Make SATA drive hot-swappable again?
What exactly do I need to install to get my SATA drives showing up as hot-swappable in the 'Safely remove hardware' in XP?

I'm on a Tyan 2895 board (nForce Pro 2200-based board), but due to the nForce's horrible RAID5 performance I switched over to using a 3ware card a long time ago. I recently rebuilt my system and put a little eSATA backplane on my rig hooked up to one of the motherboard SATA ports. However that drive is not showing up as being hot-swappable like all SATA drives connected to the motherboard used to.

When I rebuilt I'm running the nForce v15.16 drivers from the site; If I pull up the System Information through the nVidia Control Panel, it shows I'm running v10.3.0.21 of NvRaidServer.dll, nvraidservice.exe, and NvSataConnection.exe.
What exactly do I need to install to get my SATA drives showing up as hot-swappable in the 'Safely remove hardware' in XP?

I'm on a Tyan 2895 board (nForce Pro 2200-based board), but due to the nForce's horrible RAID5 performance I switched over to using a 3ware card a long time ago. I recently rebuilt my system and put a little eSATA backplane on my rig hooked up to one of the motherboard SATA ports. However that drive is not showing up as being hot-swappable like all SATA drives connected to the motherboard used to.

When I rebuilt I'm running the nForce v15.16 drivers from the site; If I pull up the System Information through the nVidia Control Panel, it shows I'm running v10.3.0.21 of NvRaidServer.dll, nvraidservice.exe, and NvSataConnection.exe.

Posted 05/26/2009 06:04 AM   
Scroll To Top