driver.

This driver relesae is also important since it will add support for the two new ViewSonic PJD-6210-3D and PJD-6220-3D projectors. So if you have ordered one of these projectors, you will need to update to this driver to enable 3D functionality.

Thanks.

Posted 06/18/2009 04:48 PM   
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' post='554243' date='Jun 18 2009, 04:48 PM']Hi All,

Thanks.[/quote]

Are there any other additional features included this new set of drivers? Like for example, [b]an OSD that would indicate the convergence [/b]?
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' post='554243' date='Jun 18 2009, 04:48 PM']Hi All,

Thanks.

Are there any other additional features included this new set of drivers? Like for example, an OSD that would indicate the convergence ?

Posted 06/18/2009 06:03 PM   
[quote name='eeevan' post='554273' date='Jun 18 2009, 12:03 PM']Are there any other additional features included this new set of drivers? Like for example, [b]an OSD that would indicate the convergence [/b]?[/quote]

We are including some new features and game profiles. We dont have a UI for convergence yet.
[quote name='eeevan' post='554273' date='Jun 18 2009, 12:03 PM']Are there any other additional features included this new set of drivers? Like for example, an OSD that would indicate the convergence ?

We are including some new features and game profiles. We dont have a UI for convergence yet.

Posted 06/18/2009 06:37 PM   
Will this have opengl support? It's odd how OpenGL no longer works yet it used to work with other similar devices on older drivers. :P

That and the abillity to create custom profiles using control panel of Nhancer, like you can do for SLI or anything really is the next major step in my opinion, that way we wouldn't have to rely always on profiles to be released.

Though as long as this new driver fixies my Empire Total War corruption I'll be happy. :P
Will this have opengl support? It's odd how OpenGL no longer works yet it used to work with other similar devices on older drivers. :P

That and the abillity to create custom profiles using control panel of Nhancer, like you can do for SLI or anything really is the next major step in my opinion, that way we wouldn't have to rely always on profiles to be released.

Though as long as this new driver fixies my Empire Total War corruption I'll be happy. :P

Posted 06/18/2009 08:39 PM   
Is there an ETA for the 3D Vision drivers and are Windows 7 drivers included?
Is there an ETA for the 3D Vision drivers and are Windows 7 drivers included?

Posted 06/18/2009 08:41 PM   
[quote name='dasprot' post='554340' date='Jun 18 2009, 03:41 PM']Is there an ETA for the 3D Vision drivers and are Windows 7 drivers included?[/quote]

Hi

In my posting I said its coming soon, so its likely a few more days, stay tuned

We will definitely provide Windows Vista and Windows 7 drivers, like we have been doing already.
[quote name='dasprot' post='554340' date='Jun 18 2009, 03:41 PM']Is there an ETA for the 3D Vision drivers and are Windows 7 drivers included?

Hi

In my posting I said its coming soon, so its likely a few more days, stay tuned

We will definitely provide Windows Vista and Windows 7 drivers, like we have been doing already.

Posted 06/18/2009 08:43 PM   
Okay thanks for the quick reply.
I just thought i could squeeze more precious information out of you ;) but a few days are fine
Okay thanks for the quick reply.

I just thought i could squeeze more precious information out of you ;) but a few days are fine

Posted 06/18/2009 09:26 PM   
Ah Nvidia....

sigh. /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' />

Of course I will have the hardware (Viewsonic pjd-6220) before the drivers are out. Funny how it says its 3D-Ready when it still isnt.

Guess there wasnt much point of getting it sent to me Priority Air if I cant even use it! BAH!

BUT, at least I know you guys have the driver coming! You could email it to me for early testing since I'll have the projector tommorrow night!!!!! haha B)

Ill be throwing a review up here, as soon as I get those drivers!
Ah Nvidia....

Of course I will have the hardware (Viewsonic pjd-6220) before the drivers are out. Funny how it says its 3D-Ready when it still isnt.

Guess there wasnt much point of getting it sent to me Priority Air if I cant even use it! BAH!

BUT, at least I know you guys have the driver coming! You could email it to me for early testing since I'll have the projector tommorrow night!!!!! haha B)

Windows 8
470GTX
Nvidia 3D Vision Kit (glasses are useless now)
Passive LG LW57000 55"
Optoma HD33
Razer Hydra
TrackIR
Oculus Rift (soon)
Two crossed eyes

Posted 06/18/2009 11:45 PM   
[quote name='dasprot' post='554357' date='Jun 18 2009, 10:26 PM']Okay thanks for the quick reply.
I just thought i could squeeze more precious information out of you ;) but a few days are fine[/quote]

Hehe, that's quite the thought!:)
[quote name='dasprot' post='554357' date='Jun 18 2009, 10:26 PM']Okay thanks for the quick reply.

Hehe, that's quite the thought!:)

Posted 06/18/2009 11:48 PM   
[quote name='damienlabonte' post='554413' date='Jun 18 2009, 05:45 PM']Ah Nvidia....

Ill be throwing a review up here, as soon as I get those drivers![/quote]

lol lucky you, I bet you are about to twitch out of your skin in anticipation. When I was waiting for my 3d kit, I was cursing UPS's name every hour of every day I had to wait. /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />
[quote name='damienlabonte' post='554413' date='Jun 18 2009, 05:45 PM']Ah Nvidia....

lol lucky you, I bet you are about to twitch out of your skin in anticipation. When I was waiting for my 3d kit, I was cursing UPS's name every hour of every day I had to wait. /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 06/19/2009 03:24 AM   
The NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D driver is now included with the 186.18 display driver. The 3D Vision Driver installer (3DVision_186.18.exe) is located in the directory where the NVIDIA Display Driver was unpacked.
The NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D driver is now included with the 186.18 display driver. The 3D Vision Driver installer (3DVision_186.18.exe) is located in the directory where the NVIDIA Display Driver was unpacked.

Posted 06/19/2009 04:10 AM   
Yes it is but apparently it doesn't seem to have a 64bit usb driver for the emitter. I was forced to use the driver from the 1.08 package.
Yes it is but apparently it doesn't seem to have a 64bit usb driver for the emitter. I was forced to use the driver from the 1.08 package.

Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.60GHZ

16 gig Ram

2 EVGA GTX 690 4gig (2X2) (1 currently in my other Rig)
PhysX GTX 570 (1 in each of my rigs with 1 GTX 690)
3 X ASUS VG278HE + Acer GD235HZ + Samsung SyncMaster (off to the side)

Nvidia 3Dvision

Windows 7 64bit

Posted 06/19/2009 04:39 AM   
i cant use the old 185 vision driver cause it crashes with some dxgkernal blue screen death blahdy blahdy blah, *pokes everyone at nvidia* "hurry uupp" hehe
i cant use the old 185 vision driver cause it crashes with some dxgkernal blue screen death blahdy blahdy blah, *pokes everyone at nvidia* "hurry uupp" hehe

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700
EVGA 680i DDR2-800 Motherboard
G.Skill 4GB 5-5-5-15 DDR2-1200
BFG Nvidia 8800GTX x2 SLI
Creative X-fi Soundblaster Music
1,250 Terabytes Seagate Harddrives
Cooler Master CM STACKER 830

Posted 06/19/2009 08:19 AM   
No when I ran the 186 drivers it tried to install the 3d vision also. However it was disabled and the emitter driver was missing (red light on the emitter). I updated that driver manually by pointing to the 185 installation folder. so far no crashes.
No when I ran the 186 drivers it tried to install the 3d vision also. However it was disabled and the emitter driver was missing (red light on the emitter). I updated that driver manually by pointing to the 185 installation folder. so far no crashes.

Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.60GHZ

16 gig Ram

2 EVGA GTX 690 4gig (2X2) (1 currently in my other Rig)
PhysX GTX 570 (1 in each of my rigs with 1 GTX 690)
3 X ASUS VG278HE + Acer GD235HZ + Samsung SyncMaster (off to the side)

Nvidia 3Dvision

Windows 7 64bit

Posted 06/19/2009 10:30 AM   
I just had the same problem, installed the new 186.18 video drivers and the 3D Vision drivers already available in the package, but the transmitter started flashing red... there was no USB driver for it in the the driver bundle... why? I had to use the USB driver from the previous version in order to make the transmitter work.

I'm using a 32-bit driver on Windows 7 RC, but it seems that the same problem is present in the 64-bit version too.
I just had the same problem, installed the new 186.18 video drivers and the 3D Vision drivers already available in the package, but the transmitter started flashing red... there was no USB driver for it in the the driver bundle... why? I had to use the USB driver from the previous version in order to make the transmitter work.

I'm using a 32-bit driver on Windows 7 RC, but it seems that the same problem is present in the 64-bit version too.

My 3D Vision Blog - 3dvision-blog.com

Posted 06/19/2009 03:50 PM   
  1 / 8    
Scroll To Top