GTX285 vista 64 & nvd3dum.dll c000005 error
hi.
i searched the net and tried everything, but i still get kicked out from some games with the "nvd3dum.dll c000005" error:

fallout 3, after i used VATS some times it starts to stutter and then drops to desktop with the error.
grid, after 30 seconds.

someone said it could be damaged RAM-modules, so i tested them one by one, the error still occurs.i just cant believe ive got 6 damaged RAM modules.
i tried many nVidia driver versions (for example some 180.xx , 181.20, 182.06 , 182.08), used driver cleaner every time.

cryisis runs fine with all settings on very high and AA16q.

system specs:
proc.: core i7 920
mobo: gigabyte ex58-ud4p
gra-card: zotac gtx 285
ram: 12GB kingston DDR3-1066 (2x KVR1066D3N7K3/6G)

is this a driver issue? as i said, crysis runs fine (played it for 3 hours straight, no prob), so i dont think my hardware is damaged (although the graphics card makes squeaking noices as soon as its stressed, is this normal?)
what else could it be?
can someone help me please, i tried everything i can think of for the last 2 days now.

thanx in advance.
hi.

i searched the net and tried everything, but i still get kicked out from some games with the "nvd3dum.dll c000005" error:

fallout 3, after i used VATS some times it starts to stutter and then drops to desktop with the error.

grid, after 30 seconds.

someone said it could be damaged RAM-modules, so i tested them one by one, the error still occurs.i just cant believe ive got 6 damaged RAM modules.

i tried many nVidia driver versions (for example some 180.xx , 181.20, 182.06 , 182.08), used driver cleaner every time.

cryisis runs fine with all settings on very high and AA16q.

system specs:

proc.: core i7 920

mobo: gigabyte ex58-ud4p

gra-card: zotac gtx 285

ram: 12GB kingston DDR3-1066 (2x KVR1066D3N7K3/6G)

is this a driver issue? as i said, crysis runs fine (played it for 3 hours straight, no prob), so i dont think my hardware is damaged (although the graphics card makes squeaking noices as soon as its stressed, is this normal?)

what else could it be?

can someone help me please, i tried everything i can think of for the last 2 days now.

thanx in advance.

Posted 03/08/2009 12:11 AM   
The only way you can test ram sticks (that I'm aware of) is windows or memtest86. Memtest is the leader here. As they set the standard for ram testing.

That error in general will point to system instability. And it doesn't have to be 6 bad sticks. It only needs to be one. It can be anything. Your system has to be stable.

The noise your hearing is capacitor ring. Probably not getting enough juice. That could be the root of both of those problems. What are you using for a PSU, brand name, watts, amp+12 rails?
The only way you can test ram sticks (that I'm aware of) is windows or memtest86. Memtest is the leader here. As they set the standard for ram testing.

That error in general will point to system instability. And it doesn't have to be 6 bad sticks. It only needs to be one. It can be anything. Your system has to be stable.

The noise your hearing is capacitor ring. Probably not getting enough juice. That could be the root of both of those problems. What are you using for a PSU, brand name, watts, amp+12 rails?

Would you like SLI Support for your game?

nvidia.com_sli_request_form

Nvidia_SLI_Profile_Update#7_2011.03.01

Posted 03/08/2009 01:41 AM   
Update the motherboard BIOS.
Update the motherboard BIOS.

Posted 03/08/2009 02:08 AM   
i already updatet the bios to F6 and installed the latest chipset drivers before. today i updated to the latest beta-bios F7A.
the error still pops up.

memtest said my RAM is ok. nice to know.

PSU:
SilverStone SST-DA650W , +12V 54 A
i already updatet the bios to F6 and installed the latest chipset drivers before. today i updated to the latest beta-bios F7A.

the error still pops up.

memtest said my RAM is ok. nice to know.

PSU:

SilverStone SST-DA650W , +12V 54 A

Posted 03/08/2009 09:50 AM   
another strange thing: that capacitor ring sound onlyy occurs with crysis, esspecially in the main menu.

i dont get it, crysis runs fine for hours...
another strange thing: that capacitor ring sound onlyy occurs with crysis, esspecially in the main menu.

Posted 03/08/2009 10:31 AM   
[quote name='CooperHawkes' post='515271' date='Mar 8 2009, 05:31 AM']another strange thing: that capacitor ring sound onlyy occurs with crysis, esspecially in the main menu.

i dont get it, crysis runs fine for hours...[/quote]

What are you overclocked? A lot of people say that about crysis. That's more than enough juice, and a good PSU : )

Have you tested it for stability? Like ortho's for 12 to 18 hrs. Ram voltage?
[quote name='CooperHawkes' post='515271' date='Mar 8 2009, 05:31 AM']another strange thing: that capacitor ring sound onlyy occurs with crysis, esspecially in the main menu.

What are you overclocked? A lot of people say that about crysis. That's more than enough juice, and a good PSU : )

Have you tested it for stability? Like ortho's for 12 to 18 hrs. Ram voltage?

Would you like SLI Support for your game?

nvidia.com_sli_request_form

Nvidia_SLI_Profile_Update#7_2011.03.01

Posted 03/10/2009 10:48 PM   
this will seem off the wall but it sounds like the same problem i was having with x3:terran conflict, another high demand game.
this is going to seem off the wall but it worked for me on both my computers;

pci latency is set to 32 or 64 on most motherboards by default, higher numbers means pci hardware will try harder to hog the pci bus for themselves while working.
change it to a higher number if your sound gets choppy or you have jittery graphics to allow your sound card etc to catch upto your pcie graphics.
pcie doesn't use pci latency and is usually the fastest hardware in your system. so by the time your (sound card/network/etc) finishes its work (cycle) the video card could be sending the results of the third cycle. to match the sound to the screen some sounds are stopped short and or skipped to get the timing right. this setting allows your other pci devices to finish what they started before skipping whole cycles to catch up producing better u]latency![[/u] :wacko:

i'm way too long winded...

just try it!
this will seem off the wall but it sounds like the same problem i was having with x3:terran conflict, another high demand game.

this is going to seem off the wall but it worked for me on both my computers;

pci latency is set to 32 or 64 on most motherboards by default, higher numbers means pci hardware will try harder to hog the pci bus for themselves while working.

change it to a higher number if your sound gets choppy or you have jittery graphics to allow your sound card etc to catch upto your pcie graphics.

pcie doesn't use pci latency and is usually the fastest hardware in your system. so by the time your (sound card/network/etc) finishes its work (cycle) the video card could be sending the results of the third cycle. to match the sound to the screen some sounds are stopped short and or skipped to get the timing right. this setting allows your other pci devices to finish what they started before skipping whole cycles to catch up producing better u]latency![[/u] :wacko:

i'm way too long winded...

just try it!

Posted 04/04/2009 06:43 AM   
Hi everyone. GTX 285 BIOS interested. BIOS Version: 62.00.77.00.82 (P0892-0055) I can not find anywhere, I ask you to help me. To change the BIOS is bad for the image. This is a must; http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/gepvq/ Thank you.
Hi everyone.
GTX 285 BIOS interested.
BIOS Version: 62.00.77.00.82 (P0892-0055)
I can not find anywhere, I ask you to help me.
To change the BIOS is bad for the image.
This is a must; http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/gepvq/

Thank you.

Posted 02/20/2014 07:38 AM   
Scroll To Top