The NVIDIA Display Panel extension cannot be created.
I'm trying to open the driver display panel in Control Panel, and this error message keeps appearing.
The full error is:
[code]The NVIDIA Display Control Panel extention cannot be created.
Possible reasons include:
Version mismatch. Reinstalling drivers may solve the problem.[/code]
[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5100/errorr.png[/img]
I already reinstalled the latest driver 5 times, and it still happens.
My graphics card is GeForce 8800GTX, and my OS is Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
I'm trying to open the driver display panel in Control Panel, and this error message keeps appearing.

The full error is:

The NVIDIA Display Control Panel extention cannot be created.

Version mismatch. Reinstalling drivers may solve the problem.

My graphics card is GeForce 8800GTX, and my OS is Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Posted 03/25/2009 08:06 PM   

Posted 03/26/2009 07:22 PM   
I have the same problem. And I got SLI 9300 + 8400. Please help us
I have the same problem. And I got SLI 9300 + 8400. Please help us

Posted 05/21/2009 08:00 PM   
[quote name='Lovheim' post='543873' date='May 21 2009, 11:30 AM']I have the same problem. And I got SLI 9300 + 8400. Please help us[/quote]
exact same card and problem with the latest driver pack. Help!
[quote name='Lovheim' post='543873' date='May 21 2009, 11:30 AM']I have the same problem. And I got SLI 9300 + 8400. Please help us

exact same card and problem with the latest driver pack. Help!

Posted 06/20/2009 04:26 AM   
I have same problem - just downloaded latest driver for Geforce 8600M GT and now the control panel throws that error: "the Nvidia control panel extension cannot be created". I've rebooted but still no luck.

Help !!
I have same problem - just downloaded latest driver for Geforce 8600M GT and now the control panel throws that error: "the Nvidia control panel extension cannot be created". I've rebooted but still no luck.

Help !!

Posted 06/20/2009 12:13 PM   
None of you have stated what drivers you are running or the OS you are running them on. Any of you tried different drivers? Remembering to uninstall the drivers completely before trying new drviers? Running a driver cleaner between installs?

[quote name='Lovheim' post='543873' date='May 21 2009, 02:00 PM']I have the same problem. And I got SLI 9300 + 8400. Please help us[/quote]
How did you manage to SLI those 2 cards?
None of you have stated what drivers you are running or the OS you are running them on. Any of you tried different drivers? Remembering to uninstall the drivers completely before trying new drviers? Running a driver cleaner between installs?

[quote name='Lovheim' post='543873' date='May 21 2009, 02:00 PM']I have the same problem. And I got SLI 9300 + 8400. Please help us

How did you manage to SLI those 2 cards?

Posted 06/20/2009 12:33 PM   
regarding the 9300+8400, seems like that the 9300 is an onboard graphics, perhaps he's running hybrid SLI between those two gpus, perhaps try to disable the onboard gpu then try to run the 8400 w/o sli.

to the OP: perhaps the driver you've installed isn't for XP64bit? and yeah, like Hexen said. run driver sweeper after you've uninstalled your current driver and before you install new driver.

there's a guide for reinstalling graphics driver the proper way on my sig :)
regarding the 9300+8400, seems like that the 9300 is an onboard graphics, perhaps he's running hybrid SLI between those two gpus, perhaps try to disable the onboard gpu then try to run the 8400 w/o sli.

to the OP: perhaps the driver you've installed isn't for XP64bit? and yeah, like Hexen said. run driver sweeper after you've uninstalled your current driver and before you install new driver.

there's a guide for reinstalling graphics driver the proper way on my sig :)

Posted 06/20/2009 12:41 PM   
Can the 8400 do Hybrid SLI? I didn't think it could.
Can the 8400 do Hybrid SLI? I didn't think it could.

Posted 06/20/2009 12:43 PM   
I'm OK again - I think it was an error thrown by trying to use a shortcut to the old control panel. In any case I did a reinstall of the latest drivers and then went directly to the control panel by right clicking on the desktop display.

All is good now
I'm OK again - I think it was an error thrown by trying to use a shortcut to the old control panel. In any case I did a reinstall of the latest drivers and then went directly to the control panel by right clicking on the desktop display.

All is good now

Posted 06/20/2009 05:05 PM   
[quote name='Phobos.' post='522759' date='Mar 26 2009, 01:36 AM']I'm trying to open the driver display panel in Control Panel, and this error message keeps appearing.
The full error is:
My graphics card is GeForce 8800GTX, and my OS is Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.[/quote]

I have the exact same problem (GPU: GeForce 8800GTX)...
I tried reinstalling the latest 186.18 drivers for Vista (32bit) but it still gives me the same error.
Now all I can think of is Nvidia's latest drivers (June '09) being faulty for the 8800GTX. My Control Panel works fine when I roll back my drivers.

WAY TO GO NVIDIA!!!

M currently downloading new drivers (190 just came out today... hope they work for me...)
[quote name='Phobos.' post='522759' date='Mar 26 2009, 01:36 AM']I'm trying to open the driver display panel in Control Panel, and this error message keeps appearing.

The full error is:

I have the exact same problem (GPU: GeForce 8800GTX)...

I tried reinstalling the latest 186.18 drivers for Vista (32bit) but it still gives me the same error.

Now all I can think of is Nvidia's latest drivers (June '09) being faulty for the 8800GTX. My Control Panel works fine when I roll back my drivers.

WAY TO GO NVIDIA!!!

M currently downloading new drivers (190 just came out today... hope they work for me...)

Posted 07/22/2009 02:04 AM   
don't blame nvidia, for being incapable of properly maintaining or performing a computer update.
don't blame nvidia, for being incapable of properly maintaining or performing a computer update.

Posted 07/22/2009 05:02 PM   
[quote name='bigirb2006' post='568602' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:32 PM']don't blame nvidia, for being incapable of properly maintaining or performing a computer update.[/quote]

Well buddy... if you're asking me not to blame nVidia... you should elaborate a bit more as to why I shouldn't do that! As a matter of fact, try to google this error... there are hundreds and thousands of posts of the same kind which are about the previous two faulty driver versions released by nVidia for 7, 8,9 & 200 series.
nVidia isn't concerned about the previous cards I guess. My 8800GTX was released around 25-30 months ago and it's already extinct (Only that particular card in the 8 series)!
It cost me a f@#king bomb because I chose to buy it right after it was released... (Oh well... I love this card though... its quite powerful)

And when it comes to maintaining and performing a computer update... I know how to maintain my PC dude... I know what it needs to make it run efficiently!

For ppl who were unable to open the nVidia Control Panel... the new drivers (190.38 for Vista 32 bit) solved my problems. I guess nVidia realized their blunder and released a new set of drivers as soon as they could. I hope this update works for the others too.
[quote name='bigirb2006' post='568602' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:32 PM']don't blame nvidia, for being incapable of properly maintaining or performing a computer update.

Well buddy... if you're asking me not to blame nVidia... you should elaborate a bit more as to why I shouldn't do that! As a matter of fact, try to google this error... there are hundreds and thousands of posts of the same kind which are about the previous two faulty driver versions released by nVidia for 7, 8,9 & 200 series.

nVidia isn't concerned about the previous cards I guess. My 8800GTX was released around 25-30 months ago and it's already extinct (Only that particular card in the 8 series)!

It cost me a f@#king bomb because I chose to buy it right after it was released... (Oh well... I love this card though... its quite powerful)

And when it comes to maintaining and performing a computer update... I know how to maintain my PC dude... I know what it needs to make it run efficiently!

For ppl who were unable to open the nVidia Control Panel... the new drivers (190.38 for Vista 32 bit) solved my problems. I guess nVidia realized their blunder and released a new set of drivers as soon as they could. I hope this update works for the others too.

Posted 07/22/2009 09:31 PM   
[quote name='Phobos.' post='522759' date='Mar 25 2009, 09:06 PM']I'm trying to open the driver display panel in Control Panel, and this error message keeps appearing.
The full error is:
My graphics card is GeForce 8800GTX, and my OS is Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.[/quote]

This problem still exists. See [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=102722"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=102722[/url]
[quote name='Phobos.' post='522759' date='Mar 25 2009, 09:06 PM']I'm trying to open the driver display panel in Control Panel, and this error message keeps appearing.

The full error is:

This problem still exists. See http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=102722

Posted 07/25/2009 05:53 PM   
I got this problem fixed. here are the steps.

-Go to your device manager
-Under display adapter, find NVIDA
-Right click on it, Properties then DRIVER tab
-click on roll back driver

that fixed my problem and i can now access my control panel.

Thanks
http://www.npatel.posterous.com
I got this problem fixed. here are the steps.

-Go to your device manager

-Under display adapter, find NVIDA

-Right click on it, Properties then DRIVER tab

-click on roll back driver

that fixed my problem and i can now access my control panel.

Thanks

http://www.npatel.posterous.com

Posted 04/29/2011 04:19 AM   
doing this is warned against in the release notes, doing so may void your right to support unless you perform a clean install prior to asking.

the real fix for this is to properly remove the drivers from add remove programs.
doing this is warned against in the release notes, doing so may void your right to support unless you perform a clean install prior to asking.

the real fix for this is to properly remove the drivers from add remove programs.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 04/30/2011 03:38 AM   
Scroll To Top