Direct3D & Morrowind Need to enable D3D
I have had Morrowind on my computer for a while and it's run fine. But I have not played it for 3 months (just haven't had time). I went and tried to play recently and it doesn't even reach full screen mode when it gives me a message saying Morrowind has stopped working.

I finally found the problem, which is that my D3D status was not available. So I updated my drivers and it now says disabled. When i go to troubleshoot it tells me "Your current diplay driver does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings."

I just want my Direct3D to work again. Please help.

I have a Vista SP1 with a NVIDIA geforce go 7300.

My main driver in dxdiag says it's nvd3dum.dll and nvwgf2um.dll
I have had Morrowind on my computer for a while and it's run fine. But I have not played it for 3 months (just haven't had time). I went and tried to play recently and it doesn't even reach full screen mode when it gives me a message saying Morrowind has stopped working.

I finally found the problem, which is that my D3D status was not available. So I updated my drivers and it now says disabled. When i go to troubleshoot it tells me "Your current diplay driver does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings."

Posted 04/19/2009 07:24 AM   
You'll probably get an answer if you posted this in one of the other sections of the forum...this is only for DirectX computing (i.e. for doing numerical computations on the graphics card via DirectX 11 Compute Shaders), and doesn't get much traffic.

Maybe try this one:
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=33"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=33[/url]
You'll probably get an answer if you posted this in one of the other sections of the forum...this is only for DirectX computing (i.e. for doing numerical computations on the graphics card via DirectX 11 Compute Shaders), and doesn't get much traffic.

Maybe try this one:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=33

GPU.NET: Write your GPU code in 100% pure C#.

Learn more at tidepowerd.com, and download a free 30-day trial of GPU.NET. Follow @tidepowerd for release updates.

GPU.NET example projects

Posted 04/20/2009 01:03 PM   
I already posted it in the RPG section.
I already posted it in the RPG section.

Posted 04/20/2009 08:02 PM   
Hi,
I have the same problem you posted here (my Direct3d cceleration i not available and the troubleshoot tells me the same). I have also NVIDIA geForce go 7300. Di you find a solution to this problem? I would really appreciate some help. My laptop is pretty useless for games right now.
Thanks a lot
Franz

[quote name='Arcy111' post='531907' date='Apr 19 2009, 09:24 AM']I have had Morrowind on my computer for a while and it's run fine. But I have not played it for 3 months (just haven't had time). I went and tried to play recently and it doesn't even reach full screen mode when it gives me a message saying Morrowind has stopped working.

My main driver in dxdiag says it's nvd3dum.dll and nvwgf2um.dll[/quote]
Hi,

I have the same problem you posted here (my Direct3d cceleration i not available and the troubleshoot tells me the same). I have also NVIDIA geForce go 7300. Di you find a solution to this problem? I would really appreciate some help. My laptop is pretty useless for games right now.

Thanks a lot

Franz

[quote name='Arcy111' post='531907' date='Apr 19 2009, 09:24 AM']I have had Morrowind on my computer for a while and it's run fine. But I have not played it for 3 months (just haven't had time). I went and tried to play recently and it doesn't even reach full screen mode when it gives me a message saying Morrowind has stopped working.

Posted 09/20/2009 06:44 AM   
Anyone tried reinstalling the latest version of DX from the Microsoft website?
Anyone tried reinstalling the latest version of DX from the Microsoft website?

Posted 09/20/2009 12:22 PM   
Scroll To Top