OpenGL for Geforce 8600 GT How I can enable it?
My video card is Geforce 8600 GT, 1GB. I use Photoshop and I can`t use some functions because of openGL. It demands to enable openGL in preferences. But I can`t enable in it. You can see it image below. Please tell me how to activate openGL.

Thanks.

[img]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6541/opengl.png[/img]
My video card is Geforce 8600 GT, 1GB. I use Photoshop and I can`t use some functions because of openGL. It demands to enable openGL in preferences. But I can`t enable in it. You can see it image below. Please tell me how to activate openGL.

Thanks.

Attachments

openGL.bmp

Posted 02/25/2009 07:45 PM   
I had a look in my preferences and shows my video card as seen below:

[attachment=11231:PS.jpg]

It looks like Photshop isn't detecting your GPU which is probably why it doesn't allow you to select OpenGL.
I had a look in my preferences and shows my video card as seen below:

[attachment=11231:PS.jpg]

It looks like Photshop isn't detecting your GPU which is probably why it doesn't allow you to select OpenGL.

Posted 02/25/2009 08:31 PM   
Edit: double post deleted
Edit: double post deleted

Posted 02/25/2009 08:34 PM   
I just upgraded from that card to the 9800 GT OC (I would recommend it)
My OpenGL worked fine on the 8600 GT but I do remember that I had to upgrade the driver from the one that came with the card.

So I would check your driver version you may need to upgrade it or Like the case with my 9800 GT OC I had to actually roll back the driver because OpenGL won’t work with that cards lasted driver update.

I would recommend getting the 9600 GT or 9800 GT the 8600 GT didn’t really give me the power I needed but I also run the rest of the adobe products and 3D Max.
I don’t know if you do as well but if you do think about upgrading it was worth it to me.

My OpenGL worked fine on the 8600 GT but I do remember that I had to upgrade the driver from the one that came with the card.

So I would check your driver version you may need to upgrade it or Like the case with my 9800 GT OC I had to actually roll back the driver because OpenGL won’t work with that cards lasted driver update.

I would recommend getting the 9600 GT or 9800 GT the 8600 GT didn’t really give me the power I needed but I also run the rest of the adobe products and 3D Max.

I don’t know if you do as well but if you do think about upgrading it was worth it to me.

Posted 02/27/2009 01:54 AM   

Posted 02/27/2009 01:54 AM   
Scroll To Top