182.50 GeForce Driver update on 7600GS(AGP) 182.50_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql
  1 / 2    
hello,

when i updated my video card driver to the latest on my computer got weird it wasnt using my video card.
So i checked it at display settings then it was using the default monitor thing. lol i dont know what the hell that is. >.< I just know it should be Plug and Play Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS.
so i uninstalled the latest driver then went back to the old one which was included when you buy the card. so im currently using the old driver. I dont know what to do please help me i cant live with this old driver. lol :wacko: btw my card is Inno3d GeForce 7600GS AGP.
So is the latest update not compatible with my card? lol.
hello,

when i updated my video card driver to the latest on my computer got weird it wasnt using my video card.

So i checked it at display settings then it was using the default monitor thing. lol i dont know what the hell that is. >.< I just know it should be Plug and Play Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS.

so i uninstalled the latest driver then went back to the old one which was included when you buy the card. so im currently using the old driver. I dont know what to do please help me i cant live with this old driver. lol :wacko: btw my card is Inno3d GeForce 7600GS AGP.

So is the latest update not compatible with my card? lol.

Posted 04/14/2009 10:18 AM   
You should use the search function !!!

I have a 7600GT AGP. Same problem with most of last drivers ! In a sentence : good by old cards, good by AGP !!!

I made a few tests : up to the 178.24 = OK

I read that these drivers are "the last version NVidia released that properly supports the AGP bus"

The 182.47 also work (strange!!!)

Some old drivers are some times better than newer !

I had the 162.18 but the 178.24 seems to be a bit optimized for the games I play.
You should use the search function !!!

I have a 7600GT AGP. Same problem with most of last drivers ! In a sentence : good by old cards, good by AGP !!!

I read that these drivers are "the last version NVidia released that properly supports the AGP bus"

I had the 162.18 but the 178.24 seems to be a bit optimized for the games I play.

Posted 04/14/2009 10:34 PM   
I have a 7900GT and the 94.24 drivers gave me the best results.
I have a 7900GT and the 94.24 drivers gave me the best results.

Posted 04/15/2009 05:36 AM   
AGP 7xxx cards work good either with 9x.xx drivers either with 177.xx /178.24 .
7xxx cards were ignored by Nvidia for some time now so dont expect to much from the future drivers.I m sure not many new games ,for which they enhance newer drivers ,at this moment ,will run properly on a 7xxx card anyway.
Sticking with older drivers will do you no harm.
AGP 7xxx cards work good either with 9x.xx drivers either with 177.xx /178.24 .

7xxx cards were ignored by Nvidia for some time now so dont expect to much from the future drivers.I m sure not many new games ,for which they enhance newer drivers ,at this moment ,will run properly on a 7xxx card anyway.

Posted 04/15/2009 09:55 AM   
I'm running 182.08 drivers successfully in a Dell 4400 (P4, 2.8GHz, Intel MB) with 7600GS AGP cards from PNY and from XFX. One thing that I cannot run with this card is the Nvidia tool that allows overclocking, which is fine with me.
I'm running 182.08 drivers successfully in a Dell 4400 (P4, 2.8GHz, Intel MB) with 7600GS AGP cards from PNY and from XFX. One thing that I cannot run with this card is the Nvidia tool that allows overclocking, which is fine with me.

Posted 04/18/2009 03:51 AM   
I have a PNY 7600GS(AGP), on [b]WinXP 64bit Edition[/b]. The 182.50 driver update results in graphics adapter error in Windows Device Manager, can't load driver.

I've rolled back to 182.08 driver but that one has caused FOUR seemingly random reboots of my system since March 22. I've only had this system up and running since mid-March.

Would like to upload and attach the minidump file but the forum won't allow me to do that.

[b]The minidump highlights[/b]
[indent][list]
[*]DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
[*]nv4_mini.sys
[*]ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
[/list][/indent]
Thinking of un-installing 182.08 and going back to 93.71.
I have a PNY 7600GS(AGP), on WinXP 64bit Edition. The 182.50 driver update results in graphics adapter error in Windows Device Manager, can't load driver.

I've rolled back to 182.08 driver but that one has caused FOUR seemingly random reboots of my system since March 22. I've only had this system up and running since mid-March.

Would like to upload and attach the minidump file but the forum won't allow me to do that.

The minidump highlights

[indent]

• DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
  • nv4_mini.sys
  • ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
[/indent]

Thinking of un-installing 182.08 and going back to 93.71.

Posted 04/18/2009 02:51 PM   
[quote name='nicooo66' post='530173' date='Apr 15 2009, 12:34 AM']You should use the search function !!!

I had the 162.18 but the 178.24 seems to be a bit optimized for the games I play.[/quote]

Is this write by a nvidia moderator for the last real support of agp with 178.24? I think that driver not install after extracting due to AGP. Install software can see that.

This is reason that AGP still support and i think nvidia try solve this problem.

Maybe nvidia say like that "now time to change hardware, welcome PCI Express", but that don't my opignion...

I use AGP card and have same prob. Next hardware will not integer nvidia chips if "now time to change hardware, welcome PCI Express".

All Geforce 7xxx (AGP & PCI Express) stop drivers update at the same time, maybe continue buy and use nvidia chips.
[quote name='nicooo66' post='530173' date='Apr 15 2009, 12:34 AM']You should use the search function !!!

Is this write by a nvidia moderator for the last real support of agp with 178.24? I think that driver not install after extracting due to AGP. Install software can see that.

This is reason that AGP still support and i think nvidia try solve this problem.

Maybe nvidia say like that "now time to change hardware, welcome PCI Express", but that don't my opignion...

I use AGP card and have same prob. Next hardware will not integer nvidia chips if "now time to change hardware, welcome PCI Express".

All Geforce 7xxx (AGP & PCI Express) stop drivers update at the same time, maybe continue buy and use nvidia chips.

Posted 04/26/2009 11:24 AM   
[quote name='T@2' post='530339' date='Apr 15 2009, 11:55 AM']AGP 7xxx cards work good either with 9x.xx drivers either with 177.xx /178.24 .
Sticking with older drivers will do you no harm.[/quote]

This is bullcrap. I used NVIDIA's browser plugin to detect my GPU and recommend the best drivers. If it was able to detect the damn GPU why didn't they give me something like: "Hey dude your Graphics Card is AGP, we think AGP is up to crap these days, so we no longer support these cards in our latest drivers". They could have cursed at me for using an outdated Graphics card and I would have taken it better than the 300MB+ of wasted data that came of my Internet cap (I downloaded the International version first and when that didn't work I downloaded the English version. After that I tried version 178.24).

I read nothing about support being dropped for AGP cards in the release notes of version 182.50 and if they say they support 7600GS cards, they should say PCI Express only. Perhaps not the most, but quite a few new games still run quite good on a 7xxx card, it all depends on the graphic requirements of the game, so it is ridiculous to drop support for AGP cards at this stage (Yes I know they no longer manufacture motherboards with AGP slots and very few shops sell AGP cards these days, but a lot of people still use AGP cards).

BTW, 178.24 is loaded with bugs, especially in games like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Alone in the Dark and NFS Undercover (for instance the graphics are jumpy and textures are not mapped properly). Best of all, these games are quite old (except NFS UC) and perform MUCH better with the original drivers that came with my card. I guess I should switch back to ATI next time I buy a graphics card, because I never had this kind of bullcrap with my ATI card.

Nice going NVIDIA, you just pissed me off for good. I should rip this piece of crap out of my PC and put my old ATI card back in.
[quote name='T@2' post='530339' date='Apr 15 2009, 11:55 AM']AGP 7xxx cards work good either with 9x.xx drivers either with 177.xx /178.24 .

This is bullcrap. I used NVIDIA's browser plugin to detect my GPU and recommend the best drivers. If it was able to detect the damn GPU why didn't they give me something like: "Hey dude your Graphics Card is AGP, we think AGP is up to crap these days, so we no longer support these cards in our latest drivers". They could have cursed at me for using an outdated Graphics card and I would have taken it better than the 300MB+ of wasted data that came of my Internet cap (I downloaded the International version first and when that didn't work I downloaded the English version. After that I tried version 178.24).

I read nothing about support being dropped for AGP cards in the release notes of version 182.50 and if they say they support 7600GS cards, they should say PCI Express only. Perhaps not the most, but quite a few new games still run quite good on a 7xxx card, it all depends on the graphic requirements of the game, so it is ridiculous to drop support for AGP cards at this stage (Yes I know they no longer manufacture motherboards with AGP slots and very few shops sell AGP cards these days, but a lot of people still use AGP cards).

BTW, 178.24 is loaded with bugs, especially in games like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Alone in the Dark and NFS Undercover (for instance the graphics are jumpy and textures are not mapped properly). Best of all, these games are quite old (except NFS UC) and perform MUCH better with the original drivers that came with my card. I guess I should switch back to ATI next time I buy a graphics card, because I never had this kind of bullcrap with my ATI card.

Nice going NVIDIA, you just pissed me off for good. I should rip this piece of crap out of my PC and put my old ATI card back in.

Posted 05/02/2009 11:13 AM   
[quote name='Govi' post='531609' date='Apr 17 2009, 11:51 PM']I'm running 182.08 drivers successfully in a Dell 4400 (P4, 2.8GHz, Intel MB) with 7600GS AGP cards from PNY and from XFX. One thing that I cannot run with this card is the Nvidia tool that allows overclocking, which is fine with me.[/quote]

I'm running the 182.08 drivers on a 7500GT AGP. If what I read is correct that nVidia is dropping support and updates for AGP bus then they have likely lost a customer and I have run nothing but nVidia GPU's for the last 10 years.
[quote name='Govi' post='531609' date='Apr 17 2009, 11:51 PM']I'm running 182.08 drivers successfully in a Dell 4400 (P4, 2.8GHz, Intel MB) with 7600GS AGP cards from PNY and from XFX. One thing that I cannot run with this card is the Nvidia tool that allows overclocking, which is fine with me.

I'm running the 182.08 drivers on a 7500GT AGP. If what I read is correct that nVidia is dropping support and updates for AGP bus then they have likely lost a customer and I have run nothing but nVidia GPU's for the last 10 years.

Posted 05/02/2009 04:51 PM   
Nvidia, you make me sad...I have been using your products for years. Now you waste three hours of my time this morning because I was trying to figure out why the new drivers weren't sticking. Way to not support your loyal customers. Next time you decide to make a driver that litterly removes all my drivers without putting new ones on. Don't have your site list the driver compatiable for my video card.

Freaking Douchebags
Nvidia, you make me sad...I have been using your products for years. Now you waste three hours of my time this morning because I was trying to figure out why the new drivers weren't sticking. Way to not support your loyal customers. Next time you decide to make a driver that litterly removes all my drivers without putting new ones on. Don't have your site list the driver compatiable for my video card.

Freaking Douchebags

Posted 05/02/2009 06:18 PM   
Hey you guys, the 185.81 beta works w/ AGP cards ! Try them.
Hey you guys, the 185.81 beta works w/ AGP cards ! Try them.

Posted 05/02/2009 09:11 PM   
Thank god this thread is here, I just spent the past 2 hours trying to figure out why my drivers wouldn't work when I upgraded them on my AGP card. You REALLY should have some kind of announcement or information if you suddenly stop support for a type of hardware. Sure, we have old cards and maybe aren't 'important' as customers any more, but remember that we're likely going to be upgrading soon..
Thank god this thread is here, I just spent the past 2 hours trying to figure out why my drivers wouldn't work when I upgraded them on my AGP card. You REALLY should have some kind of announcement or information if you suddenly stop support for a type of hardware. Sure, we have old cards and maybe aren't 'important' as customers any more, but remember that we're likely going to be upgrading soon..

Posted 05/02/2009 11:50 PM   
I'm also have a problem with the 182.50 driver with my 7600GS card. I used NVIDIA's browser plugin to detect my GPU and it was recommended as the best drivers for updating. I read the notes of version 182.50 and if they say they are compatible with 7600GS cards. I downloaded it from NVIDIA to update my card but it didn't work after instalation. After installing I reboot the computer and it didn't work properly. The computer screen was distorted and written blurred. I tried to open the nvidia card manager but nothing happened. It seems not intalled. I tried to update 3 times and had the same problem.
I have problem to work with photoshop cs4, the cursor doesn't work for brush. I read at adobe forum that the nvidia 7600GS card is the reason and I sould update for 182,50 driver. I really need to find a way to update the card. My system is winXP 32.
Please I need a help to fix this problem
Thanks
Suttie
I'm also have a problem with the 182.50 driver with my 7600GS card. I used NVIDIA's browser plugin to detect my GPU and it was recommended as the best drivers for updating. I read the notes of version 182.50 and if they say they are compatible with 7600GS cards. I downloaded it from NVIDIA to update my card but it didn't work after instalation. After installing I reboot the computer and it didn't work properly. The computer screen was distorted and written blurred. I tried to open the nvidia card manager but nothing happened. It seems not intalled. I tried to update 3 times and had the same problem.

I have problem to work with photoshop cs4, the cursor doesn't work for brush. I read at adobe forum that the nvidia 7600GS card is the reason and I sould update for 182,50 driver. I really need to find a way to update the card. My system is winXP 32.

Please I need a help to fix this problem

Thanks

Suttie

Posted 05/03/2009 09:24 PM   
Hi,
in case it's a 6 / 7 AGP card and XP 32-bit go for this one at the Nvidia homepage 182.46 beta.

Release notes abstract:

Fixed Issues–Windows XP 32-bit

Single-GPU Resolved Issues and Changes
• GeForce 7 series AGP, GeForce 6 Series AGP: NVIDIA 
graphics driver cannot be installed.

regards ygdrassil
Hi,

in case it's a 6 / 7 AGP card and XP 32-bit go for this one at the Nvidia homepage 182.46 beta.

Release notes abstract:

Fixed Issues–Windows XP 32-bit

Single-GPU Resolved Issues and Changes

• GeForce 7 series AGP, GeForce 6 Series AGP: NVIDIA 

graphics driver cannot be installed.

regards ygdrassil

Posted 05/06/2009 07:33 PM   
[quote name='nicooo66' post='530173' date='Apr 14 2009, 05:34 PM']You should use the search function !!!

I had the 162.18 but the 178.24 seems to be a bit optimized for the games I play.[/quote]

I wish I found this thread about 6 hours ago when I first installed the 190.38 driver on my 7600gt agp. Thanks for the info downloading the 178.24 driver right now... nvidia needs to add agp/pci-e opttion to there driver search page :(
[quote name='nicooo66' post='530173' date='Apr 14 2009, 05:34 PM']You should use the search function !!!

I wish I found this thread about 6 hours ago when I first installed the 190.38 driver on my 7600gt agp. Thanks for the info downloading the 178.24 driver right now... nvidia needs to add agp/pci-e opttion to there driver search page :(

Posted 08/19/2009 05:06 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top