3D Vision VESA cable
  1 / 7    
Unfotunatelly the VESA cable is not inserted in the European 3D Vision version! I want to use the shutter with a Samsung 3d ready plasma TV.

Can someone who owns this cable be so kind and check how the 3 lines are connected on both ends of the cable? I would really appreciate that information!

Please use the following schematics to identify the pins/contact areas of the 2 plugs and fill in the table at the end.

[code]
2,5mm audio plug at one cable end

|-----------------------------|
---..---| |-------| |--------| |
| | | | | | |
---''---| |-------| |--------| |
a b c
tip ring sleeve

VESA 3 PIN PLUG at other cable end (looking at the male plug at the cable)
____ ____
/ |__| \
/ O \
I 1 3 2 |
I O _____ O |
\ |____| /
---| |---
-------

Connections:

VESA 2.5mm jack
1 -> ?
2 -> ?
3 -> ?[/code]
Unfotunatelly the VESA cable is not inserted in the European 3D Vision version! I want to use the shutter with a Samsung 3d ready plasma TV.

Can someone who owns this cable be so kind and check how the 3 lines are connected on both ends of the cable? I would really appreciate that information!

Please use the following schematics to identify the pins/contact areas of the 2 plugs and fill in the table at the end.

| | | | | | |

a b c

tip ring sleeve

VESA 3 PIN PLUG at other cable end (looking at the male plug at the cable)

____ ____

/ |__| \

/ O \

I 1 3 2 |

I O _____ O |

\ |____| /

---| |---

-------

Connections:

VESA 2.5mm jack

1 -> ?

2 -> ?

3 -> ?

Posted 05/29/2009 07:04 AM   
Please note that I have referred the standard numbering of the Vesa Mini DIN as printed on the mold view from soldering side

[code] |-----------------------------|
| | | | | | |
a b c
tip ring sleeve[/code]

VESA 3 PIN PLUG [b](ATTENTION: View from soldering side of connector!!!)[/b]

[code] ____ ____
/ |__| \
/ O \
I 1 3 2 |
I O _____ O |
\ |____| /
---| |---
-------[/code]
Connections:

VESA 2.5mm jack
1 -> S ( c )
2 -> R ( b )
3 -> T ( a )
Please note that I have referred the standard numbering of the Vesa Mini DIN as printed on the mold view from soldering side

| | | | | | |

a b c

tip ring sleeve

VESA 3 PIN PLUG (ATTENTION: View from soldering side of connector!!!)

____	  ____

/ |__| \

/ O \

I 1 3 2 |

I O _____ O |

\ |____| /

---| |---

-------

Connections:

VESA 2.5mm jack

1 -> S ( c )

2 -> R ( b )

3 -> T ( a )

Posted 05/29/2009 11:37 AM   
Hi quadrophoeniX,

thank you very much for your quick reply. Could you just clarify one point:

[quote]View from soldering side of connector[/quote]

Does that mean you are looking at the pins of the male plug of the cabe or are you looking on the female connector of the 3d-ready device (HDTV)?
Hi quadrophoeniX,

thank you very much for your quick reply. Could you just clarify one point:

View from soldering side of connector

Does that mean you are looking at the pins of the male plug of the cabe or are you looking on the female connector of the 3d-ready device (HDTV)?

Posted 05/29/2009 01:01 PM   
I am referring to the soldering side of the PLUG, since this is what you will have to deal with when you make up the cable ;-) If you need any help let me know, where are you based?
I am referring to the soldering side of the PLUG, since this is what you will have to deal with when you make up the cable ;-) If you need any help let me know, where are you based?

Posted 05/29/2009 11:06 PM   
Ok, everything is clear now, just making the cable and the 3D-ready Plasma TV arrived today, so I hope to see some 3D this evening :-)

Btw, I'm located in Cologne/Germany
Ok, everything is clear now, just making the cable and the 3D-ready Plasma TV arrived today, so I hope to see some 3D this evening :-)

Btw, I'm located in Cologne/Germany

Posted 05/30/2009 07:29 PM   
[quote name='Nobsi' post='546384' date='May 29 2009, 08:04 AM']Unfotunatelly the VESA cable is not inserted in the European 3D Vision version![/quote]
Finally the reason for the four month delay before European consumers were allowed to get their hands on 3D Vision is revealed: It was to give Andrew Fear enough time to personally open every box destined for Europe, pinch half the cables and apply the little white "You've been robbed" sticker on top of where the original contents were listed. In their defence, I suppose this technique at least has the advantage of originality - normally when American companies want to shaft European consumers they do so using the boring old "entirely fictitious exchange rate" ploy, but actually removing parts of the product is a new one on me.

The real question, though, is what did he do with all the cables? My guess is that he wove them into "business hammocks" for the entire nVidia 3D driver development team, which they've apparently all been snoozing in ever since. Perhaps when they finally wake up they'll get round to replacing the removed OpenGL support or fixing some of the driver's other broken or disabled features (like controllable glasses delay/inversion, 3D gamma correction, 3D refresh rate override, frontplane adjustment etc etc). Maybe we'll eventually even get a proper on-screen display again (like the old prototype), but tbh I'm not holding my breath /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />.
Cheers,
DD
[quote name='Nobsi' post='546384' date='May 29 2009, 08:04 AM']Unfotunatelly the VESA cable is not inserted in the European 3D Vision version!

Finally the reason for the four month delay before European consumers were allowed to get their hands on 3D Vision is revealed: It was to give Andrew Fear enough time to personally open every box destined for Europe, pinch half the cables and apply the little white "You've been robbed" sticker on top of where the original contents were listed. In their defence, I suppose this technique at least has the advantage of originality - normally when American companies want to shaft European consumers they do so using the boring old "entirely fictitious exchange rate" ploy, but actually removing parts of the product is a new one on me.

The real question, though, is what did he do with all the cables? My guess is that he wove them into "business hammocks" for the entire nVidia 3D driver development team, which they've apparently all been snoozing in ever since. Perhaps when they finally wake up they'll get round to replacing the removed OpenGL support or fixing some of the driver's other broken or disabled features (like controllable glasses delay/inversion, 3D gamma correction, 3D refresh rate override, frontplane adjustment etc etc). Maybe we'll eventually even get a proper on-screen display again (like the old prototype), but tbh I'm not holding my breath /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />.

Cheers,

DD

Posted 05/31/2009 10:43 PM   
[quote name='Nobsi' post='546963' date='May 30 2009, 09:29 PM']Btw, I'm located in Cologne/Germany[/quote]

Thought so from your name (Norbert I supose).... Munich here...
Have you been able to work it out? What kind of Plasma are you using?
[quote name='Nobsi' post='546963' date='May 30 2009, 09:29 PM']Btw, I'm located in Cologne/Germany

Thought so from your name (Norbert I supose).... Munich here...

Have you been able to work it out? What kind of Plasma are you using?

Posted 06/02/2009 11:44 AM   
Finally I got it to work. But not with the 1.08 driver version. In this, generic DLP (and Plasma) support seems to be broken.

I now own the 50'' Samsung Plasma PS50A476P, as far as I know the only 3D ready TV which you can buy in Europe, since 3D ready DLP TVs are not available in the European market. The newer full HD Plasma versions are not 3D ready, Samsung has dropped that feature for unknown reasons.

The TV works fine with the 1.07 driver CD version in 1360x768 (the native display resolution) and 1024x768 resolutions. First one in 16:9 and second one in 4:3 aspect ratio (with gray boarders left and right).

Ghosting is the same as I used to have with my old CRT/shutter setups. But 3D on such a big display is so much better than on a 22'' monitor (I own also the iZ3D monitor), though the resolution could be higher. The checkerboard pattern also cuts resolution a bit, but not as much as I thought. The effect looks similar to the film grain you can use in Left4Dead.

I had the hope I could use the 3D vision system also with the iZ3D driver, which in many aspects is better than that of nvidia, but though the emitter is synced by the VESA cable from the TV, it does not trigger the glasses if the nvidia 3D driver is deactivated.

So I just ordered the wireless DLP-TV shutter glasses from eDimensional (which have a 3D DIN connector on the emitter) and hope to be able to use the iZ3D driver also (with their 3D-DLP ouput license). Heard that the Samsung shutter glasses suffer from heavy ghosting, though they are much more stylish than the eDimensional ones.

And of course, the connection scheme for the 3D-Sync cable provided by quadrophoeniX is correct. The male mini DIN 3 pin plug I used for the cable is from Conrad and has the type MP371/S3. They also have plugs called "Diodenstecker Mini DIN 3 polig", but they do not fit in the connector of the TV.
Finally I got it to work. But not with the 1.08 driver version. In this, generic DLP (and Plasma) support seems to be broken.

I now own the 50'' Samsung Plasma PS50A476P, as far as I know the only 3D ready TV which you can buy in Europe, since 3D ready DLP TVs are not available in the European market. The newer full HD Plasma versions are not 3D ready, Samsung has dropped that feature for unknown reasons.

The TV works fine with the 1.07 driver CD version in 1360x768 (the native display resolution) and 1024x768 resolutions. First one in 16:9 and second one in 4:3 aspect ratio (with gray boarders left and right).

Ghosting is the same as I used to have with my old CRT/shutter setups. But 3D on such a big display is so much better than on a 22'' monitor (I own also the iZ3D monitor), though the resolution could be higher. The checkerboard pattern also cuts resolution a bit, but not as much as I thought. The effect looks similar to the film grain you can use in Left4Dead.

I had the hope I could use the 3D vision system also with the iZ3D driver, which in many aspects is better than that of nvidia, but though the emitter is synced by the VESA cable from the TV, it does not trigger the glasses if the nvidia 3D driver is deactivated.

So I just ordered the wireless DLP-TV shutter glasses from eDimensional (which have a 3D DIN connector on the emitter) and hope to be able to use the iZ3D driver also (with their 3D-DLP ouput license). Heard that the Samsung shutter glasses suffer from heavy ghosting, though they are much more stylish than the eDimensional ones.

And of course, the connection scheme for the 3D-Sync cable provided by quadrophoeniX is correct. The male mini DIN 3 pin plug I used for the cable is from Conrad and has the type MP371/S3. They also have plugs called "Diodenstecker Mini DIN 3 polig", but they do not fit in the connector of the TV.

Posted 06/02/2009 11:06 PM   
Any idea where i can buy this cable ?

I can't find anyone in Brussels to make me that cable :(
Thanks
Any idea where i can buy this cable ?

I can't find anyone in Brussels to make me that cable :(

Thanks

Posted 07/15/2009 02:47 PM   
bonjour Xabi

if you can't find someone to make the cable,make it you self,it is easy only six solder points.
You can find the parts at elak (rue des fabriques b-1000 ) or capitani (rue du corbeau b-1030).
bonjour Xabi

if you can't find someone to make the cable,make it you self,it is easy only six solder points.

You can find the parts at elak (rue des fabriques b-1000 ) or capitani (rue du corbeau b-1030).

Posted 07/16/2009 08:02 AM   
EDIT: Updated Information - http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=98067&st=60&p=1102090&#entry1102090
EDIT: Updated Information - http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=98067&st=60&p=1102090&#entry1102090

Posted 07/16/2009 07:18 PM   
Hello andrewf@nvidia

Can you make my life easier too?
I would like to test the 3d vision glasses connected to the quadro vesa port ."
I would like to obtain (buy) a vesa cable ,"it takes me less administrative work to get a ready made cable than to justify the purchase off parts to build one".
How do i contact the support team ?
Hello andrewf@nvidia

Can you make my life easier too?

I would like to test the 3d vision glasses connected to the quadro vesa port ."

I would like to obtain (buy) a vesa cable ,"it takes me less administrative work to get a ready made cable than to justify the purchase off parts to build one".

How do i contact the support team ?

Posted 07/17/2009 09:50 AM   
Fortunately I did receive the vesa cable with my bundle, otherwise would have been in the same boat trying to hook up my Samsung PS50B450 Plasma 3D synch out.
I'm curious what is the reason Europes bundle doesn't have this cable, we do have 3D ready displays that work with 3D vision just not DLP TV's.
Fortunately I did receive the vesa cable with my bundle, otherwise would have been in the same boat trying to hook up my Samsung PS50B450 Plasma 3D synch out.

I'm curious what is the reason Europes bundle doesn't have this cable, we do have 3D ready displays that work with 3D vision just not DLP TV's.

Posted 07/17/2009 02:26 PM   
Hi Andrew,
thanks for the offer. I did contact the nVidia support with a link to this forum thread and gave them my postal address.
So now I'm curious what will happen.

I already did contact nVidia support some time ago about my problem to get this answers:

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer care.
This is Shailendra, assisting you in troubleshooting the issue you are experiencing.
In order to provide you accurate information, I will require additional time. Hence, I request you to provide 24 - 48 hours.

Few days later:
Your case is being escalated to our Level 2 Tech Support group. The Level 2 agents will review the case notes. As this process may take some time we ask that you be patient and a Level 2 tech will contact you as soon they can to help resolve your issue.

A week later:
Unfortunately, it seems this cable is not yet available in your region for some odd reason.
Hi Andrew,

thanks for the offer. I did contact the nVidia support with a link to this forum thread and gave them my postal address.

So now I'm curious what will happen.

I already did contact nVidia support some time ago about my problem to get this answers:

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer care.

This is Shailendra, assisting you in troubleshooting the issue you are experiencing.

In order to provide you accurate information, I will require additional time. Hence, I request you to provide 24 - 48 hours.

Few days later:

Your case is being escalated to our Level 2 Tech Support group. The Level 2 agents will review the case notes. As this process may take some time we ask that you be patient and a Level 2 tech will contact you as soon they can to help resolve your issue.

A week later:

Unfortunately, it seems this cable is not yet available in your region for some odd reason.

Posted 07/17/2009 09:29 PM   
The VESA cable arrived today via FedEx. Actually I got the whole cable set incl. the DVI-to-HDMI cable which was also missing.

Thank you.
The VESA cable arrived today via FedEx. Actually I got the whole cable set incl. the DVI-to-HDMI cable which was also missing.

Thank you.

Posted 07/22/2009 07:21 PM   
  1 / 7    
Scroll To Top