Anybody free of ghosting?

Choose one please.

Yes, in EVERY game I play
In SOME games, but not at others
NO, I haven't seen these things before
  1 / 5    
It seems that ghosting is present not only at CRT, but also LCD and DLP.

Many people in this forum say that they're suffering from ghosting,
but no proper answer is given from NVidia.

Is Nvidia not aware of this problem when they developed this product?
Or just ignoring it?

[attachment=8753:unt.jpg]
Don't you see these ghost in every game? I see them, now I'm sick and tired of ignoring them....
It seems that ghosting is present not only at CRT, but also LCD and DLP.

Many people in this forum say that they're suffering from ghosting,

but no proper answer is given from NVidia.

Is Nvidia not aware of this problem when they developed this product?

Or just ignoring it?

[attachment=8753:unt.jpg]

Don't you see these ghost in every game? I see them, now I'm sick and tired of ignoring them....

Posted 03/05/2009 04:12 PM   
spec of your pc would probably help. i have never had ghosting on any of my pcs
spec of your pc would probably help. i have never had ghosting on any of my pcs

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 03/05/2009 05:35 PM   
I don't have that problem at all. Not sure why you're seeing double.
I don't have that problem at all. Not sure why you're seeing double.

1x Intel S5000Xvn Mainboard

2x Quad 2.66GHz Xeons (X5355, 8 Cores)

1x EVGA GTX480

8x 2GB FB-DIMM 667 (16GB)

2x 64GB Corsair M4 SSDs in RAID0 (System)

4x 1TB SATA2 64MB Cache Western Digital Black's in RAID0 (Storage)

1x Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

1x BD-ROM

1x DVD-RW

1x Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Power Supply

1x Dell 30" 2560x1600 LCD

1x Samsung 22" 120hz GeForce 3D Vision Display

1x APC 1500VAC SmartUPS Battery Backup

1x Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Posted 03/05/2009 05:41 PM   
Oh if you don't have these things, it's such a relief for me because there is hope that I can eradicate this annoying things..

Here are my specs:
i7 920@3.6GHz
DDR3 2Gx3
Rampage II extreme
GTX280 x3
forceware 181.22 (also I tried every versions I can get)
Samsung 21' CRT(Syncmaster 1000s), 1024x768@120Hz
Oh if you don't have these things, it's such a relief for me because there is hope that I can eradicate this annoying things..

Here are my specs:

i7 920@3.6GHz

DDR3 2Gx3

Rampage II extreme

GTX280 x3

forceware 181.22 (also I tried every versions I can get)

Samsung 21' CRT(Syncmaster 1000s), 1024x768@120Hz

Posted 03/05/2009 06:00 PM   
[quote name='SpyderCanopus' post='514096' date='Mar 6 2009, 06:41 AM']I don't have that problem at all. Not sure why you're seeing double.[/quote]

Spydercanopus, is your monitor is LCD? (and is it 2233RZ which came to market nowadays?)
[quote name='SpyderCanopus' post='514096' date='Mar 6 2009, 06:41 AM']I don't have that problem at all. Not sure why you're seeing double.

Spydercanopus, is your monitor is LCD? (and is it 2233RZ which came to market nowadays?)

Posted 03/05/2009 06:03 PM   
[quote name='gobow' post='514115' date='Mar 5 2009, 12:03 PM']Spydercanopus, is your monitor is LCD? (and is it 2233RZ which came to market nowadays?)[/quote]

Yes, it's the bundled monitor. Have you tried turning off SLI? If not that, perhaps your convergence settings are off. Curious to find out your results.
[quote name='gobow' post='514115' date='Mar 5 2009, 12:03 PM']Spydercanopus, is your monitor is LCD? (and is it 2233RZ which came to market nowadays?)

Yes, it's the bundled monitor. Have you tried turning off SLI? If not that, perhaps your convergence settings are off. Curious to find out your results.

1x EVGA GTX480

1x BD-ROM

1x DVD-RW

Posted 03/05/2009 06:22 PM   
[quote name='SpyderCanopus' post='514129' date='Mar 6 2009, 07:22 AM']Yes, it's the bundled monitor. Have you tried turning off SLI? If not that, perhaps your convergence settings are off. Curious to find out your results.[/quote]

I tried everything I can change, including turning on/off SLI, changing convergence, .. but no difference.

Anyway, after investigating the image I posted above, I noticed this:
[attachment=8756:unt.jpg] (I modified the image a little bit)

Do you see the breakage between yellow line? (also in magenta line)

I think that upper half is the new image which is newly drawn by cathode tube,
and lower half is the old image which is dimming out.

And especially if you pay attention to the yellow line in the upper half, you can see two yellow lines (flesh and ghost).
The ghost line would be the remnants of lower half which is not yet dimmed out completely.
And I think that that's why the ghost is visible in CRT.

And if white dot takes more time to dimmed out than other color (maybe it takes more energy to excite phosphorus on the CRT screen),
it explains why the white building in the blue sky(especially in the Mirror's edge) is so 'ghosty'.

I think that LCD would be free of these 'lagging to be dimmed out' problem. Really I hope, because I don't want to waste my 199$ on this white ghost.
[quote name='SpyderCanopus' post='514129' date='Mar 6 2009, 07:22 AM']Yes, it's the bundled monitor. Have you tried turning off SLI? If not that, perhaps your convergence settings are off. Curious to find out your results.

I tried everything I can change, including turning on/off SLI, changing convergence, .. but no difference.

Anyway, after investigating the image I posted above, I noticed this:

[attachment=8756:unt.jpg] (I modified the image a little bit)

Do you see the breakage between yellow line? (also in magenta line)

I think that upper half is the new image which is newly drawn by cathode tube,

And especially if you pay attention to the yellow line in the upper half, you can see two yellow lines (flesh and ghost).

The ghost line would be the remnants of lower half which is not yet dimmed out completely.

And I think that that's why the ghost is visible in CRT.

And if white dot takes more time to dimmed out than other color (maybe it takes more energy to excite phosphorus on the CRT screen),

it explains why the white building in the blue sky(especially in the Mirror's edge) is so 'ghosty'.

I think that LCD would be free of these 'lagging to be dimmed out' problem. Really I hope, because I don't want to waste my 199$ on this white ghost.

Posted 03/05/2009 06:45 PM   
[quote name='gobow' post='514145' date='Mar 5 2009, 12:45 PM']I think that upper half is the new image which is newly drawn by cathode tube,
and lower half is the old image which is dimming out.[/quote]

That makes sense. Is it an older CRT? I have seen some blurry old CRTs in my day which tells me they "wear out" with age.
[quote name='gobow' post='514145' date='Mar 5 2009, 12:45 PM']I think that upper half is the new image which is newly drawn by cathode tube,

That makes sense. Is it an older CRT? I have seen some blurry old CRTs in my day which tells me they "wear out" with age.

1x EVGA GTX480

1x BD-ROM

1x DVD-RW

Posted 03/05/2009 07:09 PM   
I too have the same LCD "samsung" and no ghosting at all. I have a old crt I will try to look at it later to compare.
I too have the same LCD "samsung" and no ghosting at all. I have a old crt I will try to look at it later to compare.

Posted 03/05/2009 08:12 PM   
[quote name='Zeeblade' post='514193' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:12 PM']I too have the same LCD "samsung" and no ghosting at all. I have a old crt I will try to look at it later to compare.[/quote]

I bought the bundle with the Samsung LCD and I have horrible ghosting problems. It makes most games unplayable. I've been trying to figure it out, but so far with no luck. The only games I can reliably play are Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2. They both have quite a bit of ghosting but it's less noticeable. Every other game is too bad to be playable. I've made sure the dynamic contrast is off and the monitor is "warmed up" when I use it so I'm sure that isn't the problem. I've tried the 1.04 and 1.05 beta drivers and there is no difference. I've tried the convergence settings and that didn't help either :\ I don't know what else I can do, but it sucks because I just don't use the 3d anymore. It's not worth the trouble.
[quote name='Zeeblade' post='514193' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:12 PM']I too have the same LCD "samsung" and no ghosting at all. I have a old crt I will try to look at it later to compare.

I bought the bundle with the Samsung LCD and I have horrible ghosting problems. It makes most games unplayable. I've been trying to figure it out, but so far with no luck. The only games I can reliably play are Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2. They both have quite a bit of ghosting but it's less noticeable. Every other game is too bad to be playable. I've made sure the dynamic contrast is off and the monitor is "warmed up" when I use it so I'm sure that isn't the problem. I've tried the 1.04 and 1.05 beta drivers and there is no difference. I've tried the convergence settings and that didn't help either :\ I don't know what else I can do, but it sucks because I just don't use the 3d anymore. It's not worth the trouble.

Posted 03/05/2009 09:00 PM   
[quote name='Bosko' post='514215' date='Mar 6 2009, 10:00 AM']I bought the bundle with the Samsung LCD and I have horrible ghosting problems. It makes most games unplayable. I've been trying to figure it out, but so far with no luck. The only games I can reliably play are Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2. They both have quite a bit of ghosting but it's less noticeable. Every other game is too bad to be playable. I've made sure the dynamic contrast is off and the monitor is "warmed up" when I use it so I'm sure that isn't the problem. I've tried the 1.04 and 1.05 beta drivers and there is no difference. I've tried the convergence settings and that didn't help either :\ I don't know what else I can do, but it sucks because I just don't use the 3d anymore. It's not worth the trouble.[/quote]

Spydercanopus and Bosko both have the same LCD(Samsung 2233RZ)
but spydercanopus is free of ghost, while Bosko feels horrible ghosting problem.

I don't understand. Is the ghosting matter of setup? or matter of sensitivity of the eye or brain of the user?
I thought that the ghosting is from the nature of the CRT but now I'm not sure of that.

For people in this forum who says he's free of ghost, I'd like to ask, 'Really are you sure of that?'
[quote name='Bosko' post='514215' date='Mar 6 2009, 10:00 AM']I bought the bundle with the Samsung LCD and I have horrible ghosting problems. It makes most games unplayable. I've been trying to figure it out, but so far with no luck. The only games I can reliably play are Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2. They both have quite a bit of ghosting but it's less noticeable. Every other game is too bad to be playable. I've made sure the dynamic contrast is off and the monitor is "warmed up" when I use it so I'm sure that isn't the problem. I've tried the 1.04 and 1.05 beta drivers and there is no difference. I've tried the convergence settings and that didn't help either :\ I don't know what else I can do, but it sucks because I just don't use the 3d anymore. It's not worth the trouble.

Spydercanopus and Bosko both have the same LCD(Samsung 2233RZ)

but spydercanopus is free of ghost, while Bosko feels horrible ghosting problem.

I don't understand. Is the ghosting matter of setup? or matter of sensitivity of the eye or brain of the user?

I thought that the ghosting is from the nature of the CRT but now I'm not sure of that.

For people in this forum who says he's free of ghost, I'd like to ask, 'Really are you sure of that?'

Posted 03/06/2009 03:34 AM   
I have the samsung bundle as well and am experiencing a ton of ghosting. Even in dark games such as L4D which is far less noticable but still there for sure.

I've posted a couple times here and people have said that some ghosting is going to be normal. Some have also said that you will get used to just focusing on the actual images and you wont even notice the ghosting, but my ghosting is as bad as some of the other posted and have went over these forums and tried all these settings, even redid vista and tried a fresh setup.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
4 Gigs DDR2
780I motherboard
single 260 (also tried a 9600 gt)
Samsung 2233rz bundle

Startin to think my hardware is defective too.
I have the samsung bundle as well and am experiencing a ton of ghosting. Even in dark games such as L4D which is far less noticable but still there for sure.

I've posted a couple times here and people have said that some ghosting is going to be normal. Some have also said that you will get used to just focusing on the actual images and you wont even notice the ghosting, but my ghosting is as bad as some of the other posted and have went over these forums and tried all these settings, even redid vista and tried a fresh setup.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

4 Gigs DDR2

780I motherboard

single 260 (also tried a 9600 gt)

Samsung 2233rz bundle

Startin to think my hardware is defective too.

Posted 03/06/2009 07:57 AM   
double post.
double post.

Posted 03/06/2009 09:03 AM   
Here's a 3D ghost test picture with a scale (rename it to .jps).
res [color="green"]1680*1050[/color]: [url="http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10004/ghost_test_1680x1050.jpg"][img]http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10004/thumb_ghost_test_1680x1050.jpg[/img][/url]
It's from this thread: [url="http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=861"]http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=861[/url]
See if You can spot some ghosting outside the squares and read the scale.
Here's a 3D ghost test picture with a scale (rename it to .jps).

res 1680*1050: Image

It's from this thread: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=861

See if You can spot some ghosting outside the squares and read the scale.

Posted 03/07/2009 07:03 PM   
I also have the samsung 2233RZ bundle - and ghosting. You can see it plainly in the Nvidia test screen. It's not subtle, you can look right at it. It's a duplicate image somewhat fainter, that is visible when there are objects of contrasting brightness. There are both dark-on-light as well as light-on-dark ghosts. Another really obvious way to see it is run Far Cry 2 and look at the sky with trees present.
Its pretty hard to miss, there are duplicate branches, almost as dark as the original. The sun has two inverse colored suns, one on either side.

The depth control just affects how far apart the ghosts are. As you turn the depth down to 0 the ghosts get close together and merge. Like others, I have tried messing with all the refresh rates, resolution, vsync, turning off lights in the room, etc, but it doesn't have the slightest affect on ghosting.

On side note, I found that the Far Cry 2 settings recommended by Nvidia were not that accurate. some tips:
1. Shadows didn't matter at all. Turn up as high as you want. In fact they look amazing in 3d and render fine.
2. Geometery: I had to reduce the to Medium or all kind of unfinished white polygons would appear on the right side of the screen.
3. hit ` and set gfx_WaterReflectionQualtiy 1. this elimates the rendering anomoly (where any body of water has a disorienting glare from spatially displaced sky reflections)
Still has ghosting on any contrasting objects, and a problem with shading where one eye gets different shading info than the other for terrain and buildings etc, but these settings make it a little better overall.

i'm using a gtx295 on vista64
I also have the samsung 2233RZ bundle - and ghosting. You can see it plainly in the Nvidia test screen. It's not subtle, you can look right at it. It's a duplicate image somewhat fainter, that is visible when there are objects of contrasting brightness. There are both dark-on-light as well as light-on-dark ghosts. Another really obvious way to see it is run Far Cry 2 and look at the sky with trees present.

Its pretty hard to miss, there are duplicate branches, almost as dark as the original. The sun has two inverse colored suns, one on either side.

The depth control just affects how far apart the ghosts are. As you turn the depth down to 0 the ghosts get close together and merge. Like others, I have tried messing with all the refresh rates, resolution, vsync, turning off lights in the room, etc, but it doesn't have the slightest affect on ghosting.

On side note, I found that the Far Cry 2 settings recommended by Nvidia were not that accurate. some tips:

1. Shadows didn't matter at all. Turn up as high as you want. In fact they look amazing in 3d and render fine.

2. Geometery: I had to reduce the to Medium or all kind of unfinished white polygons would appear on the right side of the screen.

3. hit ` and set gfx_WaterReflectionQualtiy 1. this elimates the rendering anomoly (where any body of water has a disorienting glare from spatially displaced sky reflections)

Still has ghosting on any contrasting objects, and a problem with shading where one eye gets different shading info than the other for terrain and buildings etc, but these settings make it a little better overall.

i'm using a gtx295 on vista64

Posted 03/08/2009 11:01 AM   
  1 / 5    
Scroll To Top