Graphic Card Driver not working on vista
Hello all,

I am posting due to a problem that I am having with my genuine copy of windows vista 32bit that came with my dell M1730 laptop. The copy of vista is genuine and it comes from DELL. I have had this copy of vista laying around and I was using the normal windows xp 32bit OS and I thought I would give vista a try and install it onto my laptop. Everything went fine in the installation process and I managed to install all my drivers including the driver for my graphics card that is an Nvidia 8800GTX that I got from the official dell website from the driver section on the website. After I installed the driver for my graphic card it asked me to reboot so I clicked on yes so what happens is that everything reboots fine but once it reaches the stage to load all my files after the loading screen with the green loading bar I just simple get a black screen with nothing at all. I tried waiting for anything to come up but after 2 hours nothing ever came up. So I restarted my laptop using my power button and I got a screen telling me that windows vista crashes due to some changes and it gave me some options to pick from and there are the followingL

1. start windows in safe mode
2. start windows in safe mode with networking
3. start windows with the last good known configuration
4. start windows normally

at first I chose option 4 and it did the same thing so i rebooted and picked option 3 and it worked but without the graphic card drivers. I thought that maybe the drivers that I got from dell were corrupted or something so I went to the official Nvidia website and attained the correct drivers for the right OS and the same thing happens.

If anyone has come across this problem then I will appreciate your input. I am a graphics artist and I have a powerful machine but windows xp only reads up to 3gb of ram and I have 4gb of ram so my 1 gb is wasted and that is why I wanted to upgrade to vista.

Thankyou.
Hello all,

I am posting due to a problem that I am having with my genuine copy of windows vista 32bit that came with my dell M1730 laptop. The copy of vista is genuine and it comes from DELL. I have had this copy of vista laying around and I was using the normal windows xp 32bit OS and I thought I would give vista a try and install it onto my laptop. Everything went fine in the installation process and I managed to install all my drivers including the driver for my graphics card that is an Nvidia 8800GTX that I got from the official dell website from the driver section on the website. After I installed the driver for my graphic card it asked me to reboot so I clicked on yes so what happens is that everything reboots fine but once it reaches the stage to load all my files after the loading screen with the green loading bar I just simple get a black screen with nothing at all. I tried waiting for anything to come up but after 2 hours nothing ever came up. So I restarted my laptop using my power button and I got a screen telling me that windows vista crashes due to some changes and it gave me some options to pick from and there are the followingL

1. start windows in safe mode

2. start windows in safe mode with networking

3. start windows with the last good known configuration

4. start windows normally

at first I chose option 4 and it did the same thing so i rebooted and picked option 3 and it worked but without the graphic card drivers. I thought that maybe the drivers that I got from dell were corrupted or something so I went to the official Nvidia website and attained the correct drivers for the right OS and the same thing happens.

If anyone has come across this problem then I will appreciate your input. I am a graphics artist and I have a powerful machine but windows xp only reads up to 3gb of ram and I have 4gb of ram so my 1 gb is wasted and that is why I wanted to upgrade to vista.

Thankyou.

Posted 05/20/2009 01:16 PM   
Hi.. same thing happend to me all you have to do is turn off your Antivirus program before u install the new Nvidi driver.. or try to unistall ur old drive in safe mode and install the new driver in normal window.

to get all your 4gb ram used try win xp 64bit... also it opitimize to use duel core better than 32bit.

Hope this will help
Hi.. same thing happend to me all you have to do is turn off your Antivirus program before u install the new Nvidi driver.. or try to unistall ur old drive in safe mode and install the new driver in normal window.

to get all your 4gb ram used try win xp 64bit... also it opitimize to use duel core better than 32bit.

Hope this will help

Posted 05/21/2009 02:09 AM   
Scroll To Top