Several black screens during the startup (Vista) Screen is blinking during the startup, usb pluged i
Dear members :rolleyes:

I have noticed very annoying problem with the latest nvidia geforce driver. Three days ago I bought at new flatscreen (Philips Brilliance 220CW9). The following day I decided to install Vista and everything went smooth no black screens at all during installs, plugging/unplugging USBs and startups. As soon as I installed the latest geforce driver (GeForce 182.08) my screen began to blink/flash. As I startup it will blink about three times, the first time is during the vista boot logo sequence the second time is during the login/welcome screen and at last when the desktop's icons are loaded. It also blinks or get black screen when installing new software and it will blinks several times depending on the software. It also happen when I plug in or unplugging my USB's and there aren't any connections between the usb or the methods there are unplugged/plugged in.

I have searched for two days now for a solution and nothing seems to work at this moment. >.<

As far I have tried to disabled TMM which the way Vista tries to find external monitors during the startup and I have tried to put my power sitting at High performance as I read that it was a solution for a member in the same situation as me.

[b]Details:[/b]
[i]Screen - Philips 220CW9
Drivers - Nvidia Geforce 182.08 and the monitor’s latest driver
Graphiccard - Nvidia Geforce 7300LE[/i]

I have now fresh installed Vista three times and I have only noticed the problem when installing Nvidia driver. Before this problem I have a huge problem that the driver won’t recognize my screen so I couldn't choice my suggested resolution 1680x1050, first I have to install the monitors driver and the installing nvidia, as far as I noticed I couldn't do it backwards.

I hope that someone have the solution for my annoying black screens.

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
Goritek
Dear members :rolleyes:

I have noticed very annoying problem with the latest nvidia geforce driver. Three days ago I bought at new flatscreen (Philips Brilliance 220CW9). The following day I decided to install Vista and everything went smooth no black screens at all during installs, plugging/unplugging USBs and startups. As soon as I installed the latest geforce driver (GeForce 182.08) my screen began to blink/flash. As I startup it will blink about three times, the first time is during the vista boot logo sequence the second time is during the login/welcome screen and at last when the desktop's icons are loaded. It also blinks or get black screen when installing new software and it will blinks several times depending on the software. It also happen when I plug in or unplugging my USB's and there aren't any connections between the usb or the methods there are unplugged/plugged in.

I have searched for two days now for a solution and nothing seems to work at this moment. >.<

As far I have tried to disabled TMM which the way Vista tries to find external monitors during the startup and I have tried to put my power sitting at High performance as I read that it was a solution for a member in the same situation as me.

Details:

Screen - Philips 220CW9

Drivers - Nvidia Geforce 182.08 and the monitor’s latest driver

Graphiccard - Nvidia Geforce 7300LE

I have now fresh installed Vista three times and I have only noticed the problem when installing Nvidia driver. Before this problem I have a huge problem that the driver won’t recognize my screen so I couldn't choice my suggested resolution 1680x1050, first I have to install the monitors driver and the installing nvidia, as far as I noticed I couldn't do it backwards.

I hope that someone have the solution for my annoying black screens.

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,

Goritek

Posted 03/29/2009 10:18 AM   
Person I know had exactly this issue but under Windows 7 build 7057... it got fixed when he upgraded to a newer leaked build of Windows 7 (7068).
Person I know had exactly this issue but under Windows 7 build 7057... it got fixed when he upgraded to a newer leaked build of Windows 7 (7068).

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500GB SATA2 HDD's | Auzentech Forte S/C | Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti "Phantom 2" 2048MB | Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1 - x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.

Posted 03/29/2009 12:20 PM   
[quote name='Franpa' post='523966' date='Mar 29 2009, 02:20 PM']Person I know had exactly this issue but under Windows 7 build 7057... it got fixed when he upgraded to a newer leaked build of Windows 7 (7068).[/quote]

Well I have also read that someone fixed this problem after installing SP1 update but the update didn't helped me. :(

Thanks for your reply /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
[quote name='Franpa' post='523966' date='Mar 29 2009, 02:20 PM']Person I know had exactly this issue but under Windows 7 build 7057... it got fixed when he upgraded to a newer leaked build of Windows 7 (7068).

Well I have also read that someone fixed this problem after installing SP1 update but the update didn't helped me. :(

Thanks for your reply /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 03/29/2009 02:45 PM   
No one that have solved a similar problem?
No one that have solved a similar problem?

Posted 03/31/2009 02:07 PM   
Scroll To Top