Dual Monitors and Full screen gaming problem
The video card I'm currently using is an Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 and I have two 24" Acer monitors.
The problem I'm having is that when I play a full screen game on my primary monitor. Once I move the mouse out to the 2nd monitor and click on the desktop or wherever on the 2nd monitor, the game on the primary monitor minimizes. I would like to know how you can play a full screen game on one monitor and do something else like surf the web and chat online without having the game on the primary monitor constantly minimizing. I would also like to know how to force a full screen game to be on the 2nd monitor instead of the primary.

Thanks.
The video card I'm currently using is an Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 and I have two 24" Acer monitors.

The problem I'm having is that when I play a full screen game on my primary monitor. Once I move the mouse out to the 2nd monitor and click on the desktop or wherever on the 2nd monitor, the game on the primary monitor minimizes. I would like to know how you can play a full screen game on one monitor and do something else like surf the web and chat online without having the game on the primary monitor constantly minimizing. I would also like to know how to force a full screen game to be on the 2nd monitor instead of the primary.

Thanks.

Posted 02/28/2009 07:15 AM   
[quote name='roarono' post='511599' date='Feb 28 2009, 07:15 AM']The video card I'm currently using is an Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 and I have two 24" Acer monitors.

Thanks.[/quote]

I think your problem here is the singular "video card". I believe that in order to get what you desire, you would need two video cards. Essentially when you click on the second screens "desktop" it is actually nothing more than an extension of the original desktop. So you're clicking on the original desktop too, closing out of the game. With two (or more) graphics cards you can pretty much have two desktops seperate of each other on each video card, allowing you to do what you want.
[quote name='roarono' post='511599' date='Feb 28 2009, 07:15 AM']The video card I'm currently using is an Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 and I have two 24" Acer monitors.

Thanks.

I think your problem here is the singular "video card". I believe that in order to get what you desire, you would need two video cards. Essentially when you click on the second screens "desktop" it is actually nothing more than an extension of the original desktop. So you're clicking on the original desktop too, closing out of the game. With two (or more) graphics cards you can pretty much have two desktops seperate of each other on each video card, allowing you to do what you want.

Posted 02/28/2009 10:28 AM   
Um, one solution is : Play the game in windowed mode , but extend it to cover your whole screen. Then you can click back and forth with your second monitor without minimizing.

And for me , I'm using 2 monitors and when I play a full screen game, my cursor doesn't move to the second screen. :ph34r:
Um, one solution is : Play the game in windowed mode , but extend it to cover your whole screen. Then you can click back and forth with your second monitor without minimizing.

And for me , I'm using 2 monitors and when I play a full screen game, my cursor doesn't move to the second screen. :ph34r:

Posted 02/28/2009 12:46 PM   
So I have to get another video card in order to make it so it won't keep minimizing to when playing in full screen mode and trying to work on the other monitor?
And not all the games I play have window mode so it would be great if there was a program to force full screen games into being window mode. =/
So I have to get another video card in order to make it so it won't keep minimizing to when playing in full screen mode and trying to work on the other monitor?

And not all the games I play have window mode so it would be great if there was a program to force full screen games into being window mode. =/

Posted 03/01/2009 05:32 AM   
What, like 95% of the games on Earth support window mode? The 2nd card won't help. I have 2 cards and 2 monitors. You will most likely need to run in wondow mode. Works fine for me with 1 or 2 cards installed.
What, like 95% of the games on Earth support window mode? The 2nd card won't help. I have 2 cards and 2 monitors. You will most likely need to run in wondow mode. Works fine for me with 1 or 2 cards installed.

Posted 03/01/2009 12:52 PM   
Well the games I mainly play don't have window mode. :< So that sucks a lot. ._.
Well the games I mainly play don't have window mode. :< So that sucks a lot. ._.

Posted 03/01/2009 08:07 PM   
Thought I heard of a program that forces either full screen or window mode. Do a search on these forums (whole forum, just in case) and see what you find.
Thought I heard of a program that forces either full screen or window mode. Do a search on these forums (whole forum, just in case) and see what you find.

Posted 03/01/2009 09:50 PM   
Scroll To Top